Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 230 of 230 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230
Results 3,436 to 3,443 of 3443
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I'm not torturing myself this summer by suggesting any more signings or trades. You guys feel free. The draft told me everything I need to know about how aggressive Miami is in regard to building the roster. I'm on record now saying 0.1% chance Miami can get Butler. 0% chance Miami gets Butler and Kyrie.

For me I'm just going fast forward to 2020 draft and jumping on the #TankForColeAnthony bandwagon.
    I can't blame you. I stated before the draft, that what Miami does will reflect free agency. So you right.

It's just that there are reports out there HEAT related, so i am just posting the links, & the only thing we can do is just wait & see.

& tanking might not work, the League has there own agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Let me start off by saying Iíve been hearing g Kyrie to Lakers, the media is saying to Brooklyn but Brooklyn is hesitant if he canít bring KD with him. But......JRich Winslow and now Herro have been recruiting both Kyrie and Jimmy to Miami. I would assume Wade is in their ear as well.
    haha dude, we can't even sign Butler, much less him and kyrie...
    with what cap? We'd literally need to dump dragic, waiters, whiteside, JJ and waive ryan anderson to be able to sign two dudes. no way we can pull that off. unless of course we wipe out our young core in the process. then we'll have butler and kyrie and KO and a bunch of dudes like DJJ and ellington ... honestly would probably be better than what we have or will have for the next two years...
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    I can't blame you. I stated before the draft, that what Miami does will reflect free agency. So you right.

It's just that there are reports out there HEAT related, so i am just posting the links, & the only thing we can do is just wait & see.

& tanking might not work, the League has there own agenda.
    I never am serious about tanking. Just let the team organically suck like they've done this past season.

There's no need to gift older veterans the majority of minutes. Instead play Winslow, Herro, Richardson, DJJ, and Bam 35+ minutes and I'm certain the Heat will be in the hunt for a top 4 pick. If they play that lineup I'd estimate the wins at 28-30 which is good enough to get the job done. Pelicans won the lottery with 33 wins. Miami has a puncher's chance at a top 4 with that record.

I never am serious about tanking. Just let the team organically suck like they've done this past season.

There's no need to gift older veterans the majority of minutes. Instead play Winslow, Herro, Richardson, DJJ, and Bam 35+ minutes and I'm certain the Heat will be in the hunt for a top 4 pick. If they play that lineup I'd estimate the wins at 28-30 which is good enough to get the job done. Pelicans won the lottery with 33 wins. Miami has a puncher's chance at a top 4 with that record.
    Yea, as of now, next years draft is pretty deep when it comes to shot creating ball handlers, college and international....I think the flatten odds helps us since we don't have to be pathetically bad and STILL be able to get a top pick

Tanking, imo, rarely works, and high draft picks usually are the only way out for smaller markets that probably would not be able to recruit stars to the city.

Think about our championship teams: Shaq, Walker, Williams, Payton, Posey all veterans, all traded for or signed in the off-season. Same with Lebron, Bosh, Allen, Miller, ect.
    Think about our tanking season: Beasley.
    Remember that we dealt young prospects for a chance at Shaq, including butler and odom, and dealt beasley to make sure we can sign both Bosh and Lebron.

I can't think of a single team where "tanking' was beneficial. Even the 76ers are not a championship level team after like 7 years of tanking.

The point being, the number one thing for any team is cap space, and we are going need to wait until these bad contracts expire before we can get really excited about another championship run. For next season, I will be happy to see wins, whenever possible.

Exactly. This team organically sucks. It wasn't purposely built to tank, but as a byproduct of how terrible it is, it will be in the bottom of the standings. None of the moves made have improved the team, and other teams in the East have gotten better and will continue to get better, so they have regressed by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by kjoke View Post
    Tanking, imo, rarely works, and high draft picks usually are the only way out for smaller markets that probably would not be able to recruit stars to the city.

Think about our championship teams: Shaq, Walker, Williams, Payton, Posey all veterans, all traded for or signed in the off-season. Same with Lebron, Bosh, Allen, Miller, ect.
    Think about our tanking season: Beasley.
    Remember that we dealt young prospects for a chance at Shaq, including butler and odom, and dealt beasley to make sure we can sign both Bosh and Lebron.

I can't think of a single team where "tanking' was beneficial. Even the 76ers are not a championship level team after like 7 years of tanking.

The point being, the number one thing for any team is cap space, and we are going need to wait until these bad contracts expire before we can get really excited about another championship run. For next season, I will be happy to see wins, whenever possible.
    Miami needs a talent pool, period. Even when you have cap space you want good... and more importantly cheap supporting players. Just for the sake of an example if in 2021 Miami is able clear cap and sign Beal, PG, and Davis why fill out the starting lineup by spending $7-8M alone for a role player PG like Beverley or Collision when a much younger and hopefully more talented player on a low cost rookie deal is here already?

The same holds true for having good talented guys that can be used in a trade for a star. The team losing their superstar has no interest in a guy like J Rich who can also easily leave in free agency after a year or two... but having a good player who they know will be a restricted free agent and is a controllable asset is much more attractive.

The only way to get these good, cheap players is through the draft and that's why Miami needs to build through the draft. Call it tanking if you wish, but I know that Miami doesn't purposely handicap the team with the intention of losing. It's just right now Miami has a shallow pool of talent and will organically be a bad team unless some of the young guys break out, or Dion has a career year.