Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1769 of 1904 FirstFirst ... 769126916691719175917671768176917701771177918191869 ... LastLast
Results 26,521 to 26,535 of 28554
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    What you are referring to is called anecdotal evidence and it is essentially meaningless. I'm referring to country wide evidence and statistics.

The facts are that only a specific portion of the country can afford to invest in the stock market. And people who aren't able to aren't able not because they're choosing not to take advantage. But because they're choosing which of their regular bills to not pay because they don't make enough money. Someone working the drive thru line at a fast food restaurant facing rent, car loan, insurance, groceries, utilities, and many more doesn't have the spare money to be throwing into the stock market.
    Your evidence is anecdotal as well except I said so where you did not. You need to show me that folks can't afford to be in the market. The fact is that 74% have money for retirement. 74%.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Your evidence is anecdotal as well except I said so where you did not. You need to show me that folks can't afford to be in the market. The fact is that 74% have money for retirement. 74%.
    You are drastically over-estimating the amount of Americans that have money to set aside to retirement. I don't know where you got that 74% from.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

You are drastically over-estimating the amount of Americans that have money to set aside to retirement. I don't know where you got that 74% from.
    Let me share a link:

https://www.businessinsider.com/pers...savings-2019-6

a LARGE number of those people have simply contributed to a 401k or otherwise trending towards having a pension fund available to them......money that won't be available to them without significant penalty until they're as much as 70 yrs old...........not money that's available to them now to invest on their own
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

The market is a great indicator of a strong economy. That folks do not take advantage of that is not the economy's fault. Perhaps it's a better sign of the lack of economic education on those that are not.
    Thanks for the laughs.

The section where 42% have savings not in a retirement account. I wonder how much of that is someone having $5 in their account and they get counted as retirement savings.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    a LARGE number of those people have simply contributed to a 401k or otherwise trending towards having a pension fund available to them......money that won't be available to them without significant penalty until they're as much as 70 yrs old...........not money that's available to them now to invest on their own
    And yet that money is tied to the market.

The section where 42% have savings not in a retirement account. I wonder how much of that is someone having $5 in their account and they get counted as retirement savings.
    Better to think that anecdotally than to say you know what, I had no idea that as the market goes is a great sign of a healthy economy.

Better to think that anecdotally than to say you know what, I had no idea that as the market goes is a great sign of a healthy economy.
    When I look at who owns the stock market, I see that the top 1% own about 70-80%. So when I see that the stock market is doing better, I know that means the top 1% is doing better. This is pretty obvious stuff here. This would be like saying that private island sales have never been better and acting like it indicates anything about the economy as a whole.

And yet that money is tied to the market.
    certainly it's tied....but none of it is remotely liquid and all of it is subject to what happens going forward
    It still means the people ACTUALLY making money on the market in the short run, and therefore benefiting the most from current stock prices...are a small percentage of people, mostly wealthy people.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

When I look at who owns the stock market, I see that the top 1% own about 70-80%. So when I see that the stock market is doing better, I know that means the top 1% is doing better. This is pretty obvious stuff here. This would be like saying that private island sales have never been better and acting like it indicates anything about the economy as a whole.
    Nope it's just over half https://financialpost.com/investing/...tock-ownership

Now you do know you are part of the real 1% right? Not just America, but of the world.

Pretty common stuff as you say

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    certainly it's tied....but none of it is remotely liquid and all of it is subject to what happens going forward
    It still means the people ACTUALLY making money on the market in the short run, and therefore benefiting the most from current stock prices...are a small percentage of people, mostly wealthy people.
    Market dollars are pretty liquid really. I have used over 20% of my retirement funds (10% each time) to handle needs.

I am not speaking of short term. Short term isn't what folks should be looking at IMO.

I am not in for the short term. I keep making money and am ahead of the folks managing the money (most likely the 1%). I am not killing them, but I am about 10% ahead. I'll take that any day of the week.

Considering 40% of Americans don't have $400 dollars in an emergency fund, I doubt your 'fact' that 74% have money for retirement.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Considering 40% of Americans don't have $400 dollars in an emergency fund, I doubt your 'fact' that 74% have money for retirement.
    Argue the fact, not with your opinions. Besides even if you are right emergency funds are not the same as retirement dollars....but you knew that I am sure.
    Last edited by brett05; 11-25-2020 at 04:06 PM.

lol, Brett making some good points.

Still.disagree with the concept of feeding the stock market and then saying well too bad if you aren't invested in it. Govt money shouldn't be used to feed private businesses over general population. General population is the priority of responsibility from govt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train