Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 213 of 216 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3226
  1. #3181
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    15,120
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    2 bigs that cant shoot? Riley wants Jimmy and hats been made apparent over the last week.
    Yes, Riley wants Jimmy, just as much as Wade is just recruiting him here.

    But any team paying Butler a max is marking their own tombstone. Butler would be great at $24M, not any more than that.

  2. #3182
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,153
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Yes, Riley wants Jimmy, just as much as Wade is just recruiting him here.

    But any team paying Butler a max is marking their own tombstone. Butler would be great at $24M, not any more than that.
    He showed his value today, Sixers get smacked and he was +10 while only sitting 9 minutes, that is a very very fast swing and very high impact. While also locking up the Nets all star PG majority of the game, he ended with 26 points but it took him 25 shots to get it.

    He would be a great addition and be a great first step in building a contender. But like I said Id rather have Beal due to age it would just cost us a lot of the young pieces we already have to get him.

    ON3 LAST DANC3

    Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    Beal to the Bucks will happen at Feb. the 7th and not before... Jason Smith can't be traded along with another player until that date...

  3. #3183
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,153
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    How is DJJ any better a shooter than Randle?

    Also if you're offering a choice of 29 year old Butler at $32M rising to $40M over the next 4 years and Randle at $22M. It's not even a thought.

    I offer Randle a big contract and the chance to be the face of the franchise on a wide open eastern conference. As a young player he can grab a huge chunk of the marketing potential in the south/central Florida sports market with no other franchise face anywhere to be seen on the Heat, Magic, Dolphins, Bucs, Marlins, Rays, Hurricanes, etc. My bets are that's more intriguing than taking Davis' leftovers or money from a team like ATL.
    If we were to get Randle Id want to come up with a package for Beal involving Bam. I like DJJs potential to be an all around very good player on both ends and I think Bam and Randle overlap a lot.

    ON3 LAST DANC3

    Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    Beal to the Bucks will happen at Feb. the 7th and not before... Jason Smith can't be traded along with another player until that date...

  4. #3184
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I feel confident Garland will be gone. Mocks are still saying he's the 2nd best PG in the draft. Too many teams ahead with a PG need.

    Suns, Bulls, Wolves, Hornets, and Grizzlies all have a need at PG, and I'd bet at least 3 draft one. That takes Ja Morant, Darius Garland, and Coby White off the board.

    Miami has a need at PG and need for scoring. Overall they also have a need to shed long term salary. How about combine all 3:

    Trade JJ + #13 to Cleveland for JR Smith (non guaranteed) + #25 + future 2nd.

    Then use #25 to draft Carson Edwards.
    Garland is coming off a meniscus tear which isn't a serious knee injury but I think his stock is totally dependent on his medicals, so there's a chance he slides, also NBAdraft.net has him at 15th for what it's worth, I know ESPN has him like top five

    I actually wouldn't mind that trade since this draft after the first few picks is a total crap shoot, I don't know if Edwards is the player I would want but I like the idea of the trade nonetheless

  5. #3185
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    15,120
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    If we were to get Randle Id want to come up with a package for Beal involving Bam. I like DJJs potential to be an all around very good player on both ends and I think Bam and Randle overlap a lot.
    If you have a problem with spacing with Bam and Randle, then you'll have the same problem with with DJJ. Bam is also a more versatile defender right now and can guard 3-5. DJJ can only guard 2-3.

    I don't want to substitute players from the young core I want to add to it. If you get guys young enough, you don't need to trade, you can afford to wait until 2020 cap space arrives, and it may even allow you flexibility to pull off what Dallas did getting a young disgruntled all-star player while absorbing unwanted contracts (Hardaway, Lee), basically without giving up any true long term assets.

    If you have:

    24 Winslow, Richardson 26, Randle 25, BAM 22, Edwards 22 going into summer 2020 or 21, there is bound to be a good free agent who finds that core attractive, or a good trade to make to absorb a bad salaries.

  6. #3186
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,153
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    If you have a problem with spacing with Bam and Randle, then you'll have the same problem with with DJJ. Bam is also a more versatile defender right now and can guard 3-5. DJJ can only guard 2-3.

    I don't want to substitute players from the young core I want to add to it. If you get guys young enough, you don't need to trade, you can afford to wait until 2020 cap space arrives, and it may even allow you flexibility to pull off what Dallas did getting a young disgruntled all-star player while absorbing unwanted contracts (Hardaway, Lee), basically without giving up any true long term assets.

    If you have:

    24 Winslow, Richardson 26, Randle 25, BAM 22, Edwards 22 going into summer 2020 or 21, there is bound to be a good free agent who finds that core attractive, or a good trade to make to absorb a bad salaries.
    Good point, I think DJJ is definitely part of the future though. He has solid form and think he will improve his shooting a lot this summer.

    2021 is the year for free agency though. Think I saw the only good free agents for 2020 are Lowry and green.

    ON3 LAST DANC3

    Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    Beal to the Bucks will happen at Feb. the 7th and not before... Jason Smith can't be traded along with another player until that date...

  7. #3187
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    15,120
    Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    Garland is coming off a meniscus tear which isn't a serious knee injury but I think his stock is totally dependent on his medicals, so there's a chance he slides, also NBAdraft.net has him at 15th for what it's worth, I know ESPN has him like top five

    I actually wouldn't mind that trade since this draft after the first few picks is a total crap shoot, I don't know if Edwards is the player I would want but I like the idea of the trade nonetheless
    Edwards floor is low because he can shoot. He could be an Eric Gordon just as much as a John Jenkins though.

    Everyone else is such a project it's probably not worth it to get a Kevin Porter Jr.type. Nonetheless I feel there will be no surprise all-star players 5 years from now outside of the top 10.

  8. #3188
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Edwards floor is low because he can shoot. He could be an Eric Gordon just as much as a John Jenkins though.

    Everyone else is such a project it's probably not worth it to get a Kevin Porter Jr.type. Nonetheless I feel there will be no surprise all-star players 5 years from now outside of the top 10.
    There's something about Edwards that reminds me of a non-playmaking version of Shabazz Napier, I obviously could be wrong though

    Honestly if Kevin Porter jr is there at 25 I think we have to draft him, only because he possess the upside that none of the other players at the range would have...I mean the guys 6'6, good athlete and has a fantastic step back three point jumper, he could evolve into our crunch time scorer and be a plus defender

  9. #3189
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,985
    Y'all are crazy to not want to pay Jimmy Butler 30M+ a year. We absolutely need a guy like that on this team. He'd be our closer, he defends, he shoots 3's, he's still in his prime. I mean Chris Paul at 33 signed a 4/160 deal... that means he'd end his deal at 36-37. Now THAT is worrisome. Butler would be ending his deal with us at 33. Talk about great athleticism and defense with Winslow, JRich, Butler, DJJ, Bam. Absolutely agree DJJ needs to shoot 3's all offseason. And we can also play KO more since he gives us more shooting to close out games if needed and he's no BAM on defense but he's not exactly bad either.

    I was against trading JRich and package of picks to get Butler but after this season and seeing Wade's last season go out in flames, I regret that decision. Would be totally fine trading our pick if it meant getting rid of a JJ or Waiters type contract and getting a later draft pick for us to develop and getting us cap space. I just need something to happen. Watching this same team next year but without Wade will be miserable. ugh.
    BRUH

  10. #3190
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    15,120
    Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    Y'all are crazy to not want to pay Jimmy Butler 30M+ a year. We absolutely need a guy like that on this team. He'd be our closer, he defends, he shoots 3's, he's still in his prime. I mean Chris Paul at 33 signed a 4/160 deal... that means he'd end his deal at 36-37. Now THAT is worrisome. Butler would be ending his deal with us at 33. Talk about great athleticism and defense with Winslow, JRich, Butler, DJJ, Bam. Absolutely agree DJJ needs to shoot 3's all offseason. And we can also play KO more since he gives us more shooting to close out games if needed and he's no BAM on defense but he's not exactly bad either.

    I was against trading JRich and package of picks to get Butler but after this season and seeing Wade's last season go out in flames, I regret that decision. Would be totally fine trading our pick if it meant getting rid of a JJ or Waiters type contract and getting a later draft pick for us to develop and getting us cap space. I just need something to happen. Watching this same team next year but without Wade will be miserable. ugh.
    It would be a stupid move to sign Butler at 29 years old... a guy coming off a season where he averaged 18 PPG to $32M+ per season. He's not a #1 volume scorer or primary facilitator. He's just a good piece a B-level star.

    Let's be real for a second, if anyone told us at the beginning of the year that Sixers had Simmons, Reddick, Butler, Tobias, and Embiid every single person would call that the favorite team to come out of the East by a landslide.

    The reason they aren't all that is because everyone knows that Jimmy isn't what he's claimed to be and Harris is a Rudy Gay clone a guy who finds buckets but not a closer or helps the team win per se.

    If Jimmy were this top 10 player people have been saying it should be a full guarantee Sixers make the finals.

  11. #3191
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,153
    The Sixers use Jimmy like hes robert Covington. Hed average 23+ for us on this team as the top dog. Hes elite. They got smacked their first game and he was a +9 or something and dominated. Elite impact from an elite player who is being misused.

    ON3 LAST DANC3

    Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    Beal to the Bucks will happen at Feb. the 7th and not before... Jason Smith can't be traded along with another player until that date...

  12. #3192
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    15,120
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    The Sixers use Jimmy like hes robert Covington. Hed average 23+ for us on this team as the top dog. Hes elite. They got smacked their first game and he was a +9 or something and dominated. Elite impact from an elite player who is being misused.
    Whether we would be using him as a #1 doesn't change the fact Jimmy is clearly not a #1 option on a contender, so he should never be paid as a #1 no matter how desperate Miami is for a star.

    You can't be opposed to Whiteside, TJ and JJ getting overpaid and simultaneously use backwards logic to say it's ok to overpay Jimmy. Butler would be great at $24-25M as a 2nd best player. I've never seen him look unstoppable as a scorer. Tell me I'm wrong...

  13. #3193
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    15,120
    Really what it comes down to is if age wasn't against him I'd still overpay if he was 26-27, but at 29 it makes all the difference. You can't eat up 1/3rd the cap on that guy.

  14. #3194
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    601 BISCAYNE
    Posts
    4,896
    I would be ok with overpaying Jimmy if he were the ONLY overpayed player on the roster. But we have enough of those already, lol.

    BTW, Nets laying a beatdown on the 76ers AGAIN in Philly. lol Oh man, if the 76ers get upset, Jimmy's stock will plummet....we'll start to see that locker room drama rear it's ugly head again if they're down this series.

  15. #3195
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,153
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Whether we would be using him as a #1 doesn't change the fact Jimmy is clearly not a #1 option on a contender, so he should never be paid as a #1 no matter how desperate Miami is for a star.

    You can't be opposed to Whiteside, TJ and JJ getting overpaid and simultaneously use backwards logic to say it's ok to overpay Jimmy. Butler would be great at $24-25M as a 2nd best player. I've never seen him look unstoppable as a scorer. Tell me I'm wrong...
    Yes I can, 1 of them is among the best in the league the others are scrubs. Come on now, thats just terrible logic. Getting Jimmy doesnt have to be the finished product its a piece to the puzzle and a step in the right direction. They run this **** show back next year minus Wade I will barely watch and many other will do the same. People only watched this year because Wade, this team needs a star. Add Jimmy and their a top 4 seed, they jump from 10 to top 4 simply because they finally have the star they need with perfect complementary players. Then you look to add to that.

    ON3 LAST DANC3

    Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    Beal to the Bucks will happen at Feb. the 7th and not before... Jason Smith can't be traded along with another player until that date...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •