Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1431 of 1566 FirstFirst ... 43193113311381142114291430143114321433144114811531 ... LastLast
Results 21,451 to 21,465 of 23488
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    What really turned me off was that atrocious healthcare plan that the Dems shoves down our throats..
    That was actually courtesy of the republicans just as much as dems. Dems presented something which had to undergo revision after revision in order to satisfy Republicans. Who's ultimate goal was to have them put out a flop so they could score partisan points.

Same as the left is doing with the fear mongering right now. Make america flop so you score partisan points. Yay!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

McCain was very wishy washy. Playing both sides. The perception of him was far different than his voting record and beliefs.

And I thought Obama had a better second 4 years than first 4. What really turned me off was that atrocious healthcare plan that the Dems shoves down our throats. I also really felt Romney would be good for the economy. He was a ***** though and lost the last debate to Obama and hence the election in a landslide.
    The affordable health care was base on a Mitt Romney health care plan. He even said "Without Romneycare, I don't think we would have Obamacare. So, without Romneycare, a lot of people wouldn't have health insurance"
    Even when Obamacare was being debated the left commented on this. The talking heads at the time marvel how the republicans were dissing a program that was basically similar to a healthcare plan that one of their own had pushed without their objection.

But since Obama pushed it, it was a problem for the republicans and maybe you?

Once again McCain never seems wishy-washy. In what way?

I remember McCain in the middle of Q and A session corrected a woman that said that Obama was a Muslim. Obama was not a Muslim and was a good American he said.

In a mass rally in Ohio, he boldface told the crowd that those good jobs they lost will never come back.

I may detest McCain's policies but I respected his candor. These are the things a wishy-washy person wouldn't do. He was far from being a person lacking in purpose, weak or ineffective. He was the leading republican leader and the only republican of note to stand against Trump and I think he would have beaten Hillary with democrat cross-over as well.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-24-2020 at 12:17 AM.

Trump supporters: you shouldn't mock someone's weight.

Trump supporter (who got retweeted by Trump):

Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Whats wrong with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Whats wrong with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As long as they’re either ok with the jokes going both ways or offended by them both ways, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    The affordable health care was base on a Mitt Romney health care plan. He even said "Without Romneycare, I don't think we would have Obamacare. So, without Romneycare, a lot of people wouldn't have health insurance"
    Even when Obamacare was being debated the left commented on this. The talking heads at the time marvel how the republicans were dissing a program that was basically similar to a healthcare plan that one of their own had pushed without their objection.

But since Obama pushed it, it was a problem for the republicans and maybe you?

Once again McCain never seems wishy-washy. In what way?

I remember McCain in the middle of Q and A session corrected a woman that said that Obama was a Muslim. Obama was not a Muslim and was a good American he said.

In a mass rally in Ohio, he boldface told the crowd that those good jobs they lost will never come back.

I may detest McCain's policies but I respected his candor. These are the things a wishy-washy person wouldn't do. He was far from being a person lacking in purpose, weak or ineffective. He was the leading republican leader and the only republican of note to stand against Trump and I think he would have beaten Hillary with democrat cross-over as well.
    Obamacare was not nearly the same as the legislature signed by Romney. For starters, the legislation Romney signed was changed several times before becoming law and in acted under a new administration. Also, the huge piece missing was the “tax” against businesses.

Of course this theory was pushed by the democrats and that limp noodle Romney could not stand up to it.

McCain was too worried about running a “clean” race than he was to winning. Obviously he can’t call Obama a Muslim but he didn’t have to be so endearing towards him in many different events.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    That was actually courtesy of the republicans just as much as dems. Dems presented something which had to undergo revision after revision in order to satisfy Republicans. Who's ultimate goal was to have them put out a flop so they could score partisan points.

Same as the left is doing with the fear mongering right now. Make america flop so you score partisan points. Yay!

Republicans votes against the bill from the start.

Republicans votes against the bill from the start.
    Yes, and they voted against it knowing that ultimately the dems will be able to push it through, so they figured they'd sabotage it as much as possible in order to score partisan points by making the plan look like a failure.

**** them. That's anti american. That hurts american citizens.

The republicans got together and game planned that their best move regarding health care was to hurt american citizens as bad as possible, and they then actively proceeded with that plan.

Just how the democrats are doing right now. They are maximizing the fear mongering in order to keep the economy as bad as possible for elections. They are trying to get people to oppose any hint of reopening, even tho the whole world has been actively creating amd enacting protocol to set themselves up for slowly reopening.

They are sabotaging america's local economies and small business owners in order to gain votes for election. These are our livelihoods they are playing with. That's anti American. **** them too.

Bunch of ****in losers. Both sides. I'm sure there are good politicians peppered throughout each side, but none have a voice. The voice and the driving force behind both sides are backwards.

The system is set up for failure. The system is broken. Someone get some crazy glue, we gotta glue this **** back together.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    As long as they’re either ok with the jokes going both ways or offended by them both ways, nothing.
    Nah they were outraged when went #presidentplump was trending.

Obamacare was not nearly the same as the legislature signed by Romney. For starters, the legislation Romney signed was changed several times before becoming law and in acted under a new administration. Also, the huge piece missing was the “tax” against businesses.

Of course this theory was pushed by the democrats and that limp noodle Romney could not stand up to it.

McCain was too worried about running a “clean” race than he was to winning. Obviously he can’t call Obama a Muslim but he didn’t have to be so endearing towards him in many different events.
    agree to disagree on the first.

You so disapprove of McCain being soft and running his campaign with integrity that you had to vote for Obama.

"So endearing towards him in many different events" not above lying and twisting reality are you? A republican being endearing toward Obama. OOOOOOOOOk

Ok. I won't bother you anymore about it. If you say you voted for Obama, you voted for Obama.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-24-2020 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    agree to disagree on the first.

You so disapprove of McCain being soft and running his campaign with integrity that you had to vote for Obama?

Ok. I won't bother you anymore about it. If you say you voted for Obama, you voted for Obama.
    I was a McCain supporter in 2000. But he seemed to let that loss in the primaries get to him. He let his feelings be known by his actions in the Senate imo.

Obama was a different candidate in that he was like Teflon (similar to Trump). Nothing sticks to either of them. People came up with plenty of garbage on Obama but he always shook it off. He’s a fantastic speaker. And wasn’t a prototypical “black” candidate. He was simply a good candidate who happened to be black. I thought that was worthy of my vote considering how lackluster McCain was at the time.

I was a McCain supporter in 2000. But he seemed to let that loss in the primaries get to him. He let his feelings be known by his actions in the Senate imo.

Obama was a different candidate in that he was like Teflon (similar to Trump). Nothing sticks to either of them. People came up with plenty of garbage on Obama but he always shook it off. He’s a fantastic speaker. And wasn’t a prototypical “black” candidate. He was simply a good candidate who happened to be black. I thought that was worthy of my vote considering how lackluster McCain was at the time.
    The female candidates should really look at Obama's campaign. I never need to hear from candidates how much of a woman you are, I mentally turn them off immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    The female candidates should really look at Obama's campaign. I never need to hear from candidates how much of a woman you are, I mentally turn them off immediately.
    This is going to sound sexist but I don’t mean it that way....it will always be difficult for women in politics so long as there’s a public speaking aspect to it. When put on a national stage, most voters want to feel safe/secure in the president. Women do not have the same inflection in their voices to give consistent speeches. It’s like play by play in sports. Women tend to screech when they get excited. It’s off putting.

And this is not a men are better than women thing. This is a men have better public speaking voice thing. Women can make fine leaders (presidents) otherwise.

This is going to sound sexist but I don’t mean it that way....it will always be difficult for women in politics so long as there’s a public speaking aspect to it. When put on a national stage, most voters want to feel safe/secure in the president. Women do not have the same inflection in their voices to give consistent speeches. It’s like play by play in sports. Women tend to screech when they get excited. It’s off putting.

And this is not a men are better than women thing. This is a men have better public speaking voice thing. Women can make fine leaders (presidents) otherwise.
    I disagree, though I dont think its sexist. I do think that when they campaign as "women" candidates that plays into what you are saying though. I can tell they are women, I dont need them to remind me.

What garbage did they come up with? A lot of people, at the time, use to talk about how squeaky clean he was. What is a prototypical black candidate? You are still not talking about policies that attract you to him.

Let me help you with your story.

Obama pushed

End the recession and Change The Policies that caused it.
    solve many long term economic problems, like the high cost of health care
    US dependence on foreign oil'
    Close Guantanamo Bay Prison
    Letting Bush-Era Ta Cuts Expire

If these don't fit your narrative I can recite more.