Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 101 of 176 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2627
  1. #1501
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    14,876
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    By blow it up what do you mean specifically? I don't think they have the assets to get rid of majority of the guys. TJ, JJ, Weighters, Kelly will all be very hard to trade and almost impossibly for salary dumps.
    Wasn't my idea to blow it up, but if they were going that route, Miami doesn't need to salary dump. They do need to trade for assets though.

    If some team wants us to take a different overpaid player and attach an asset that works fine.

    IE Deng plus 1st round draft pick swap for TJ. Sign me up.

  2. #1502
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    23,979
    Quote Originally Posted by king james View Post
    U all really need to get off of Winslow. He isnít the sole reason for us playing bad. Heís not the one calling these bad plays and sets were in. Heís not the one forcing Wade into taking bad shots and turnovers every other possession. Letís be real place the blame on the whole team and not just one person.
    Winslow, JJ and TJ are a big reason why we are doing so bad. You cannot blame anything on Wade because we were playing like crap before he got here. Of those 3 Winslow is the biggest problem for the fact we give him so much freedom to try and get the offense going and he just plain sucks at it. At least TJ and JJ can have a good game here and there. Winslow just kind of stays consistent with his sucking.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

  3. #1503
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    14,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    At least TJ and JJ can have a good game here and there. Winslow just kind of stays consistent with his sucking.
    LMAO! So true.

  4. #1504
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Miami,fl
    Posts
    5,985
    Any recent rumors on the buy out market? We have 5.5 mil that expires soon. I think we also have a vet min or something like that?

  5. #1505
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    14,876
    Quote Originally Posted by kntresistheheat View Post
    Any recent rumors on the buy out market? We have 5.5 mil that expires soon. I think we also have a vet min or something like that?
    Chances are low we spend that or the MLE.

  6. #1506
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    3,212
    What are u guys unrealistic definition of a good game for Winslow? Cuz we all know heís not going to score a lot of points like JJ and TJ can, so letís be fair. What are they?
    [/CENTER]

  7. #1507
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    Winslow, JJ and TJ are a big reason why we are doing so bad. You cannot blame anything on Wade because we were playing like crap before he got here. Of those 3 Winslow is the biggest problem for the fact we give him so much freedom to try and get the offense going and he just plain sucks at it. At least TJ and JJ can have a good game here and there. Winslow just kind of stays consistent with his sucking.
    I actually think JJ has played a little better recently since he returned to a bench role. I think going back and forth between a starting role and a bench role messed with him some plus he probably felt like he needed to do more after signing the big contract. He's clearly better with the 2nd unit. I think he'll get better if they just keep him in that role.

    TJ hasn't looked good since coming back from missing those 5 games with an injury in January. He had a pretty good run in December and January before getting injured though. I'm hoping the time off helps him get right for the stretch run.

  8. #1508
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,000
    Quote Originally Posted by king james View Post
    What are u guys unrealistic definition of a good game for Winslow? Cuz we all know heís not going to score a lot of points like JJ and TJ can, so letís be fair. What are they?
    No he's not the only reason we've been losing games, but you can't sit there and say he hasn't played a big part in it

    You're completely missing the point. Why can't you comprehend that he makes everyone so much worse on offense when he's in the game? How do you explain that we were 8 games above .500 and on the verge of the 3rd seed at one point when he was injured and now we're on the verge of missing the playoffs since we've been giving him consistent minutes? What's your excuse? Dwyane Wade? LOL.
    Last edited by HandsOnTheWheel; 02-21-2018 at 01:10 PM.

  9. #1509
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    23,979
    Quote Originally Posted by king james View Post
    What are u guys unrealistic definition of a good game for Winslow? Cuz we all know heís not going to score a lot of points like JJ and TJ can, so letís be fair. What are they?
    I think a 15/5/5 game from him without going 4/20 would be a good game from him. Problem is thats rare. I would like him more if we didn't give him the ball so much and ask him to facilitate the offense. But for some reason we do.

    But my biggest thing with Winslow is with so many other young players or rookies you see flashes here and there or pretty constant but Winslow we don't see that really at all. I mean when he has a good game its like we won the lottery because he will not have another one again for awhile.

    Again my problem is how we use him in our offense. If he just develops a 3 point shot and plays D and thats all he becomes then I will be totally fine with that.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

  10. #1510
    hotdalton18's Avatar
    hotdalton18 is offline Jags&Heat&Dodgers&Gators
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    14,316

    Roster Speculation Thread XX

    Taking Winslow over Booker will always haunt us lol



    2015-16 DPOY


    Hassan Whiteside

  11. #1511
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    I think a 15/5/5 game from him without going 4/20 would be a good game from him. Problem is thats rare. I would like him more if we didn't give him the ball so much and ask him to facilitate the offense. But for some reason we do.

    But my biggest thing with Winslow is with so many other young players or rookies you see flashes here and there or pretty constant but Winslow we don't see that really at all. I mean when he has a good game its like we won the lottery because he will not have another one again for awhile.

    Again my problem is how we use him in our offense. If he just develops a 3 point shot and plays D and thats all he becomes then I will be totally fine with that.
    This is my thing too. There's really nothing Winslow does that shows me that he has potential or that he's getting better. There are no flashes. I feel like it's a miracle when he actually scores most of the time since he can't shoot and misses so many layups. Honestly, IMO he's regressed from his rookie year. He couldn't shoot then and he still can't shoot now but I don't remember him being this bad in the paint and around the hoop in his rookie year.

    Just look at Bam if you want an example. He seemed very, very raw coming into the season. He didn't get a lot of playing time early on either. Lately he's gotten more time and has earned regular minutes. He's also contributed quite a bit with some really good games and shown flashes of what he can become in the future. There are still some rough points and times when he shows he's a rookie still but there has been definite growth already and his potential can't be denied.
    Last edited by RCarlson85; 02-21-2018 at 03:07 PM.

  12. #1512
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    23,979
    Quote Originally Posted by RCarlson85 View Post
    This is my thing too. There's really nothing Winslow does that shows me that he has potential or that he's getting better. There are no flashes. I feel like it's a miracle when he actually scores most of the time since he can't shoot and misses so many layups. Honestly, IMO he's regressed from his rookie year. He couldn't shoot then and he still can't shoot now but I don't remember him being this bad in the paint and around the hoop in his rookie year.

    Just look at Bam if you want an example. He seemed very, very raw coming into the season. He didn't get a lot of playing time early on either. Lately he's gotten more time and has earned regular minutes. He's also contributed quite a bit with some really good games and shown flashes of what he can become in the future. There are still some rough points and times when he shows he's a rookie still but there has been definite growth already and his potential can't be denied.
    I definitely like what I see from Bam and it makes me think if he keeps it up we will most likely look to move Whiteside with like TJ or Dion in a year or so. Bam is a rookie and I have already seen so many better things from him than Winslow.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

  13. #1513
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    3,212
    Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    No he's not the only reason we've been losing games, but you can't sit there and say he hasn't played a big part in it

    You're completely missing the point. Why can't you comprehend that he makes everyone so much worse on offense when he's in the game? How do you explain that we were 8 games above .500 and on the verge of the 3rd seed at one point when he was injured and now we're on the verge of missing the playoffs since we've been giving him consistent minutes? What's your excuse? Dwyane Wade? LOL.
    You have lost any and I mean any credibility with me. For u to say in the 1st part that heís not the main reason but then come back and say that itís a coincidence that we start losing when he started getting more mins is 1st stupid and 2nd contradicts ur own statement. He is not the reason why we are losing for crying out loud. The team as a whole has been playing bad. For those that arenít bright enough to realize that when I mentioned Wade and Dragic and Spo. they were examples of why we as a team has been losing.

    Iím not trying to say that Winslow hasnít played bad and if we get a chance to trade him to get someone thatís a baller then so be it. Donít let the door knob hit ya where the good Lord split ya. Iím not arguing any of that. Iím arguing a number of people on here is putting more than the fair share of our losing on Winslow. Itís just not true, we have been playing very bad as a team. JJ has lost us a couple of games during this period with all his turnovers and very bad judgement. Dragic has had a few games where he has been straight ghost. Letís not even talk about the roller coaster named Whiteside. I donít want to hear that craziness that heís making it so hard on others and thatís why the team is playing bad cuz no 1 man on that team is affecting the outcome of a game more than Whiteside and Dragic. So blaming Winslow is a cheap excuse as to why weíre having issues. Think about this. If Winslow is as bad as you all say he is. Why is he still on the floor? The trade deadline is over so why still give him minutes? That means that Spo is the real issue then cuz if u have a player that bad that is effecting the whole team so badly why not just cut him.

    I know we are all upset that Winslow hasnít turned out to be what we thought he would be. We look at Booker and see him scoring almost 20 or more than 20 on any given night. Heck I would like Myles Turner right now. Letís stop blaming him and realize we just have a bunch of mediocre players and we play to what we are. We can win 10 straight and we can lose 10 just as easily.
    [/CENTER]

  14. #1514
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    14,876
    Quote Originally Posted by king james View Post
    What are u guys unrealistic definition of a good game for Winslow? Cuz we all know heís not going to score a lot of points like JJ and TJ can, so letís be fair. What are they?
    I always say if a player can put up what he did in college then you're ahead of the game.

    MIN 29.1
    PTS 12.6
    TRB 6.5
    AST 2.1
    FG% 48.6%
    3P% 41.8%
    BLK 0.9
    STL 1.3


    But Winslow will never be this player again. That's not even some unreachable superstar status or anything. This is basically Jae Crowder's last season. Winslow will never even match Crowder level.

  15. #1515
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,000
    Lol yeah I lost credibility...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •