Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 194 of 198 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 2957
    I was thinking of a trade that could net us some draft picks back, unclutter our roster (somewhat) and save some salary:

Something like Olynyk and Ellington to the Sixers for Wilson Chandler (expiring), Furkan Korkmaz (expiring), a 2019 top 20 protected 1st and a second round pick (the Sixers have a bunch of second round picks, most likely they don't add a second round pick in this deal but they have so many left I would try to get one)

It's clear the Sixers need shooters, role players and they have a good amount of draft picks so maybe this is something they do...I just don't know if they want Olynyk and his 2.5 years left on their books since they want to carry over cap space, that could be a deal breaker..but if we're talking about fit around the Sixers "Big 3" then Ellington/Olynyk would be a great fit

For us, it looks like Derrick Jones is taking Olynyk's minutes depending from game to game, like vs Denver Olynyk played 30 min while DJ didn't play at all and tonight Olynyk played 5 min while DJ played 29 min tonight....This isn't anything against Olynyk either, I really like him as a player but I think out of the questionable contracts we have on our cap sheet he's probably one of the easier ones to move as compared to Waiters, TJ, Whiteside

So trading Olynyk gives Bam/DJ more playing time...we get off Olynyk's $13 million next year so that helps with the tax, cap flexibility and we get two draft picks back which we can either use to add more young players to our already solid young core OR we use those picks as sweeteners to dump players like TJ, Whiteside

IDK, this is just a random trade idea I just thought of...Either way when Dragic comes back we're going to have too many guys to play so no matter what I really hope some sort of trade happens

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/post...rade-wish-list

Woj reported Jimmy Butler's original wish list Nets, Knicks, Clippers like I said...then...

....only until Miami engaged Minnesota that's when all of a sudden we sky rocketed up his list of destinations:

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/09/...wish-list.html

So like I said since the Nets, Knicks, Nets have max money slots, maybe even two max money slots if he wants to take someone with him, that it was never a guarantee that he re-signs with us

The risk factor in trading JRich, Olynyk, a 1st rounder and $5 million in cash for Butler doesn't make sense and thank god Pat pulled out:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-heat...204003667.html

If we're talking Kawhi, KD, AD then heck yes the risk is worth the juice but not for someone like Butler
    Miami media reported that Jimmy was on his first list in the original 3 the day he announced he wanted to leave and gave them his list of teams. Woj was wrong for once, happens to every, even beasted. Which obviously makes sense because you don’t go from being outside of his top 3 preferred destinations to his top destination.

Kelly looks like he is about to be out of the rotation, Jimmy is worlds better than JRich, and a late first isn’t bad for Jimmy.

We have got to stop overrating the **** out of our players, we’ve got to be the worst fan base when it comes to this. If all these guys were so damn good we wouldn’t be a fringe playoff team who will get embarrassed in the 1st round like last year.

ON3 LAST DANC3

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    Beal to the Bucks will happen at Feb. the 7th and not before... Jason Smith can't be traded along with another player until that date...

I was thinking of a trade that could net us some draft picks back, unclutter our roster (somewhat) and save some salary:

Something like Olynyk and Ellington to the Sixers for Wilson Chandler (expiring), Furkan Korkmaz (expiring), a 2019 top 20 protected 1st and a second round pick (the Sixers have a bunch of second round picks, most likely they don't add a second round pick in this deal but they have so many left I would try to get one)

It's clear the Sixers need shooters, role players and they have a good amount of draft picks so maybe this is something they do...I just don't know if they want Olynyk and his 2.5 years left on their books since they want to carry over cap space, that could be a deal breaker..but if we're talking about fit around the Sixers "Big 3" then Ellington/Olynyk would be a great fit

For us, it looks like Derrick Jones is taking Olynyk's minutes depending from game to game, like vs Denver Olynyk played 30 min while DJ didn't play at all and tonight Olynyk played 5 min while DJ played 29 min tonight....This isn't anything against Olynyk either, I really like him as a player but I think out of the questionable contracts we have on our cap sheet he's probably one of the easier ones to move as compared to Waiters, TJ, Whiteside

So trading Olynyk gives Bam/DJ more playing time...we get off Olynyk's $13 million next year so that helps with the tax, cap flexibility and we get two draft picks back which we can either use to add more young players to our already solid young core OR we use those picks as sweeteners to dump players like TJ, Whiteside

IDK, this is just a random trade idea I just thought of...Either way when Dragic comes back we're going to have too many guys to play so no matter what I really hope some sort of trade happens
    Trades will defintely happen, way too much clutter for there not to be some moves.

ON3 LAST DANC3

Beal to the Bucks will happen at Feb. the 7th and not before... Jason Smith can't be traded along with another player until that date...

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Miami media reported that Jimmy was on his first list in the original 3 the day he announced he wanted to leave and gave them his list of teams. Woj was wrong for once, happens to every, even beasted. Which obviously makes sense because you don’t go from being outside of his top 3 preferred destinations to his top destination.

Kelly looks like he is about to be out of the rotation, Jimmy is worlds better than JRich, and a late first isn’t bad for Jimmy.

We have got to stop overrating the **** out of our players, we’ve got to be the worst fan base when it comes to this. If all these guys were so damn good we wouldn’t be a fringe playoff team who will get embarrassed in the 1st round like last year.
    It wasn't just Woj it was Shams, yahoo, NBA.com and CBS too...I guess they were all wrong and you right even though you provide no sources:
    https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...r-jimmy-butler

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/09/2...mi-heat-report

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/j...-timberwolves/

Here's even an article saying that Jimmy "changed his heart" and "now" has Miami at the top of his wish list:
    http://www.1500espn.com/news/2018/09...d-destination/

Here's yahoo saying the same thing that Butler "shifted his sights to south Florida":
    https://sports.yahoo.com/jimmy-butle...152223525.html

I haven't seen anything supporting your claims that Miami was always his preferred destination and it wasn't until Miami started to make inquires that "all of a sudden" Miami was at the top of his list

Butler just wanted out of Minny so bad that as soon as he heard Miami was moving on him he said Miami was at the top of the list...but before Miami was pursing Butler he said he would only sign an extension with the Clips, Nets, Knicks...that really doesn't give me any faith that he would've re-signed with us especially since his original wish list teams all have max money

Thank god that trade fell through

It wasn't just Woj it was Shams, yahoo, NBA.com and CBS too...I guess they were all wrong and you right even though you provide no sources:
    https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...r-jimmy-butler

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/09/2...mi-heat-report

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/j...-timberwolves/

Here's even an article saying that Jimmy "changed his heart" and "now" has Miami at the top of his wish list:
    http://www.1500espn.com/news/2018/09...d-destination/

Here's yahoo saying the same thing that Butler "shifted his sights to south Florida":
    https://sports.yahoo.com/jimmy-butle...152223525.html

I haven't seen anything supporting your claims that Miami was always his preferred destination and it wasn't until Miami started to make inquires that "all of a sudden" Miami was at the top of his list

Butler just wanted out of Minny so bad that as soon as he heard Miami was moving on him he said Miami was at the top of the list...but before Miami was pursing Butler he said he would only sign an extension with the Clips, Nets, Knicks...that really doesn't give me any faith that he would've re-signed with us especially since his original wish list teams all have max money

Thank god that trade fell through
    Miami guys and a guy from ESPN reported it the first day. Skolnick was one and they argued to other media that Miami was a preferred destination. Idc enough or have the time to go back and dig it all up.

Thank god it fell through, now we have no shot of being competitive in the playoffs and still no star to attract other players and no one for Wade to pass the torch to.

ON3 LAST DANC3

Listening to The Starters podcast and reading on other outlets that trade deadline will be sort of quite this year due to a lot of buyers but few sellers. Possibly no name bigger than the likes of Bradley Beal will get moved. Miami could possibly be one of the few teams doing a trade. Ellington keeps coming up in trade scenarios for various teams in contention in the West and Waiters to an extent. Heat can get back either one or a combination of draft picks/expiring contracts/players.

Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    Listening to The Starters podcast and reading on other outlets that trade deadline will be sort of quite this year due to a lot of buyers but few sellers. Possibly no name bigger than the likes of Bradley Beal will get moved. Miami could possibly be one of the few teams doing a trade. Ellington keeps coming up in trade scenarios for various teams in contention in the West and Waiters to an extent. Heat can get back either one or a combination of draft picks/expiring contracts/players.
    Wish we could get Beal, I’d shut up about screwing up on Jimmy lol. Probably don’t have enough to get him though. Whiteside and Wall are close and they need a center bad so we could possibly work out something involving him. One of JRich or Winslow would have to go. JRich was better to start the year, Winslow’s been far better lately. JRich is the same age as Beal and Beal wears 3 because of Wade so seems like a good guy to pass the torch to. Wizards have also been better with Beal leading the charge since Wall went down.

He’s under contract for 2 more years after this one making 27M and 28M.

Having the best year of his career averaging 25-5-5-1-1 while shooting the 3 similar to JRich but overall shooting better.

Went toe to toe with Kawhi yesterday and had 43-10-15 in a double OT loss.

He’s averaging 30-5.5-6.5-2.5-1 since Wall went down with injury 9 games ago.

What package would you all offer for Beal?

ON3 LAST DANC3

Dragic Ellington and Whiteside for Dennis Matthews and Jordan. Dragic gets to play with Luka.

ON3 LAST DANC3

Dragic Ellington and Whiteside for Dennis Matthews and Jordan. Dragic gets to play with Luka.
    Mavs say no. They wouldn't want Whiteside clogging the cap this summer.

If Winslow keeps this up we have 2 of the best contracts in the league with him and JRich. It took 3 and a half years but he’s finally better than JRich as we would’ve thought when we drafted them.

ON3 LAST DANC3

ON3 LAST DANC3

No, I think he's been putting in the work on the shot where it's now somewhat consistent. He's always had defense.

To be honest I'd quickly trade Winslow even now.

The only difference is I no longer view his contract as unmoveable. But all it takes is an injury and some complacency for him to become another James Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    No, I think he's been putting in the work on the shot where it's now somewhat consistent. He's always had defense.
    But now we’re seeing great playmaking and efficient scoring since him moving to PG. definitely put in the work on his 3, he’s shooting 38% on 4 attempts per game this season, 41% on 4 attempts since moving to PG where he may be getting some better looks.

16-6-6-2 since his move to PG and has definitely been our best player over that stretch. Hope he continues to build on to that.

ON3 LAST DANC3