Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1494 of 1655 FirstFirst ... 49499413941444148414921493149414951496150415441594 ... LastLast
Results 22,396 to 22,410 of 24825
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    1. Bump stock ban
    2. Reducing troop presence in Afghanistan

Losing prestige??? What is more prestigious than POTUS? He spends most of his time golfing. He's not giving up jack ****. You're a joke.
    He has lost prestige. As POTUS he has brought the image down somewhat on the world stage. World leaders aren't all that thrilled to interact with him. In fairness, most of that comes from putting US interests first and not kowtowing to other countries.

Some countries have protested their leaders meeting with Donald Trump president. No such problems with Donald Trump president.

And I am always glad I can entertain you. Of course with you, it is not all that hard to do.

Donald Trump's Presidency (Continued)

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Don't know, to be honest with you. He's probably damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

If I were prez, I would not go.
    Fair enough. As a singular event I don’t think it the most thing ever or anything like that. I do think it is monumentally stupid (pun intended) and clearly a bad idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 07-03-2020 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Fair enough. As a singular event I don’t think it the most thing ever or anything like that. I do think it is monumentally stupid (pun intended) and clearly a bad idea

Not to mention absurdly expensive. But the cost of a campaign for a 2nd term president is always absurdly expensive. I guess nothing can be done about that.

Footnote……would Trump have gone there if SD had a dem governor? I'm guessing no (or if he did, the dem governor would come out against the visit.) Way too much politics in this stuff, in everything.

He has lost prestige. As POTUS he has brought the image down somewhat on the world stage. World leaders aren't all that thrilled to interact with him. In fairness, most of that comes from putting US interests first and not kowtowing to other countries.

Some countries have protested their leaders meeting with Donald Trump president. No such problems with Donald Trump president.

And I am always glad I can entertain you. Of course with you, it is not all that hard to do.
    And whose fault is that? I don't think you know what "prestige" means.

For someone who puts U.S. interests first he sure has done a lot to hurt the U.S. to the benefit of hostile regimes such as Russia, China, and Turkey.
    Last edited by Walter_White; 07-03-2020 at 12:45 PM.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

And whose fault is that? I don't think you know what "prestige" means.

For someone who puts U.S. interests first he sure has done a lot to hurt the U.S. to the benefit of hostile regimes such as Russia, China, and Turkey.
    pres·tige | preˈstēZH, preˈstēj |
    noun
    widespread respect and admiration felt for someone or something on the basis of a perception of their achievements or quality

I don't think Trump has all that much prestige on the world stage, nor does he care.

BO had tons of prestige…he gave in a lot and constantly apologized for everything. Who wouldn't like meeting with him.

Bolded…I don't agree with that at all. Trump has put the US first and if they don't like it…so be it. It is how every world leader should be. Granted, a little more polish wouldn't hurt, but Trump is not like that. it is a shortcoming.

Not to mention absurdly expensive. But the cost of a campaign for a 2nd term president is always absurdly expensive. I guess nothing can be done about that.

Footnote……would Trump have gone there if SD had a dem governor? I'm guessing no (or if he did, the dem governor would come out against the visit.) Way too much politics in this stuff, in everything.
    You are footing the bill for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    You are footing the bill for this one.
    No Kidding…as we did for BO, W, Billy, George I, Reagan etc.

It's absurdly expensive. If there was something that could be done about it, I am all for it.

pres·tige | preˈstēZH, preˈstēj |
    noun
    widespread respect and admiration felt for someone or something on the basis of a perception of their achievements or quality

I don't think Trump has all that much prestige on the world stage, nor does he care.

BO had tons of prestige…he gave in a lot and constantly apologized for everything. Who wouldn't like meeting with him.

Bolded…I don't agree with that at all. Trump has put the US first and if they don't like it…so be it. It is how every world leader should be. Granted, a little more polish wouldn't hurt, but Trump is not like that. it is a shortcoming.
    Congrats, you can copy/paste a definition... now maybe educate yourself a bit.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/delusi...rdogan-report/
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by elvisj View Post
    Trump is an unorthodox leader who loves controversies. His policies have favored the American business community in many ways. However, Trump's handling of COVID-19 has greatly dented the president's reputation and trustworthiness. |Political science tutor at homework helper.
    Probably true. But in all fairness, it was/is a situation that was/is unprecedented in modern times and there was probably no solution that would have worked any better than any other idea. Stay closed / open up…probably just as many cases would have been positive. It was/is a no win situation and he happens to be in the driver's seat. He mentioned early on that the "cure" could be worse than the disease and i think he is right about that. I also think the worst is yet to come for the economy.

Congrats, you can copy/paste a definition... now maybe educate yourself a bit.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/delusi...rdogan-report/
    Congrats, you can copy/paste a newspaper article. We're all excited about that.Now maybe educate yourself a bit. Trump could not care less what these world leaders think. And that's part of his problem.

If I were you, I would not vote for the Trumpster in November.

I agree the campaigning is out of control. It’s a bigger part of the job then governing.

I think any Governor should come out against Trump having this kind of event in their state right now regardless of party. It puts politics in front of safety and models the exact behavior the govt should be trying to discourage.

Last edited by ewing; 07-03-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Probably true. But in all fairness, it was/is a situation that was/is unprecedented in modern times and there was probably no solution that would have worked any better than any other idea. Stay closed / open up…probably just as many cases would have been positive. It was/is a no win situation and he happens to be in the driver's seat. He mentioned early on that the "cure" could be worse than the disease and i think he is right about that. I also think the worst is yet to come for the economy.
    Sounds like you are saying no matter what we did we would have the same # of cases. That is clearly not true

Sounds like you are saying no matter what we did we would have the same # of cases. That is clearly not true

I believe that to be the case.

NYC quarantined quickly and had huge numbers. South Korea supposedly had it all figured out and now they have a spike.

No matter what we did we were still going to get huge numbers. I don't really know if anything would have worked and neither do you.It is a highly contagious (but not all that lethal) disease that never happened before. The entire planet is guessing. Every day, different ideas pop up. Is Fauci an expert today or not??? Masks or no masks??? Indoors/outdoors???

It may just be easier to ride the thing out. Not appealing but that may be what it is.

I believe that to be the case.

NYC quarantined quickly and had huge numbers. South Korea supposedly had it all figured out and now they have a spike.

No matter what we did we were still going to get huge numbers. I don't really know if anything would have worked and neither do you.It is a highly contagious (but not all that lethal) disease that never happened before. The entire planet is guessing. Every day, different ideas pop up. Is Fauci an expert today or not??? Masks or no masks??? Indoors/outdoors???

It may just be easier to ride the thing out. Not appealing but that may be what it is.
    He has always been an expert. masks have always been good but they weren’t thought to be a necessity at first and weren’t available for everyone. outdoors has always been better. I think you are purposely confusing the fact that we don’t know everything and can’t control/predict everything with us knowing nothing and having 0 control over outcomes

They expect around 7000 people. Mask are available but not required. Trump won’t wear one and there will be no social distancing measures

Good idea or bad idea?

I would have rather seen masks and social distancing. everyone close together with no masks, sounds like more of a bad idea. but it's their choice to make.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome