Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Notes/Discussion related to forum consolidation

*****This notice will also be made into a Site Announcement for a week, and any and all stickies in specific forums will be linked back here so all discussion can take place here******

PSD members,

Ever since Rush and I took over the reigns from SI last year, we've tried our best to make the site better for all of you. We've rolled back a little on the rules and tried to be a bit more lax. We've brought back most banned members to give them a shot at contributing again. One of the other things that was a popular idea, and has been brought up a few times since then, is the idea of consolidating forums so that discussion is more centrally located.

Tonight was the first step in this process. Most categories were reorganized to show the emphasis on sports discussion here. What we did will be listed below, and some changes can still result from this. Step two will be looking inside each specific category (i.e. Baseball, Football, Basketball, etc) and seeing what we can consolidate from there, and how can we organize things in the main forums to accommodate these changes.

If you have any ideas to share, or any feedback, please reply to this thread in the General Questions and Concerns forum.

1.) We combined the Welcome to PSD category and the F/S category as the first category you will see.

2.) Each sport category will be listed after this. We have also agreed that we will move forums around as they are in season. So right now, the list will be: Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey. After the World Series, the baseball forum will be at the back of that list. When the Super Bowl is over, the same goes for the Football forum. Following the NBA and NHL Finals, they will head back to the end. This was something mentioned multiple times as well

3.) We've broken Wrestling, MMA and Boxing out of the Other Sports category into their own new category called "Fight Sports"

4.) Other Sports has had one forum removed already, and others moved into the Fight Sports category.

5.) The General Discussion forums have moved to the bottom of the page.

6.) We've rolled the Politics forum into the General category now, and are going to test out the Religion and Science thread being subforums of the Politics category. We still want each discussion to be separate, but since a lot of the same posters visit those three sections, having them in a one-spot stop seemed like an idea to try.

7.) Health and Fitness and the Food and Beverage forums are in the General category, but they are on the chopping block. If we do not see more activity in those forums over the next three months, they will be combined into the General Discussions forum.

"Combat Sports" sounds better than "Fight Sports" imo

Not a bad idea, bf1.

I like this except for the Politics with REligion and Science as sub forums. That seems messy to me and I don't even participate in any of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I also don't like the General Discussions at the bottom. :angry:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I don't like the religion and science as sub forums of politics. Seems like a ***** way of hiding them so they are less troublesome.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    "Combat Sports" sounds better than "Fight Sports" imo
    I really like that, and am going to change it when I can tonight, thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    I don't like the religion and science as sub forums of politics. Seems like a ***** way of hiding them so they are less troublesome.

Believe it or not, I don't recall any issues coming from those forums, as they police themselves pretty well. I am also surprised that you feel that we doing this in a negative way. That's not the case at all. Most of the people who participate in the Religion and Science forums also are active in the Politics forum, and this was a way to hopefully put each forum in the same spot (if you bookmark the politics forum, you will see the other two forums at the top) so we are hopeful it actually provides more activity this way.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I also don't like the General Discussions at the bottom. :angry:
    I mean, this is a sports forum. I did have some feedback from a few moderators about it, and it's something we will watch and see what happens. It could change again. I really wanted to combine all of the non-sports discussion into one place though, instead of the two categories we previously had.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Believe it or not, I don't recall any issues coming from those forums, as they police themselves pretty well. I am also surprised that you feel that we doing this in a negative way. That's not the case at all. Most of the people who participate in the Religion and Science forums also are active in the Politics forum, and this was a way to hopefully put each forum in the same spot (if you bookmark the politics forum, you will see the other two forums at the top) so we are hopeful it actually provides more activity this way.
    I was a little hungry earlier, I was probably being a *****. I apologize haha.

I do think we should have a place where we can go to set u0 group events and ****. Almost like Facebook but that way we don't have to give out our personal information. I know we have talked a lot about forum tailgates and bbqs in the Raiders forum. Could be a good way to build the community.

Good job, now consolidate my balls

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Good job, now consolidate my balls
    What's the access code?

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    What's the access code?
    is that moderator humor?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

So I just noticed something that might make putting the Religion and Science forums underneath the Politics a bad idea. It looks like religious topics are being discussed in the Politics forum from the main forum view. Since the most recent post shows up there regardless of which subforum it comes from. I think that most regulars will know the rules but if someone sees a religious topic that appears to be coming from the Politics forum, it might lead to them starting their own threads in the main Politics forum. Might be me jumping to conclusions, but figure it's worth pointing out.

I'm in support of any changes you guys are up for trying. Personally, I just bookmark anything of use.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast