Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Celtics are finalizing a deal to send Avery Bradley to the Pistons

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/883323665680547842

Knew Bradley was the most likely to leave but this really hurts.....damn. I'll miss you Avery

Hoping for Stanley Johnson back in this deal with a protected first

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Nope... Sorry but no cheaters allowed... If you are caught cheating you shouldnt be next to guys that have done nothing wrong... Lets put a cheater like brady next to some of the best QBs ever like Young and Montana

He has cheated several times and now lies about it and looks like a scumbag pos
    The Death of PSD.

Edit: Deal is for Marcus Morris

Nope... Sorry but no cheaters allowed... If you are caught cheating you shouldnt be next to guys that have done nothing wrong... Lets put a cheater like brady next to some of the best QBs ever like Young and Montana

The Death of PSD.

I like it. Marcus Morris is serviceable at a position of need. Clears the needed space for Hayward as well. Not a huge win but a solid trade.

City of Champions

Should save teh C's about 3.8 million in salary cap space.
    El Presidente

Marcus will be a nice guy to have off the bench as well and under contract for another 2 years at only 5 million. A nice deal for the C's but it does hurt to lose Avery. I hope this trade does not hinder the development of Tatum and Jaylin but hopefully is provides them both with a a good role model and veteran presence on the Celtics.

Would have been almost impossible to bring back Avery in fall of 2018 he probably was looking at 18-20 millon per year.
    El Presidente

Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    Marcus will be a nice guy to have off the bench as well and under contract for another 2 years at only 5 million. A nice deal for the C's but it does hurt to lose Avery. I hope this trade does not hinder the development of Tatum and Jaylin but hopefully is provides them both with a a good role model and veteran presence on the Celtics.

Would have been almost impossible to bring back Avery in fall of 2018 he probably was looking at 18-20 millon per year.
    Sucks to lose Bradley, mainly just because he's genuinely a good person. But I've been anticipating his loss so it doesn't sting. He was gone next year anyways. Over the next 3-5 years Smart will be a better defender anyways, Bradley has been declining defensively each year. He's still very good, but not as.

City of Champions

I would have preferred to trade Crowder....my guess is that they dont feel they can resign Bradley and IT2 next summer and Crowder is under contract for a respectable/reasonable 7 million compared to Avery who could get 20 million per next summer.
    El Presidente

I hope we flip Marcus Morris to another team now. He is servicable but who starts at SG for C's next year?
    El Presidente

I hope we flip Marcus Morris to another team now. He is servicable but who starts at SG for C's next year?
    Jaylen.

Really enjoyed watching Avery grow as a player over the years. I remember when he came into the league, he couldn't shoot at all. He developed into a decent shooter over time, a testament to his work ethic. Great defensive player too. Wish him the best of luck, as he's a class act in my opinion.

With that said, we couldn't pay him next year. I actually don't mind this trade. Yes, they downgraded in player quality, but Marcus is cost controlled for 2 years versus Avery who is slated to make $20+ next year. I like that they actually got someone who can play a little bit as well (I was expecting complete junk). At least Morris can shoot some 3s and play decent defense.

Jaylen or Smart. I prefer Smart next to Thomas.

City of Champions

Jaylen is not a starting SG. Probably starting Marcus or perhaps we have Crowder play 3 and gordon plays 2.
    El Presidente

Also means we keep Rozier most likely and he'll have an important role as the main backup Point.

I'd prefer jaylen on the bench personally. Let him be the primary scoring option with tatum on the bench and run the show. IT-Gordon-Crowder-Morris-Horford lineup sounds good to me with the Rozier-Jaylen-Tatum-stretch 4-Zizic bench squad

The Death of PSD.

Jaylen is not a starting SG. Probably starting Marcus or perhaps we have Crowder play 3 and gordon plays 2.
    Jaylen Brown doesnt need to be a starting SG. Brad Stevens himself says he doesnt run the traditional 5 positions and breaks it down to 3 positions, ball handlers, wings and bigs.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Jaylen or Smart. I prefer Smart next to Thomas.
    I hope its Jaylen. If Jaylen continues developing he offers you much more as an all around player than smart does. Smarts inability to shoot ruins the offense. Defenders give him all the space in the world and can cheat onto other players because they are willing to let Marcus Smart take any shot he wants. And Marcus takes a lot of them. No way should a guy who is a .358 shooter be taking almost 10 shots a game, but he does.

Everyone pumps up his defense which is great, but at the same time he turns the ball over at a really high rate offensively (pretty much washing out the turnover he causes defensively) and chucks bad shots.

Jaylen is more athletic and is longer. He may not be as good a defender as Smart, but Jaylen is still a plus defender with far better shooting than Smart. Also Jaylen is still vastly improving, where we have seen little to no improvement in Smarts shooting.

Leave smart to man the second unit.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

More I think about it...this trade is setting up another trade....Marcus or Crowder will get dealt!
    El Presidente

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast