Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Abreu is the face of the franchise, he's also a recruiting tool.

Having said that, if you get blown away with an offer then you have to consider it.

Trading him for anything less that a Top 10 spec (MLB) not team plus is a no go.
    Last edited by Muttman73; 07-20-2017 at 11:54 AM.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I don't see any reason to hold on to Abreau at this point....If not at this trade deadline ,then in the off season Hahn should see what he can get for him.
    Because he is the mentor and clubhouse leader for the young kids. Also, hes under contract for a couple more years and his value isnt going to drop off much at all if you want to flip him a year or so from now. He also can still be a key contributor when the Sox are getting close to contention in 2019. Hes a hitter that can at least be a nice DH for 8-10 more years. Unless you are blown away by an offer why get rid of him? Its not like hes blocking any prospect on the cusp of breaking into the league.

The first deal in your sell off I don't really care for. Yeah Frazier's value was minimal and Robertson, but Robertson should have fetched a nice prospect and Kahnle should have fetched a haul on his own. Then taking back Clippard's salary as well. Not sure you guys wouldn't have been better off with Estevan Florial instead of Rutherford. Rutherford has the hype and rank, but Florial has the tools and production.

In other news, Moncada looked really comfortable at the plate. Fell behind in 2 counts and worked his way back into them. His 2 outs were scorched.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    In other news, Moncada looked really comfortable at the plate. Fell behind in 2 counts and worked his way back into them. His 2 outs were scorched.
    I didn't see the game ,but i heard he got a standing O for his walk?

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I didn't see the game ,but i heard he got a standing O for his walk?
    I was at the game. He got a standing O for his at bat. He got cheered for the BB because he was down 0-2 and fought for that BB. I was on the right field line by the foul pole. He scorched one inches from being fair. His 2 outs were extremely hard hit balls. He definitely knows how to hit a baseball...hard

He had a quick turn on a double play as well. Was his only action in the field

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12