Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1224 of 1904 FirstFirst ... 224724112411741214122212231224122512261234127413241724 ... LastLast
Results 18,346 to 18,360 of 28554
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Everybody needs a dog to kick. I use to do it to Trump, even though he desires it in spades. Let him get it out of his system and he will move on. I leave special alone because he got me so angry that I was almost banned by the mod. here when I cuss them out for dissing me for my reactions to him in PMs. At least he closed his old thumping ground in Black issues thread. Still don't why they segregated black issues from the general discourse like it was a separate issue from the political thread.
    I'm sorry if I said something that made you angry. that was never an intent.

people should be able to have conversations on topic without deflecting to something else unnecessary.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

people should be able to have conversations on topic without deflecting to something else unnecessary.
    You realize Canadian politics have a direct impact on your life while those to the country south of don't, right? Educate yourself and you won't come across as a joke to the majority of the people on here

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    You realize Canadian politics have a direct impact on your life while those to the country south of don't, right? Educate yourself and you won't come across as a joke to the majority of the people on here
    again, you don't know my history so for you to say this is false. I've already said I live near the border and have friends/family in America.

it's ridiculous that this has been brought up more often lately. this is nothing but a deflection and it's unnecessary. I can't help but to conclude people are tired of losing lately (impeachment/SOTH/ approval) and people are acting out. if I'm wrong then stop bringing up where I'm from, which should be simple to do.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At least they closed his old thumping ground in Black issues thread. Still don't why they segregated black issues from the political forum as if it had no place being discussed here.
    To avoid every single thread turning in to "Special's Judgment of the Black Race (and thoughts on how they could to better)".

You just don't know enough about black issues to converse with a black person as if you do. I wouldn't get knee-deep in a debate with a Native American about the issues concerning him for that reason. I would be more like asking questions to fill out my knowledge on the subject instead of reciting stuff I heard from a third party. I am cool with you, it just I can't converse with you. Too many triggers. In a way, you remind me of myself in the most radical days of my youth. I had to realize that others just aren't as jazzed up about the things I was interested in and I had to tone it down. I lost a few chances to get laid or joining the party mood of my peers at the time. Don't really few bad for it but I could have become a more rounded individual sooner in life.

You just don't know enough about black issues to converse with a black person as if you do. I wouldn't get knee-deep in a debate with a Native American about the issues concerning him for that reason. I would be more like asking questions to fill out my knowledge on the subject instead of reciting stuff I heard from a third party. I am cool with you, it just I can't converse with you. Too many triggers. In a way, you remind me of myself in the most radical days of my youth. I had to realize that others just aren't as jazzed up about the things I was interested in and I had to tone it down. I lost a few chances to get laid or joining the party mood of my peers at the time. Don't really few bad for it but I could have become a more rounded individual sooner in life.
    I don't need to know about an issue to have an opinion on specific incidents, especially when I don't think race played a part. for example some of the police involved shootings I think it's been unfair to conclude they happened because of race. even if race did play a part there were people that weren't victims, like Michael Brown who attacked the police officer.

my issue was never hating on anyone because of their race, I just think race didn't play a role in some of the situations some thought it did.

I know racism is a major issue and something that I will never be able to understand how it impacts people that have to deal with it every day, still in 2020. one of my favorite shows on TV is All American and they recently had an episode where the group all of black except one of the football players was in an ice cream/yogurt shop not doing anything wrong and the owner asked them to leave, and after that the police showed up and harassed them. Olivia the daughter even started a podcast to bring awareness to this type of thing still going on. I think that is great to bring more awareness to this type of thing, I just think it should be real examples, and examples that are wrong should also be identified because they don't help.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Damn if you dare go against Trump, your physical safety will be in danger.

https://www.joemygod.com/2020/02/sch...sN7yain98-s4xk

THIS IS A CULT!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post

THIS IS A CULT!
    Lol. Are you being ****ing serious? la résistance! Antifa?
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 02-10-2020 at 12:37 AM.

I don't need to know about an issue to have an opinion on specific incidents
    You do to have an informed and minimally respected one.

But you have a very strange allergy to that.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Lol. Are you being ****ing serious? la résistance! Antifa?
    Did the guy in charge of CPAC say Romney would be in danger or not?

THIS IS A CULT!
    The link did not work. I have never been to joemygod.com, but something tells me it's not a very reputable source for information.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The link did not work. I have never been to joemygod.com, but something tells me it's not a very reputable source for information.
    The article quotes the head of CPAC saying that he feared for Romney's physical safety if he was invited as a conservative

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    You do to have an informed and minimally respected one.

But you have a very strange allergy to that.
    one has to have a "respected" opinion? no.

one should be informed, sure, and that is what comes from information such as links/stories/evidence. I used Michael Brown as an example, and there was evidence that he first went after the police officer while he was still in the car.

I saw the one link about Romney, but didn't read what the story said. despite Romney voting against Trump on the 1 vote (not the other) he still should never has his safety in danger. criticizing Romney is fine, but he doesn't deserve hate or death threats because of this.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33375255

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...o-black-voters

Democrats should be very afraid of Trump's powerful pitch to black voters
    Democrats have long taken the black vote for granted. So imagine their surprise this week when liberal darling and black pundit Van Jones issued a warning: President Trump is making inroads with black voters.

"What [Trump] was saying to African Americans can be effective," the CNN pundit said. "You may not like it, but he mentioned [historically black colleges and universities]. Our black colleges have been struggling for a long time. A bunch of them have gone under. He threw a lifeline to them in real life in his budget. He talked about criminal justice reforms. He talked about 'opportunity zones.' He talked about school choice."

Jones continued:
    We've got to wake up, folks. There's a whole bubble thing that goes on, saying, 'Well, he said s-hole nations. Therefore, all black people are going to hate him forever.' That ain't necessarily so. And I think what you're going to see him do is say, 'You may not like my rhetoric, but look at my results — look at my record,' to black people. If he narrowcasts that, it's going to be effective.

Trump will never win a majority of the black vote. But he doesn't have to. If he follows through on his current strategy, he has a massive opportunity to win a greater share of it in 2020 than the 5% to 10% that Republicans have received since 2008. If Trump gets even 20% of the black vote in swing states such as Michigan, Florida, and Pennsylvania, then Democrats will simply have no path to victory.

Trump has already developed his three-part pitch to black voters, which was reflected in his State of the Union. First, he's already gotten criminal justice reform done. Second, he will give you a choice of where your children go to school — even if you aren't wealthy. And third, he has brought measurable economic progress to minority communities.

The first prong of this platform came through in Trump’s compelling Super Bowl advertisement, which highlighted the story of Alice Johnson. This grandmother was serving a life sentence for nonviolent drug crimes until Trump commuted her sentence. The commercial touted the president’s passage of the First Step Act, a bipartisan, landmark criminal justice reform bill that took the nation one step closer to a just prison system by focusing on rehabilitation and preventing recidivism.

Criminal justice reform disproportionately benefits black people such as Johnson. It polls extremely well among black voters too. Trump is wise to make this a key part of his pitch, which he echoed in his State of the Union address.

The Trump administration has also promoted school choice initiatives at every turn. These programs, which allow low-income students and their families to escape failing public schools and attend public charter schools or private institutions, are proven to deliver results and, unsurprisingly, poll excellently with minority voters.

Trump's reelection campaign can tout his support for proposals such as Education Secretary Betsy DeVos’s Education Freedom Scholarships. Democrats, in contrast, have turned against all forms of school choice. Most of this year's Democratic presidential candidates even reject charter schools, which President Barack Obama strongly supported during his tenure. This is a great reason why black voters might choose now to jump ship. Support for school choice helped Gov. Ron DeSantis win Florida in 2018 over a black Democrat — in part due to black mothers backing him. It can work for Trump too.

Trump is also rightfully touting record-low unemployment rates for blacks every chance he gets, including during his State of the Union address. The promising figures are a continuation of a longer-term trend, but there’s no doubt the president deserves some credit for the rising economic tide.

To be sure, and as Jones noted in his commentary, Trump has a history of making callous and racially inflammatory remarks. He woefully botched his comments on the 2017 white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, leaving people questioning his honor. But recent months show Trump seemingly learning from those mistakes. He has put together a coherent, compelling pitch to black voters. It could pay off big in 2020.

As Democrats consider their leading options for president — Pete Buttigieg, Bernie Sanders, and other candidates who will struggle more than your average Hillary Clinton (let alone an Obama) to win black voters — they have every reason to worry.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯