Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 117 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2612
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdalton18 View Post
    Was he ever not washed ?

Drafted Beasley at #2 in front of guys like Westbrook and love

Drafted Winslow in the lottery

His only great lottery selection was Wade and he didn't even want Wade lmao he wanted Chris Kaman...but since it was him vs every scout on our team he gave in

Big 3 was put together by the players

At this point we may as well give Spo the GM/Coach power and rebuild
    Fully agree... I've always thought that Riley gets too much credit for our 3 championships. But he did make this franchise relevant in the 90's when we were a new and not well known team. Most of his impact has come as a coach, not GM.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

hotdalton18 is offline Jags&Heat&Dodgers&Gators
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade-a-minute View Post
    Was he ever not washed ?

Drafted Beasley at #2 in front of guys like Westbrook and love

Drafted Winslow in the lottery

His only great lottery selection was Wade and he didn't even want Wade lmao he wanted Chris Kaman...but since it was him vs every scout on our team he gave in

Big 3 was put together by the players

At this point we may as well give Spo the GM/Coach power and rebuild
    Fully agree... I've always thought that Riley gets too much credit for our 3 championships. But he did make this franchise relevant in the 90's when we were a new and not well known team. Most of his impact has come as a coach, not GM.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Agreed...great coach

2015-16 DPOY

Hassan Whiteside

Drink All Day, Play All Night, Let's Get It Poppin
    So Riley is washed up in comparison to what championship GM?

A lot of GMs making flashy moves...but at the end of the day, it it hasn't brought a Larry O'Brien to the city, IDGAF.

Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    So Riley is washed up in comparison to what championship GM?

A lot of GMs making flashy moves...but at the end of the day, it it hasn't brought a Larry O'Brien to the city, IDGAF.
    Riley is your picture, I respect your opinions but don't expect you to be unbiased

He traded for Shaq and he put good pieces for the money we had around the big 3

But he's one of the worst drafters...His only great pick is Wade and seriously he wanted Kaman instead lmaooo

The big 3 was put together by the players

We are in the worst spot to be in

1st round exit talent , no cap and can't get into the lottery based on how the team is set up right now

2015-16 DPOY

Hassan Whiteside

I think we need to blow it up as best we can this summer, so we can have a good pick in 2019. Iíve been trying to think of ways for us to acquire draft picks this year, but itís tough. Weíd almost certainly have to take back bad contracts and/or give up a piece that a fringe playoff team feels they need to get over the hump.

Maybe Dragic to Denver for Plumlee (or Faried) and pick #14

Dragicís age/prime lines up with Millsap. Heíd fit nicely with how they play. They have a front court jam. Donít know if theyíd give up a lottery pick tho.

Maybe Whiteside to Portland for Turner and pick #24?

Or Whiteside to Milwaukee for Henson, Delly and pick #17

Iím probably overstating Whitesides value

While I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment.... It's laughable when I hear people mentioning "blow it up" and "trade Whiteside".

Like do you guys realize he doesn't make the team better? Our record doesn't go from playoff team to lottery trading away Whiteside.

Dragić leaving on the other hand probably moves us to the lottery. At the same time trading him for the sake of trading him is a bad move. We have to get more than a late first and a horrid contract. It's a spit in the face of the fans and Dragić himself to trade a player who took a very reasonable contract and has been the engine to this team and praises the city and says he wants to retire here.

Sorry, we just have to get more somehow.

BTW, on an upside, JJ had a solid finish to the season and playoff.

Is it possible he's opened up a hope of a trade possibility?

After hearing u say that about Dragic, I have to agree. He deserves better than to be traded for that kind of a haul, and his contract IS reasonable. Iím just trying to spit ball some ideas. I donít want to see this same squad as presently constructed next season. I donít like being in this limbo between rebuilding and contending. Pick one and dive in.

With JJ...Iím trying to think of what team would value him for the $$. Because if he picks up player option on final year, thatís 3 yrs/45 mil left. What teams would he be a good fit on?

Riley is your picture, I respect your opinions but don't expect you to be unbiased

But he's one of the worst drafters...His only great pick is Wade and seriously he wanted Kaman instead lmaooo

1st round exit talent , no cap and can't get into the lottery based on how the team is set up right now
    Why in the world are we talking about things from 15 years ago? The leauge is very different even from just 4 years ago. The point I'm making is that if Riley *poofed* and was replaced by someone else, it wouldn't solve anything because just as you alluded to, it's the players that do the recruiting in today's leauge. So unless we land an allstar player that has influence in this leauge, I don't expect to attract other all stars.

I'm watching these playoffs and its a complete joke guys like Rudy Gobert and Clint Capella and Steven Adams are just plain smarter and waaaaaaay more active than Whiteside. It makes me angry thinking how much of a waste he is.

It's like he moves with sandbags attached to his sneakers. He's like way behind the play often defensively and can't see the play developing off the ball, and offensively he knows zilch about moving, cutting, and sealing his defender off the ball.

I want him off the team even if it's just a salary dump for a much smaller contract. His "raw stats" and "per36" are fool's gold.
    Last edited by beasted86; 04-29-2018 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I'm watching these playoffs and its a complete joke guys like Rudy Gobert and Clint Capella and Steven Adams are just plain smarter and waaaaaaay more active than Whiteside. It makes me angry thinking how much of a waste he is.

It's like he moves with sandbags attached to his sneakers. He's like way behind the play often defensively and can't see the play developing off the ball, and offensively he knows zilch about moving, cutting, and sealing his defender off the ball.

I want him off the team even if it's just a salary dump for a much smaller contract. His "raw stats" and "per36" are fool's gold.
    Agreed. And while heís got the sand bags, Bamís got guards feet, motor, effort and all that good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post

Do you even factor in Spo at all? I can admit he is childish and he needs to be more of a pro.

The thing is, I know when he gets shipped off, he will play at an All Star level, because the team that trades for him, will utilize him as a factor offensively. And thats all he really wants, is to prove that he can be more then a blocking center.

The way that Spo tries to get players to prove themselves doesn't work on everyone. Especially with players like Beasley and Whiteside. But at this point, I have to admit, that it's time for Pat to trade Whiteside, on the big part that Spo isn't going anywhere.

And the thing is, Spo doesn't have the balls to stand up to high profile players. I seen his true character when Lbj was here.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Do you even factor in Spo at all? I can admit he is childish and he needs to be more of a pro.

The thing is, I know when he gets shipped off, he will play at an All Star level, because the team that trades for him, will utilize him as a factor offensively. And thats all he really wants, is to prove that he can be more then a blocking center.

The way that Spo tries to get players to prove themselves doesn't work on everyone. Especially with players like Beasley and Whiteside. But at this point, I have to admit, that it's time for Pat to trade Whiteside, on the big part that Spo isn't going anywhere.

And the thing is, Spo doesn't have the balls to stand up to high profile players. I seen his true character when Lbj was here.
    Spo?

Here, jump to 4:20 in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IILW7PUvGho

Tell me where Spo was a factor in all that Whiteside footage.

Why in the world are we talking about things from 15 years ago? The leauge is very different even from just 4 years ago. The point I'm making is that if Riley *poofed* and was replaced by someone else, it wouldn't solve anything because just as you alluded to, it's the players that do the recruiting in today's leauge. So unless we land an allstar player that has influence in this leauge, I don't expect to attract other all stars.
    I know they won't just poof but with Spo saying he wants to do the GM thing in the future we may as well make the move now

Put him in both roles

That way we never have situations like the Whiteside one where Spo wants him gone year after year and Pat doesn't

We can start the rebuild and have this staff rebuild from the ground

2015-16 DPOY

Hassan Whiteside

Spo?

Here, jump to 4:20 in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IILW7PUvGho

Tell me where Spo was a factor in all that Whiteside footage.
    Exactly. Whiteside dug his own grave. He lacks common sense and work ethic. He literally hasn't improved at all since Miami signed him 4 years ago. He's added absolutely nothing to his game.