Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1330 of 1456 FirstFirst ... 33083012301280132013281329133013311332134013801430 ... LastLast
Results 19,936 to 19,950 of 21829
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Crisis time call for thinking outside the box.

People are dying and nothing seems to be working. Hundreds of doctors around the world have tried this hydro whatever drug and had success. What's the problem with giving it a shot.

Every night if you watch TV some drug is advertised and the last third of the commercial talks of potential side effects (one is the contemplation of suicide) and they still get marketed. Every time I pick up my prescriptions I get a list of potential side effects and they still get to the market. Doctors seem to have no prob prescribing oxycodone and that drug has done huge amounts of damage.

So what's the big deal about this hydro whatever??? Is it because Trump brought it up??? Seems so. If BO mentioned it you would see newscasters with bowls of the drug on their desks like M&Ms and they would be talking about the Nobel Prize for medicine.

Nothing succeeds like success and many doctors are having success with this drug. Why not try it. Every drug has side effects. In crisis times try anything.

Do all your studies after we get thru this. Then you can write all the papers you want. But get thru this.
    I don’t disagree with you. I don’t see why Trump is pushing it so hard. That’s the only weird part to me. I think they did a good job getting a bunch of it and letting the doctors prescribe it off label or whatever. Seems to me like at that point you let the doctors handle it. Certainly not a point of contention for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Because every day you seem to hear reasons not to be trying this drug and, frankly, the reasons seem to be politically motivated. Seems like a good deal of effort went to (and is going to) being sure that Trump does not get credit if this drug works.

And he shouldn't…he only originally passed it off as a comment. Something to think about. Something to consider.

And he probably doesn't care if he gets credit or not. I think he would like to get the country thru this and if the hydro whatever worked he'd be as thrilled as much as anyone else.

That's all I ever said.
    You really think he doesn’t want and won’t look to take credit if it works? He tells everyone that will listen about the one good call he made on this constantly now

Donald Trump's Presidency (Continued)

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    It COULD be effective tho, they can certainly gather data or even have people take it if they're willing.

I dont know the story behind this, it depends how trump said it. If he said this drug will kill coronavirus, then thats stupid. But if he said this drug shows potential to help recover, the theres nothing wrong with that (assuming it did show a potential), and they should probably explore it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    He has said multiple times he thinks it could be a game changer etc. it’s one most nick picky thing people get on him for. The way he has gone about it is just a little weird.

He does come off like he is selling this stuff. Maybe he is just looking for a life line

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You really think he doesn’t want and won’t look to take credit if it works? He tells everyone that will listen about the one good call he made on this constantly now
    Yeah the amount of cognitive dissonance it takes to think Trump will not want to receive credit if the drug works is staggering. Unsurprising, but staggering.

Never said social distancing wasn't working.

No offense but you are one of the most pompous posters in these forums.
    Could have bet $1,000 on this response. Another predictable piece is conservatives Calling people pompous or elitists for stating that a science based factual approach is better than a top of mind gut feeling.

Whatevs. I get it. I sound dickish. Apologies for that, because I do respect you. Sometimes I make assumptions based off other similar minded folks.

OK. So if you're dying and you're not getting any better, you would not try the hydro whatever.

Is that what you are saying????

Really????

Now ask the family if they think you should "give it a shot."
    If a medical professional said “we want to run some clinical trials. Your chances of survival are currently 0%. It’s this or nothing”, ****ing sure.

We aren’t talking about that. We’re talking about people willy nilly taking **** because a tangerine told them to. How about we talk about the person(s) dead from ingesting a form of chloroquine and dying because of Trump and radical media touting its efficacy? A man literally died out of trying to prevent COVID-19 because he listened to our moron President who literally silenced Dr. Fauci from contradicting him in his campaign rally yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    . Maybe he is just looking for a life line

Probably this.

It still could be dangerous tho. Rhetoric carries weight. I strongly believe that the fact that this virus was politicized played a big role in our absent/delayed/inept response back in January.

Real people paid the price for that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Could have bet $1,000 on this response. Another predictable piece is conservatives Calling people pompous or elitists for stating that a science based factual approach is better than a top of mind gut feeling.

Whatevs. I get it. I sound dickish. Apologies for that, because I do respect you. Sometimes I make assumptions based off other similar minded folks.
    Well if you need more indicators of how or why the US is in decline...

Education is elitist and leftist now. Maybe the science deniers will join the Taliban, or even Boko Harem which means "western education is forbidden".

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    If a medical professional said “we want to run some clinical trials. Your chances of survival are currently 0%. It’s this or nothing”, ****ing sure.

We aren’t talking about that. We’re talking about people willy nilly taking **** because a tangerine told them to. How about we talk about the person(s) dead from ingesting a form of chloroquine and dying because of Trump and radical media touting its efficacy? A man literally died out of trying to prevent COVID-19 because he listened to our moron President who literally silenced Dr. Fauci from contradicting him in his campaign rally yesterday.
    They took fish tank cleaner. I can't believe you guys are still pushing this.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    They took fish tank cleaner. I can't believe you guys are still pushing this.
    It’s literally the same logic that morons on the left use to avoid vaccines. And it wouldn’t have happened had Trump said nothing about it.

Give stupid people a platform, and stupid people will follow.

Trump talking at all for anything other than “we’re pulling together this team - here’s their update” is hurting people.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    It’s literally the same logic that morons on the left use to avoid vaccines. And it wouldn’t have happened had Trump said nothing about it.

Give stupid people a platform, and stupid people will follow.

Trump talking at all for anything other than “we’re pulling together this team - here’s their update” is hurting people.
    Trump wasn't the first person to talk about hydroxychloroquine. Doctors who are using it to treat patients have been saying a lot of positive things.

A darwin award couple decided to mix some fish tank cleaner with their mountain dew because they saw it on the label and you guys wanna go hurr durr Trump's rhetoric is literally killing people.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Donald Trump's Presidency (Continued)

Cuomo wants more of that drug sent to NY because he said they’re seeing promising and encouraging results but doctors want more long term time to see.

Last edited by Brewersfan255; 04-06-2020 at 10:54 PM.

I mean it’s shown great results in France and other countries. It’s shown great results in the US. Doctors obviously want more time to determine the long term effects but there’s nothing wrong with giving this to people who are nearing death and have nothing to lose. Doctors should obv have to prescribe it but the fact democratic governors are banning this is so dumb

Heres a rep from MI who had the symptoms for more than two weeks and two hours after taking the drug she was pretty much symptom free and feeling way better

https://amp.freep.com/amp/2955430001...mpression=true

Again there’s evidence that this works. The drug was already approved for other uses. Let people try it and see what happens