Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 185 of 185 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185
Results 2,761 to 2,766 of 2766
    Drink All Day, Play All Night, Let's Get It Poppin
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    The front office has not gotten a steal of a contract in ages, if ever. Everyone seems to be paid somewhat fairly, but nobody is underpaid.

Richardson could be underpaid if he breaks out this year, but I doubt that happens. I doubt Winslow will ever be underpaid on this new deal.
    I haven't looked into this, but compared to the previous cap, as a percentage of the total cap, I don't believe the way the HEAT are paying players has changed that much. Although the numbers look high when compared to the previous cap, percentage wise it's should not a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    I haven't looked into this, but compared to the previous cap, as a percentage of the total cap, I don't believe the way the HEAT are paying players has changed that much. Although the numbers look high when compared to the previous cap, percentage wise it's should not a big difference.
    I'm not saying the money is too much or they they have mostly overpaid I'm saying it would be nice to see a super underpaid player on a multi-year deal once in a while. Warriors had Steph, Charlotte has had Kemba, Bucks have had Middleton, Clippers extended Lou Williams at $8.0M per season just last February, etc. Miami's history is paying guys what's they are worth or slightly higher. There's never a steal of a deal.

Miami only seems to get super value for like a 1 or 2 year contract like Whiteside's first years. It would be nice to see a Waiters 3yr $20M every once in a while rather than giving him $12M per year which is par for a guy of his impact.

It would have been nice to get at least one of these main rotation players (Waiters, Olynk, Richardson, JJ, Winslow) to sign below market value. Instead they are all paid pretty fairly or slightly above value.

That's going to keep happening because the Heat overvalue their own players. Let's match TJ and his 4 yr 48M deal. Let's give Whiteside the max. We got JJ cheap and Waiters. Then all of a sudden we think they deserve huge pay raises. JJ actually had legit competition to be signed elsewhere. I don't think anyone would've paid Waiters what we ultimately paid him. It was almost like a "hey sorry we tried so hard to get gordon hayward and left you last to be signed, he's an extra couple million as an apology" JRich is literally the only good contract we have right now. Winslow is developing and young, still 22 somehow. If he plays anywhere near how he played against philly in the playoffs all season, he could end up being a steal. I could see some teams throwing 15-16M a year at him. But I mean, what are the chances of that? Heat are always so worried about keeping their own guys instead of letting one of them go from time to time because we keep finding other players like McGruder and Derrick Jones. We're probably going to start McGruder over TJ and one is making peanuts and the other 19M a year for the next two years. We need superstars and role players. We can find role players. Stop signing them to 10M deals Riley. When will he learn?
    BRUH

How does Miami have Andy Ellsburg and still have these overpayments on role players? Riley needs to get with the times or retire.

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    That's going to keep happening because the Heat overvalue their own players. Let's match TJ and his 4 yr 48M deal. Let's give Whiteside the max. We got JJ cheap and Waiters. Then all of a sudden we think they deserve huge pay raises. JJ actually had legit competition to be signed elsewhere. I don't think anyone would've paid Waiters what we ultimately paid him. It was almost like a "hey sorry we tried so hard to get gordon hayward and left you last to be signed, he's an extra couple million as an apology" JRich is literally the only good contract we have right now. Winslow is developing and young, still 22 somehow. If he plays anywhere near how he played against philly in the playoffs all season, he could end up being a steal. I could see some teams throwing 15-16M a year at him. But I mean, what are the chances of that? Heat are always so worried about keeping their own guys instead of letting one of them go from time to time because we keep finding other players like McGruder and Derrick Jones. We're probably going to start McGruder over TJ and one is making peanuts and the other 19M a year for the next two years. We need superstars and role players. We can find role players. Stop signing them to 10M deals Riley. When will he learn?
    I'd say JRich and Olynk are the "good" contracts on the team. But "good" in this context just means fair, and easily traded. Not "that guy is underpaid" good.

JRich still might have some room to grow and make that happen but it's not likely.

Drink All Day, Play All Night, Let's Get It Poppin
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I'm not saying the money is too much or they they have mostly overpaid I'm saying it would be nice to see a super underpaid player on a multi-year deal once in a while. Warriors had Steph, Charlotte has had Kemba, Bucks have had Middleton, Clippers extended Lou Williams at $8.0M per season just last February, etc. Miami's history is paying guys what's they are worth or slightly higher. There's never a steal of a deal.

Miami only seems to get super value for like a 1 or 2 year contract like Whiteside's first years. It would be nice to see a Waiters 3yr $20M every once in a while rather than giving him $12M per year which is par for a guy of his impact.

It would have been nice to get at least one of these main rotation players (Waiters, Olynk, Richardson, JJ, Winslow) to sign below market value. Instead they are all paid pretty fairly or slightly above value.
    Yeah, it's like LRizzle says, the HEAT overvalue them, most likely based on the internal metrics that they use...but maybe that metrics system is not serving them well when it comes to writing the check.