Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1470 of 1712 FirstFirst ... 47097013701420146014681469147014711472148015201570 ... LastLast
Results 22,036 to 22,050 of 25672
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I've said it before a million times, I would have been interested in a Trump presidency and how it played out with some discipline. A president running the same policies with a shred of humility and self constraint could win easily. If this idiot loses the 2020 election, it's 100% his fault. It's not the lamestream media's fault. It's not the 'deep state's fault. It's not some foreign interference, or Covid's fault. It's 100% his fault. No matter what anyone says, the presidency, and any leadership position at any level, requires a measure of character. And this complete idiot cancels anything 'good' he does by tweeting, talking and 'fighting back'.

What a waste of 4 years because if anyone could have done the badly systemic change the US needs, it was Trump. He has the GOP by the throat and could literally pass anything he wants because the GOP are gutless and are scared of losing their seats. He may be the only president in our lives who could have made constitutional changes. Such a wasted opportunity.
    No sorry

He is what he is and has been for his whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Anyone out there who doesn't understand what conservatives mean when they talk about the influence of the liberal elites and the harm that it does needs only to read some of your posts.

………… people somehow mystically transmigrating their hopes onto a leaky container that did not have the capacity to hold them

geezus.
    Liberal? Holy crap, you are deluded. Screw liberals. I despise them.

Elite? I may be. At least compared to some....

Trump saying this is stupid. I think he had a different context to what made Liberal media headlines.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Liberal? Holy crap, you are deluded. Screw liberals. I despise them.

Elite? I may be. At least compared to some....
    Elite? I may be.. ??????????? Compared to some ??????

There is no question about it. You are one of the most elitist posters I have ever encountered in reading message boards and news commentary.

People like you never get it. You should audition for a spot on MSNBC's late night line up. There may be an opening if Maddow continues to tank. I'd say you have a real shot as a Joy Reid contributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    No sorry

He is what he is and has been for his whole life.
    As is Biden, As is Hilly, As was BO, As was W, As was Billy. As is everyone.

People who voted for Trump knew what they were getting…a guy with a lousy personality that gets things done.

What they didn't know was the degree that he would be opposed by a hostile media and the vindictiveness of the opposing party. Those two concepts are unreal and have never before been experienced by any president.

What really sticks in the Dems craw is the fact that Hilly was possible the only candidate that they could have nominated that would lose to Trump. But somewhere along the line, the dems made a deal with her and now we have the consequences.

And I still wonder iof she is gone for good. Hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    The thing is there’s no “what if?” With Trump. He was always going to be this. He was always going to be totally awful at the job and cause irreparable damage to the US. We had clear warning. The hypothetical you are considering never had any chance because we were given the opportunity to elect the worst POTUS in history or not and we chose to go with it.
    You’re right but I just mean with the chokehold he has on the GOP during a time where everyone, no matter who you support, knows the system needs a change, it’s a wasted opportunity. For example, the guy has ran the debt up astronomically, even before Covid, and fiscal conservatives didn’t say a thing and fully support him publicly. With that much power, and just a shred of bipartisanship to win over at least some Dems, there could’ve been some big changes.

Instead we’ve all witnessed a complete intentional self sabotage of institutions and public trust in them, not that there was much in the first place. Bannon called it the deconstruction of the bureaucratic state. Except Trump went further and pushes these conspiracy theories that some deep state is intentionally trying to hold him back and are actively working against the public. So instead of just letting parts of the bureaucracy wither and die, he pushes the narrative that they are all actively working against specifically him, and the cult of Trump believes it. That’s insane. And so damaging.

I have no idea how the US rebuilds that trust. It might take a few generations really. A complete waste of four years is an understatement to ‘what could’ve been’.

The Lost Boys of PSD

There is no question about it. You are one of the most elitist posters I have ever encountered in reading message boards and news commentary.

People like you never get it. You should audition for a spot on MSNBC's late night line up. There may be an opening if Maddow continues to tank. I'd say you have a real shot as a Joy Reid contributor.
    Elitist poster is my title and don't you dare try to give it to anyone else. Hillary was right to call out the wide swath of Trump supporters as deplorable. I didn't hear her tell a lie there.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Elitist poster is my title and don't you dare try to give it to anyone else. Hillary was right to call out the wide swath of Trump supporters as deplorable. I didn't hear her tell a lie there.
    You're saying that Trump has a wide swath of supporters that are deplorable?????

Have you watched any of the videos of the protestors, marchers, looters, sign carriers, rock throwers, fire setters, window smashers, spray painters, CHAZ oops CHOP residents etc.???? They have been on TV daily for several weeks.

Have you missed those????? Someone buy this guy a TV.

I'll bet none of them are Trump supporters.

So who has the real "deplorables?"

You have no idea as to what you are talking about.

You're saying that Trump has a wide swath of supporters that are deplorable?????

Have you watched any of the videos of the protestors, marchers, looters, sign carriers, rock throwers, fire setters, window smashers, spray painters, CHAZ oops CHOP residents etc.???? They have been on TV daily for several weeks.

Have you missed those????? Someone buy this guy a TV.

I'll bet none of them are Trump supporters.

So who has the real "deplorables?"

You have no idea as to what you are talking about.
    Every substantial movement in history has violence. Not just the US. It is what it is. History will look fondly on the movement and disregard the violence, as per the usual.

It's definitely getting exaggerated and demonized and linked to protesters when it shouldn't be.

Look at the MLK movement. Everyone has disregarded the violence and its understood the dissenters were nothing more than bigots and pieces of garbage.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

LOLOL, we on the other side think the same about "people like you". Each time that statement is used there should be a warning label saying some insane bs is coming so be prepare. Plus, at least know the audience you are directing your accusations at. He detests Joy Ried, MSNBC, CNN like others on the left. Still confusing a leftist/progressive with a centrist.

Never once have I heard him holding Joyless Ried or Rachel, the Russian is coming, Meadow in high esteem. Just swinging blindly.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-17-2020 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Every substantial movement in history has violence. Not just the US. It is what it is. History will look fondly on the movement and disregard the violence, as per the usual.

It's definitely getting exaggerated and demonized and linked to protesters when it shouldn't be.

Look at the MLK movement. Everyone has disregarded the violence and its understood the dissenters were nothing more than bigots and pieces of garbage.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Would it be nice if we can ask our political figures to change something and they do it without bloodshed/protest/riots? Instead of protecting the status quo and their donor's interest.

Sorry, that might be too revolutionary for a democracy.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-17-2020 at 01:06 PM.

If by elite, you mean brilliant, I agree.

Sorry, dbroncs7807.
    Last edited by Crovash; 06-17-2020 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    If by elite, you mean brilliant, I agree.

Sorry, dbroncs7807.
    Of course Charles Manson thought he was brilliant so I guess you are in some kind of company. Not sure what.

Of course Charles Manson thought he was brilliant so I guess you are in some kind of company. Not sure what.
    He was. He was also evil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

many of the most evil people in history were also brilliant

the earth's equivalent of Darth Vader.....some with 'the force' choose the dark side
    gotta love 'referential' treatment