Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 769 of 1858 FirstFirst ... 26966971975976776876977077177981986912691769 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,535 of 27859
  1. #11521
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    29,694
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Maybe because it's complete BS?

    https://www.politico.com/story/2015/...omalley-217132

    Democratic presidential candidates on Thursday criticized the Obama administration's plans to begin deporting potentially hundreds of families that arrived in the United States illegally since last year.

    The Washington Post reported Wednesday night that federal immigration officials are preparing raids that would target the families and could begin as soon as January. A spokeswoman for Immigration and Customs Enforcement declined to confirm the plans, nor dispute the details of the Post report.

    The news, arriving on the eve of the holidays, sparked concerns and outrage from Democrats and immigration advocates. They argued that the effort would target largely women and children fleeing violence from Central America, whom critics say should be treated as refugees.


    http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/human-rig...proposal#51295

    Immigration and human rights advocates are expressing outrage over President Obama’s proposal for Congress to speed up deportations of child migrants caught at the U.S. border.

    “This administration is throwing these kids under the bus and returning them to countries where their lives may be at risk,” Wendy Young of Kids In Need of Defense, an advocacy group for unaccompanied minors, told msnbc. “They’re hitting the panic button way too soon.”


    https://www.cnn.com/2012/06/15/polit...ion/index.html

    In an election-year policy change, the Obama administration said Friday it will stop deporting young illegal immigrants who entered the United States as children if they meet certain requirements.

    The shift on the politically volatile issue of immigration policy prompted immediate praise from Latino leaders who have criticized Congress and the White House for inaction, while Republicans reacted with outrage, saying the move amounts to amnesty -- a negative buzz word among conservatives -- and usurps congressional authority.



    Those are from 2015, 2013 and 2012.

    Seriously, stop only listening to your partisan bubble. President Obama was frequently criticized for his immigration policies by liberals and immigration rights advocates. So my only question is: now that you know this for a fact, will you stop repeating this nonsense?

    criticizing Obama then and ignoring it now are 2 different things. tear gas used this past weekend and not only does the media not include that it was done before, many media and left wing celebrities act like this was chemicals weapons that could kill these poor innocent women and children, except most were not even women and children.






    Ivanka speaks..

    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...vate-email-use

    Ivanka Trump: ‘No equivalency’ with Hillary Clinton’s private email use
    Ivanka Trump in a new interview said that there is "no equivalency" between her use of a private email account for government emails in 2017 and Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server while working as secretary of State.

    "All of my emails are stored and preserved. There were no deletions. There is no attempt to hide. There's no equivalency to what my father's spoken about," Trump told ABC News.

    Trump in 2017 used her private account to send hundreds of emails about official business to administration aides, members of the Cabinet and her personal assistants, The Washington Post reported earlier this month.

    Trump has faced heightened criticism over the news, given President Trump's attacks against Clinton over her use as a private email as secretary of State. The president has repeatedly suggested that Clinton should be jailed for doing so.

    Ivanka Trump told ABC News, however, that "there is no restriction of using personal email."

    "In fact, we're instructed that if we receive an email to our personal account that could relate to government work, you simply just forward it to your government account so it can be archived," she added.

    President Trump has defended his daughter and adviser since the story first broke, telling reporters last month that it was "fake news" to draw parallels between her use of a private email and Clinton's.

    "She wasn’t doing anything to hide her emails," the president said. "There was no deleting like Hillary Clinton did. There was no server in the basement like Hillary Clinton had. You were talking about a whole different, you're talking about fake news."
    there really isn't a comparison from what Ivanka did to what Hillary Clinton did. while it was still stupid it wasn't on the level to what Hillary did.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  2. #11522
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,873
    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    Aww nothing to say Brewers?
    Hannity hasn’t released his daily talking points yet.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #11523
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Ooooo you’re a fun one.

    Tell us more sage.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for responding. I'll assume that you have nothing to say but feel like your presence needs to be interjected.

  4. #11524
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,873
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Thanks for responding. I'll assume that you have nothing to say but feel like your presence needs to be interjected.
    Yaaaayyy thanks!

    I was hoping that you could elaborate and provide actual substantiated evidence to your claims that we can't support a universal healthcare system, since it's just a "fairytale" that doesn't exist anywhere....except any developed nation where the citizens demanded that healthcare is a necessity and not a commodity.

  5. #11525
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yaaaayyy thanks!

    I was hoping that you could elaborate and provide actual substantiated evidence to your claims that we can't support a universal healthcare system, since it's just a "fairytale" that doesn't exist anywhere....except any developed nation where the citizens demanded that healthcare is a necessity and not a commodity.
    Oh, so there is a country out there with 300 million people with guaranteed healthcare services? Find me it. I'll be waiting.

  6. #11526
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,916
    EDIT: Delete
    Last edited by valade16; 11-28-2018 at 05:29 PM.

  7. #11527
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,707
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Not sure what the larger context of this conversation is, but the link talks about the legal crossings that happen every day at the border, not illegal immigrants coming into the US via the border. So when you say you want to stop the millions of border crossings each year, do you mean the legal ones? Because that would have a disastrous effect on the local economy for both sides, and I think the US side of the Border (such as San Diego, Yuma, El Paso, etc.) would adamantly be opposed to stopping the legal crossings that happen there daily.
    Apprehensions on the Southwest border peaked in 2000 at 1.64 million and have declined 81.5 percent between the peak in 2000 and 2017.
    There’s no official measure of how many people succeed in illegally crossing the border.

  8. #11528
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,873
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Oh, so there is a country out there with 300 million people with guaranteed healthcare services? Find me it. I'll be waiting.
    Objection, relevance.

  9. #11529
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,916
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Apprehensions on the Southwest border peaked in 2000 at 1.64 million and have declined 81.5 percent between the peak in 2000 and 2017.
    There’s no official measure of how many people succeed in illegally crossing the border.
    But we can get a somewhat accurate depiction of the scope of the problem through apprehension data coupled with census data on illegals in the countries and other means. And they all point to the same conclusion: the number of people illegally crossing the border has dropped drastically and there are believed to be as many people crossing back into Mexico (though I doubt illegally) as are coming from Mexico to the US (though Central American illegal immigrants have risen, but the vast majority of illegal immigrants is from Mexico).

    Either way, it's bizarre that we are spending so much time and energy talking about what a crisis this problem is when the problem itself has been dropping massively for the past 10-15 years. It'd be like talking about the need to keep gas prices from getting out of control as you watch them drop from $3 to $2 to $1.50 per gallon.

  10. #11530
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,873
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The European Union has a combined 500 million inhabitants and every country has socialized medicine, including the ability to be seen at any other EU countries healthcare facilities for free.
    We have 5 times the number of people as the UK and 11 times the number of healthcare workers, in one of the richest nations in the world who is overspending on military by billions of dollars per year.

    No idea what his "resource" argument is based on. When you have more people, you have more workers and resources....kinda how it works in developed wealthy nations. We're not India.....

  11. #11531
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Objection, relevance.
    It's far easier to manage a smaller country than a larger country. You can't expect America to follow a completely different country of doing things just because there has been success elsewhere. We have 300 million people in America. It's impossible to ensure every single one of them will be guaranteed healthcare services. There's just too many people in an unrealistic environment both financially and politically. It would take a massive overhaul of tax laws, budgeting, etc., and I don't see that happening. It'd be much easier if we had 5 million people and just pushed spending into healthcare for a few years but trying to do that in a population with 300 million people when we're already tied into our debt? I don't see that happening.

  12. #11532
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,916
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    We have 5 times the number of people as the UK and 11 times the number of healthcare workers, in one of the richest nations in the world who is overspending on military by billions of dollars per year.

    No idea what his "resource" argument is based on. When you have more people, you have more workers and resources....kinda how it works in developed wealthy nations. We're not India.....
    It is always funny to me when people try to use a cost argument against socialized healthcare saying it'd be too expensive. Like, they do realize that the US healthcare system is by far the most expensive of any developed nation's healthcare?

  13. #11533
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    We have 5 times the number of people as the UK and 11 times the number of healthcare workers, in one of the richest nations in the world who is overspending on military by billions of dollars per year.

    No idea what his "resource" argument is based on. When you have more people, you have more workers and resources....kinda how it works in developed wealthy nations. We're not India.....
    UK is also taxed higher. See, this is why it's far more complex than you assume it to be. You're just trying to generalize healthcare when healthcare spans into a far deeper problem in our country. Our debt-to-GDP ratio is also far higher than that of the UK. Can you explain to me how you plan on convincing people this when we have problems in many facets as it is?

  14. #11534
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It is always funny to me when people try to use a cost argument against socialized healthcare saying it'd be too expensive. Like, they do realize that the US healthcare system is by far the most expensive of any developed nation's healthcare?
    Did we not make an agreement where you and I don't quote each other or is that something you couldn't resist and had to break away from?

  15. #11535
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,916
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Did we not make an agreement where you and I don't quote each other or is that something you couldn't resist and had to break away from?
    That post was not quoting you?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •