Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Trumpís SCOTUS Nominee

Maybe it could be merged with RBG thread but in the event we can split that into RBG conversation again and this on the new pick discussion, here goes....

Report now that Trumps favorite is Amy Coney Barrett. 7th circuit (IL, IN, WI) court of appeals justice who used to work for Scalia.

She hasnít been vetted before which is a bold move considering the right timelines to get this done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so tired of the political games. Unfortunately I see no way it ends or even decreases any time soon.

Maybe if we fixed some fundamental aspects of our election systems we will get more diverse representatives to the point where they can't try to market to us as just 2 groups of us or them.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Maybe it could be merged with RBG thread but in the event we can split that into RBG conversation again and this on the new pick discussion, here goes....

Report now that Trumps favorite is Amy Coney Barrett. 7th circuit (IL, IN, WI) court of appeals justice who used to work for Scalia.

She hasnít been vetted before which is a bold move considering the right timelines to get this done.

What's the difference you'll ***** about it either way.

Could be Lagoa, too.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

https://www.scotusblog.com/2020/09/p...coney-barrett/

Catholic and pro-life, but she also said she doesn't believe those things should determine her choices as a judge.

Her decision history seems to show her to be a fairly dream conservative justice other than maybe not enough judicial activism compared to others.

Mitt Romney: I think that the president has committed acts that warrant his removal from office.

Also Mitt Romney: I think the president should get to continue making life time appointments to the highest court in the land.

Me: You dense mothe****er!
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Mitt Romney: I think that the president has committed acts that warrant his removal from office.

Also Mitt Romney: I think the president should get to continue making life time appointments to the highest court in the land.

Me: You dense mothe****er!
    It's not about reality it's about political expediency.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It's not about reality it's about political expediency.
    Itís not about our salary it all about reality

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

from the other thread..

Youíre kidding right? Sending death threats to dem leaders, doctors who perform abortions, claiming Obama wasnít even a citizen, staging a riot and storming a county clerk office in 2000 to intimidate people recounting votes, making up lies about pedophilia rings to the point where someone showed up at a pizza place with a gun, etc etc

Whining about voter suppression? Honestly, youíre going to tell me that whining about that problem is worse than creating the problem (lest I remind you thereís actual settled court cases and audio of gop reps admitting to these tactics).

Both sides are horrible in this. Debating the degrees of how bad each side is just distracts from the core problem. We are lead by two corrupt parties that profit off our bitter divisions. Cable media profits when they ran the flames. Social media profits when they force engagement and fights.
    when anyone says something like Democrats should start playing dirty, as if they are not already, they are full of ****.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

what do you mean by vetted? she was someone considered before when Kavanaugh was named.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    what do you mean by vetted? she was someone considered before when Kavanaugh was named.
    While true to an extent the level of vetting will get much more complete now.

the shortest it's ever taken to complete this process is 47 days....it's 46 days to election day
    ...the norm is like 72

....however, we also don't know how long it's going to take to know results of the election
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    the shortest it's ever taken to complete this process is 47 days....it's 46 days to election day
    ...the norm is like 72

....however, we also don't know how long it's going to take to know results of the election
    Operation Speedy Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I'm guessing it's either Amy Coney Barrett or Barbara Lagoa. From what I've read they both would be great picks for the SC. I would be shocked if it wasn't either of those two. Though I would put my money on Amy Coney Barrett.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    ...the norm is like 72

So does a delayed result mean the timeframe to put a judge in is also extended?

If so, no doubt this is a top Republican priority...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    So does a delayed result mean the timeframe to put a judge in is also extended?

If so, no doubt this is a top Republican priority...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It means that it will happen regardless of what is said during the confirmation hearing. Trump is seeing absolutely horrendous polling numbers across the country including states that should be a layup. But the Supreme Court is a unifying aspect of the conservative right. Hell even the Lincoln Project backed off to allow a conservative to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg to get replaced.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast