Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 224 of 230 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 3443
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Would you guys give up the 13th pick in this draft for getting our 2021 pick back from the Clippers? Let's say LA falls in love with Jaxson Hayes and feels he's the perfect Center to match with the free agents they will be targeting.

Do you think it's better to get our pick back? Or gamble that the pick we give up later is worse than 13th?
    Iíd keep this pick, Jerry West has that team moving in the right direction. It gets questionable though if thatís the year the NBA is going to their format of at least 2 years of college or straight from high school for the draft. If thatís the case give me the 2021 pick but I think that doesnít come into effect until 2022.

ON3 LAST DANC3

R. Johnson#3 Inv3stm3nt Prop3rti3s, LLC. Wh3r3 Champions Ar3 Born!

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Iíd keep this pick, Jerry West has that team moving in the right direction. It gets questionable though if thatís the year the NBA is going to their format of at least 2 years of college or straight from high school for the draft. If thatís the case give me the 2021 pick but I think that doesnít come into effect until 2022.
    My take is that's the year the Heat are planning to have a large share of cap space. Those are the times you need cheap talented players to pair along with that star who will take up max slots.

It's probably better to have a 3rd year player who has developed over the past 2 seasons and showcased his value rather than trying to pair a unknown rookie with them. So you keep the 2019 pick and draft the guy you want unless the plan is to tank.

My take is that's the year the Heat are planning to have a large share of cap space. Those are the times you need cheap talented players to pair along with that star who will take up max slots.

It's probably better to have a 3rd year player who has developed over the past 2 seasons and showcased his value rather than trying to pair a unknown rookie with them. So you keep the 2019 pick and draft the guy you want unless the plan is to tank.
    Yea thatís definitely a good point too, hopefully we can build something before then though lol. Thatís a pretty solid FA class though.

ON3 LAST DANC3

Yea, unless the plan is to tank during the 2020-2021 season then it's probably safer to keep the pick this year

Did you see the Nets/Hawks trade? Nets trade Crabbe & 17th pick & a 2020 lottery protected 1st to Hawks for Taurean Prince and a second rounder

So now the Nets have created cap space to potentially get two max players this summer AND they've upgraded their already appealing young core by adding Prince (unless the Nets trade him to get more cap space)

And the Hawks now have a crap ton of picks the next two years, where by the summer of 2021 they should have two max cap slots open AND an up-and-coming young core to appeal to free agents

The Nets/Hawks both have plans back to title contention, whether they end up getting max free agents isn't the point but putting yourself in position back to title contention is all you can ever ask for...much better than being a first round playoff exit every season

I just wish I knew what our plan was back to title contention because it feels like they've been thinking on the fly post-Lebron instead of investing in a plan back to success

What do you all make of this Gordon Hayward to Heat trade whispers/suggestions?

Unless it's Hayward + 1st for Whiteside I'm not interested.

What do you all make of this Gordon Hayward to Heat trade whispers/suggestions?

Unless it's Hayward + 1st for Whiteside I'm not interested.
    If true I am cool with it...

Boston is either trying to unload Hayward and just focus on there young core, or they are trying to make a big power play move; they trade hayward & fillers, make a big move for AD, but then have the Cap to sign 1 max free agent player, in hopes that will convince AD to stay.

On to how this effects the HEAT.

Hayward was moving good to me in the last month of the season. I would rather Miami get a player like him, instead of players like Mike Conley, Joh Wall...etc

I would want Terry Rozier in the deal as well. I don't know how to calculate the value though, Hayward coming off that crazy injury but looking good near he end of the season & Rozier having to sacrifice his game this pass season, so that affected his stats .

Rozier/ IT
    Beal (if the Wiz are actually trying to trade Beal, have Boston send some late 1st rd picks)
    Hayward/ Djj
    Randlle
    Bam

Players involved in trade... J-Rich, Winslow, Waiters, KO, JJ, Whiteside, Dragic, Miami 2019 1st rd pick & future 1st & 2nd rd picks. Boston sends 2 late first rd picks to the Wiz.

Note: Whiteside & Dragic might opt out and I am sure those Organizations would love that.

Utah might try to get in on this trade, why wouldn't they want Hayward back lol

*Edit Articles

The Boston Celtics donít need to tear down, though. In fact, trading Hayward could make them better if they acquire the right pieces. Of course, the ďright piecesĒ could come in any way, shape or form. Itís all speculative.

But thatís what makes it fun to think about. Blame NBA 2K for spoiling us millennials and giving us a (very) rough idea of what playersí roles will be alongside each other.

Today weíre engaging the Miamiís Heat in a Gordon Hayward trade. What sort of pieces for they have for Aingeís gain? Read on to find out:

https://hardwoodhoudini.com/2019/06/...i-heat-trades/

Q: I like the idea of trading Hassan Whiteside or Goran Dragic to Boston for Gordon Hayward and a late first-round draft pick. Hayward brings some interest to the team, we get a pick and it keeps the 2021 timetable intact. -- Chadwick, Lake Worth.

A: OK, we need to talk. When it comes to potential Goran Dragic and Hassan Whiteside trades, itís apples and orange. Dragic should be able to fetch something of quality in return if a deal can be made with a contender looking for a one-year rental (but nothing close to what you propose from the Celtics). Whiteside, by contrast, likely would require the Heat to add a sweetener to get off his money (with no real need, considering the Heat likely wonít be working with cap space this offseason). Bottom line is it would take more, far more, to get anywhere close to a Gordon Hayward trade.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...2aq-story.html
    Last edited by Dade County; 06-08-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Video about HEAT off season... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic60lsZ6bds

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

If Iím correct trading JJ and Dion for JR and then cutting Jr and Ryan Anderson will free roughly 28-29M giving us 9M in space.

Dragic opting out after will give us 28M (could happen)

Whiteside also opting out would give us 55M (highly unlikely)

Someone correct me if Iím off, I havenít studied the cap and all that in awhile, just did this on the fly with a projected 109M salary cap this summer.

I wish we could make all of that happen. We could potentially get 2 stars and trade for another if that was the case.
    Have you heard if Miami is still aiming to make a trade for jr.smith; so in hopes they can free up major salary cap space?

Of course any HEAT fan would love if Miami could trade two contracts, cut Smith and have him count only 3.9mil agains the cap. And have Dragic & Whiteside opt out (even tho I like both of those players), if not traded.

Just that alone, is nearly two max slots. Pat could take in a step further & try to trade for a B level star first as well.

The value you guys are putting on players like Dragic or Whiteside or Waiters or JJ is laughable. Like the Sun Sentinel replied :

Q: I like the idea of trading Hassan Whiteside or Goran Dragic to Boston for Gordon Hayward and a late first-round draft pick. Hayward brings some interest to the team, we get a pick and it keeps the 2021 timetable intact. -- Chadwick, Lake Worth.

A: OK, we need to talk. When it comes to potential Goran Dragic and Hassan Whiteside trades, itís apples and orange. Dragic should be able to fetch something of quality in return if a deal can be made with a contender looking for a one-year rental (but nothing close to what you propose from the Celtics). Whiteside, by contrast, likely would require the Heat to add a sweetener to get off his money (with no real need, considering the Heat likely wonít be working with cap space this offseason). Bottom line is it would take more, far more, to get anywhere close to a Gordon Hayward trade.

I don't know what's going on lately but the bias towards our own players is nuts. Y'all want to sell Winslow, JRich, Bam on the cheap and are valuing Waiters and Dragic and Whiteside as actual commodities when reality is in most cases we'd need to take on even worse contracts in some form or add draft picks for middling players, certainly not someone of Gordon's value. There will certainly be trades but nothing like the ones you are suggesting. Forget being able to pry away Beal and Hayward. Far too many NBA2K trade proposals.
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    The value you guys are putting on players like Dragic or Whiteside or Waiters or JJ is laughable. Like the Sun Sentinel replied :

I don't know what's going on lately but the bias towards our own players is nuts. Y'all want to sell Winslow, JRich, Bam on the cheap and are valuing Waiters and Dragic and Whiteside as actual commodities when reality is in most cases we'd need to take on even worse contracts in some form or add draft picks for middling players, certainly not someone of Gordon's value. There will certainly be trades but nothing like the ones you are suggesting. Forget being able to pry away Beal and Hayward. Far too many NBA2K trade proposals.
    I agree with you for the most part, but not on Hayward. He wouldnít cost much of anything to get this offseason, if he costs anything at all. Iím sure Boston would like to get off of that contract

Dragic and a 1st for Hayward makes sense for both teams. Would actually need more salary but still.

Celtics get a good Pg to replace Kyrie and Tatum and brown are focal points on offense again.

ON3 LAST DANC3

Asking price for AD is set.

All star player
    Young player with all star potential
    2 first round picks

Can we fit the bill?

Dragic Bam JRich or Winslow and 2 1st?

ON3 LAST DANC3

Asking price for AD is set.

All star player
    Young player with all star potential
    2 first round picks

Can we fit the bill?

Dragic Bam JRich or Winslow and 2 1st?
    lol we all know this by now.

Miami doesn't have enough, thats all. Of course I would want the Pels to take that offer.

But Boston is offering up Brown, & are trying to use their picks to get that Star player for the Pels and still give them two 1st rd picks. Of course Pels want tatum but thats not going to happen.

But I do feel that Miami has a outside chance.

I think we left out the part where the two GMs don't get along. What was it Pat said a few years ago?

"Danny Ainge needs to shut the *bleep* up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner when he was playing, and I know that because I coached against him." -Pat Riley

Oh yeah, I don't think either team will be doing the other a favor.

Quote Originally Posted by AllBall View Post
    I think we left out the part where the two GMs don't get along. What was it Pat said a few years ago?

"Danny Ainge needs to shut the *bleep* up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner when he was playing, and I know that because I coached against him." -Pat Riley

Oh yeah, I don't think either team will be doing the other a favor.
    AD is going to the Lakers. Lakers are playing hardball with Kyle Kuzma but they'll of course give him up so they can pair up LeBron and Davis, why in the world wouldn't they. They're just being smart and trying to give up as little as possible but it'll get done. And the Celtics might actually be involved as a 3rd team, maybe sending a player to Pels while Lakers send them a pick or pick swaps who knows. I think the whole AD thing can be safely ruled out.

And Dragic plus our 13th pick this draft for Hayward would never happen. Ever. Maybe if we included J-Rich the Celtics would take it, maybe. There's no way the Celtics give up an all-star caliber player when they're about to lose Kyrie (who already fired his agent and signed up with Roc Nation just yesterday and will almost surely sign with Brooklyn) and give up Hayward for an aging player like Dragic with one year left and a 13th overall pick. Y'all dreaming per the usual.
    BRUH