Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1430 of 1576 FirstFirst ... 43093013301380142014281429143014311432144014801530 ... LastLast
Results 21,436 to 21,450 of 23639
    I mean Obama did say he was moderate republican

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    I mean Obama did say he was moderate republican
    From my perspective he was.

Most people realize this and called him Bush-lite

LOL you guys are so detached from reality. Obama said his policies would be considered that of a moderate Republican back in the '80s. Never, EVER take FlakeyFool's word for anything. He posts more false information than anyone on here including Special.

"Most people" definitely did not refer to Obama as "Bush-lite", only on the fringe Bernout wing did that term ever appear.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    LOL you guys are so detached from reality. Obama said his policies would be considered that of a moderate Republican back in the '80s. Never, EVER take FlakeyFool's word for anything. He posts more false information than anyone on here including Special. .
    You might want to get off your adolescent high horse and keep in mind that some of us are well are of the political landscape of the 80ís. We lived it. And, yes, Obama was basically a moderate Republican (read: the GHW Bush from the 1980 primaries).

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    You might want to get off your adolescent high horse and keep in mind that some of us are well are of the political landscape of the 80ís. We lived it. And, yes, Obama was basically a moderate Republican (read: the GHW Bush from the 1980 primaries).
    Moderate Republicans didn't exist during Obama's tenure and certainly don't exist now.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Moderate Republicans didn't exist during Obama's tenure and certainly don't exist now.
    You are wrong.

Get out of your self-imposed twitter bubble and away from your notion that national politics is the only politics.

Take a look at Vermont or Massachusetts ó moderate Republican governors in each now. Rhode Islandís senator during the Obama years was Lincoln Chaffee ó hell, he was even a liberal Republican (certainly more progressive than Obama or Biden).

They may be a rare breed these days, but in my part of the country, they still exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    You are wrong.

Get out of your self-imposed twitter bubble and away from your notion that national politics is the only politics.

Take a look at Vermont or Massachusetts ó moderate Republican governors in each now. Rhode Islandís senator during the Obama years was Lincoln Chaffee ó hell, he was even a liberal Republican (certainly more progressive than Obama or Biden).

They may be a rare breed these days, but in my part of the country, they still exist.
    Yeah you're right. I was talking nationally. I should have qualified that.

Chaffee switched parties before Obama IIRC. He should have switched before the '06 midterms, he could have saved his seat.

-JFK

9. 05-23-2020, 07:27 PM
    Reason
    Insults/Baiting - Rush

10. 05-23-2020, 07:33 PM
    Reason
    Insults/Baiting - Rush

Moderate Republican and Centrist Democrat are the most likely to win (re-)election in this country unless you live in a very specific area of the country.

12. 05-23-2020, 07:42 PM
    Reason
    Insults/Baiting - Rush

Lol indeed.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

14. 05-23-2020, 07:46 PM
    Reason
    Insults/Baiting - Rush

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Why did you vote for Obama in 2008 when he represents an opposing so many of the views that you have expressed?
    Because McCain didnít have an opposing viewpoint. He pretty much lined up with Obama. Obama was a better speaker. McCain was mushy.

It was the same in 2016 and 2020. And actually going back for quite some time, the candidate that is more towards their base, wins the presidency.

Way to prove my point. Maybe one day you'll be right about something. And maybe pigs will fly. lol
    Eek you are quite upset.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Because McCain didnít have an opposing viewpoint. He pretty much lined up with Obama. Obama was a better speaker. McCain was mushy.

It was the same in 2016 and 2020. And actually going back for quite some time, the candidate that is more towards their base, wins the presidency.
    I never consider neo-con, bomb, bomb, Iran McCain as mushy, and Obama was running as a progressive. Was it Obama turning into Bush lite that turn you off?

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I never consider neo-con, bomb, bomb, Iran McCain as mushy, and Obama was running as a progressive. Was it Obama turning into Bush lite that turn you off?
    McCain was very wishy washy. Playing both sides. The perception of him was far different than his voting record and beliefs.

And I thought Obama had a better second 4 years than first 4. What really turned me off was that atrocious healthcare plan that the Dems shoves down our throats. I also really felt Romney would be good for the economy. He was a ***** though and lost the last debate to Obama and hence the election in a landslide.
    Last edited by joeyc77; 05-23-2020 at 11:40 PM.