Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1767 of 1858 FirstFirst ... 76712671667171717571765176617671768176917771817 ... LastLast
Results 26,491 to 26,505 of 27859
  1. #26491
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    105,221

  2. #26492
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,873
    I’m a fan of Trumps “most favored nation” approach to drug prices and appreciate that he’s been willing to break with the GOP on the matter. It scratches the surface of the bigger problem.

    Doesn’t look like it will survive https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/20/u...e=articleShare


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #26493
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    96,528
    If there was any more evidence required that the stock market should never be used as a true measure for the economy, we got it today. It eclipsed 30,000 up from the pandemic low of 19,000. We have not gotten that better for the working people. Their lives are not nearly twice as better nor their economic outlook. They are still barely surviving paycheck to paycheck and making no progress on accumulating wealth or paying down their debt. The economy is a joke right now. But the stock market sores ever higher!

  4. #26494
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,707
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If there was any more evidence required that the stock market should never be used as a true measure for the economy, we got it today. It eclipsed 30,000 up from the pandemic low of 19,000. We have not gotten that better for the working people. Their lives are not nearly twice as better nor their economic outlook. They are still barely surviving paycheck to paycheck and making no progress on accumulating wealth or paying down their debt. The economy is a joke right now. But the stock market sores ever higher!
    Simply a further indication that the pandemic had no significant impact on the “real economy”.

    84% of corporate stock is owned by the wealthiest 10 percent, and I am sure they laughed all the way to the bank when they sold high on insider information at the outset and then bought low later.

    Bottom line: the big boys never truly gave a ratsass about how the pandemic affected small businesses — they are delighted to lose the competition, pathetic as it was to begin with — and meanwhile their political toadies continued throughout to bloviate and lie about how much they care about mom and pop stores.

  5. #26495
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,884
    Have you ever thought about how these people can possibly believe they deserve or have even earned what they have yet still believe they deserve and have earned even more? I mean talk about a 'club' I'd want no part of. IF I were to have ever attained wealth, it wouldn't have been to the detriment of others.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  6. #26496
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    96,528
    Why is the supposed free speech platform Parler suspending people who want Republicans to vote for Trump as a write in during the run off elections? Perdue and Loeffler didn’t bring a victory for Trump in Georgia. Why should Trump bring them one now?

  7. #26497
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,884
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Why is the supposed free speech platform Parler suspending people who want Republicans to vote for Trump as a write in during the run off elections? Perdue and Loeffler didn’t bring a victory for Trump in Georgia. Why should Trump bring them one now?
    that would only help the Dems, yes? so I'd think you'd be all for it
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  8. #26498
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,225
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If there was any more evidence required that the stock market should never be used as a true measure for the economy, we got it today. It eclipsed 30,000 up from the pandemic low of 19,000. We have not gotten that better for the working people. Their lives are not nearly twice as better nor their economic outlook. They are still barely surviving paycheck to paycheck and making no progress on accumulating wealth or paying down their debt. The economy is a joke right now. But the stock market sores ever higher!
    It's been great. My retirement account has recouped all the losses and is up since the pandemic started. I can only hope our next President does not mess things up.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  9. #26499
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,087
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    It's been great. My retirement account has recouped all the losses and is up since the pandemic started. I can only hope our next President does not mess things up.
    Thats what happens when you have a president that believes a good stock market means a good economy. It does not.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  10. #26500
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    96,528
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    It's been great. My retirement account has recouped all the losses and is up since the pandemic started. I can only hope our next President does not mess things up.
    And the 80% or so that doesn't own a single stock, have a retirement account, or anything like that; **** 'em?

    Most of the country doesn't have a retirement account.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  11. #26501
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,052
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    It's been great. My retirement account has recouped all the losses and is up since the pandemic started. I can only hope our next President does not mess things up.
    Well given how bad our current president messed things up on the heels of his already fluffed up economy, we should expect things to level out soon.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  12. #26502
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,052
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Thats what happens when you have a president that believes a good stock market means a good economy. It does not.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    100%

    I learned this over the past 4 years. I'm in construction and imo it is a true measure of an economies health. There's no fluffing actual physical growth and expansion. With this measure, Obama's economy put trumps to shame. Not even close.

    I wouldnt necessarily put that on trump (or obama even), there are many outside factors playing a role.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  13. #26503
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,225
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And the 80% or so that doesn't own a single stock, have a retirement account, or anything like that;...

    Most of the country doesn't have a retirement account.
    Whose fault is that? It's like saying I need to pay health insurance thanks to you smoking.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  14. #26504
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    56,686
    More selfish nonsense?

  15. #26505
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,087
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Whose fault is that? It's like saying I need to pay health insurance thanks to you smoking.
    Oh jeebus. What a statement this is lol.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •