Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1111 of 1154 FirstFirst ... 111611101110611101110911101111111211131121 ... LastLast
Results 16,651 to 16,665 of 17300
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    There's a theory that Mulvaney is trying to get Trump impeached so his buddy from the days in the House Mike Pence could become president.
    Sure why not... crazy times.

There's a theory that Mulvaney is trying to get Trump impeached so his buddy from the days in the House Mike Pence could become president.
    It's over for sure this time!

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    It's over for sure this time!
    Absolutely.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Yeah, he was on record as saying that, doesn't mean that is what Trump wanted. He could have said that to cover Trump's ***. Not to mention the rest of the text where he says "the President just wants to make sure Ukraine is serious about stopping corruption before meeting" is a quid pro quo.

What corruption do you think he was specifically talking about?
    since you put the bold in quotes you're going to have to show me that. google can't find that.

No results found for "the President just wants to make sure Ukraine is serious about stopping corruption before meeting".
    the first article I see is this..

https://www.politico.eu/article/mike...ns-corruption/

It wasn’t political extortion — Donald Trump was actually trying to help Ukraine fight corruption, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Saturday of the July phone call at the center of the U.S. president’s ongoing impeachment scandal.

Speaking on stage at an event in Athens, Pompeo placed the call in the context of normal relations between countries, in which each tries to advance its own national interests. He said nations routinely tell each other, “If you can help me with X, we’ll help you achieve Y.”

In this case, Pompeo said, the U.S. position was not linked to Trump’s personal political agenda but to the U.S. national interest in making sure Ukraine was not corrupt before selling missile systems to Kyiv.

when I heard what Mike Mulvaney said I thought he was going to have to explain what he meant. he clarified what he meant..

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-to-2016-probe

Mulvaney walks back comments tying Ukraine aid to 2016 probe
    White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney said Thursday that the flow of security assistance to Ukraine was not conditioned on Kiev investigating a theory related to 2016 election interference, walking back statements he made earlier in the day.

Mulvaney issued a statement Thursday afternoon accusing the media of “misconstruing” his earlier remarks to the press at the White House “to advance a biased and political witch hunt against President Trump.”

“Let me be clear, there was absolutely no quid pro quo between Ukrainian military aid and any investigation into the 2016 election,” Mulvaney said. “The president never told me to withhold any money until the Ukrainians did anything related to the server.”

Mulvaney insisted the only reason security aid was held up was because the administration was reviewing whether other nations were contributing enough and out of concerns over corruption.

Mulvaney indicated earlier Thursday that the Trump administration had held up almost $400 million in military assistance to Ukraine in part because Trump wanted Kiev to investigate an unproven conspiracy theory about Ukraine’s involvement in the hack of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) server in 2016. The theory diminishes Russia's involvement in the DNC hack. Trump's former homeland security adviser recently called the theory "completely debunked."

“Did [Trump] also mention to me in the past that the corruption related to the DNC server? Absolutely, no question about that. But that was it. That’s why we held up the money,” Mulvaney told reporters at the earlier afternoon briefing.

“The look back to what happened in 2016 certainly was part of the things that he was worried about in corruption with that nation. And that is absolutely appropriate,” Mulvaney continued, suggesting Trump wanted assistance with an ongoing investigation by the Justice Department.

Attorney General William Barr has ordered an inquiry into the FBI's original probe of 2016 Russian interference. Trump's critics view the investigation as an effort by the president to undermine the intelligence community's original finding that Moscow intervened to help him win.

Mulvaney also told reporters that there would be “political influence in foreign policy” and that they needed to “get over it.”

Hours later, Mulvaney reversed course from his earlier remarks, saying the “only reasons we were holding the money was because of concern about lack of support from other nations and concerns over corruption.” He blamed the media for misinterpreting his statements.

“Multiple times during the more-than 30 minute briefing where I took over 25 questions, I referred to President Trump’s interest in rooting out corruption in Ukraine, and ensuring taxpayer dollars are spent responsibly and appropriately,” Mulvaney said in the statement.

Mulvaney noted — as he did during the briefing — that security assistance was eventually released to Ukraine, something he framed as proof that it was not conditioned on Ukraine assisting in investigations related to the 2016 election.

“There was never any connection between the funds and the Ukrainians doing anything with the server - this was made explicitly obvious by the fact that the aid money was delivered without any action on the part of the Ukrainians regarding the server,” Mulvaney continued.

“There never was any condition on the flow of the aid related to the matter of the DNC server.”

Mulvaney’s remarks earlier in the day appeared to undercut Trump’s repeated pronouncements that there was “no quid pro quo” related to his conversations with Ukraine.

Trump encouraged Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on a July 25 phone call to investigate an unproven theory about Kiev’s involvement in the DNC server hack as well as corruption allegations against former Vice President Joe Biden.

Trump and his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani have repeatedly raised corruption allegations against Biden and his son, Hunter, without providing specific evidence of them.

Mulvaney denied repeatedly during the briefing earlier Thursday that the security aid was tied to an effort to investigate the Bidens, something House Democrats are investigating as part of their impeachment inquiry.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-over-n1068256

Acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney on Thursday walked back comments he made earlier in the day suggesting that President Donald Trump held up military aid to Ukraine until it moved to investigate a conspiracy involving the 2016 U.S election.

"There was absolutely no quid pro quo between Ukrainian military aid and any investigation into the 2016 election," he said in a statement contradicting remarks he made during an earlier press briefing.

"The president never told me to withhold any money until the Ukrainians did anything related to the server. The only reasons we were holding the money was because of concern about lack of support from other nations and concerns over corruption," he added.

Speaking with reporters at the White House earlier on Thursday, Mulvaney said part of the reason the aid to Ukraine was held up was because the president had concerns about corruption in Ukraine related to the 2016 election. Mulvaney said the president also has a strong distaste for foreign aid and doesn't like "spending money overseas."

"So the demand for an investigation into the Democrats was part of the reason he ordered to withhold funding to Ukraine?," asked ABC's Jonathan Karl.

"The look back to what happened in 2016 certainly was part of the thing he was worried about in corruption with that nation, and that is absolutely appropriate," Mulvaney said.

Karl pressed Mulvaney, saying, "To be clear: what you just described is a quid pro quo. It is 'funding will not flow unless the investigation into the Democratic server happened, as well.'"

"We do that all the time with foreign policy," Mulvaney responded, adding that the administration had also held up money to three central American countries so that they would change their immigration policies.

"Get over it," he said. "There’s going to be political influence in foreign policy."

aid is sometimes withheld for a reason.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...3a2_story.html

Pentagon withholds $300 million in military aid to Pakistan
    August 3, 2016
    The Pentagon has withheld $300 million in military assistance to Pakistan, U.S. officials said Wednesday, a potential blow to U.S.-Pakistani ties and a sign of ongoing frustration with Islamabad for not acting against militants fueling violence in Afghanistan.

some people would rather ignore the continual support that Trump gets, the thousands and thousands of people that show up for a rally no matter where Trump goes.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    since you put the bold in quotes you're going to have to show me that. google can't find that.

the first article I see is this..
    Here is the text where Sondland says no quid pro quo:

Bill, I believe you are incorrect about President Trump’s intentions. The President has been crystal clear no quid pro quo’s of any kind. The President is trying to evaluate whether Ukraine is truly going to adopt the transparency and reforms that President Zelensky promised during his campaign I suggest we stop the back and forth by text If you still have concerns I recommend you give Lisa Kenna or S a call to discuss them directly. Thanks.

So he says no quid pro quo, but the President is evaluating if Ukraine is serious about adopting transparency and reforms. What specifically do you think he was referring to that the President wants to be more transparent and to have reforms?

Bill, I believe you are incorrect about President Trump’s intentions. The President has been crystal clear no quid pro quo’s of any kind. The President is trying to evaluate whether Ukraine is truly going to adopt the transparency and reforms that President Zelensky promised during his campaign I suggest we stop the back and forth by text If you still have concerns I recommend you give Lisa Kenna or S a call to discuss them directly. Thanks.

So he says no quid pro quo, but the President is evaluating if Ukraine is serious about adopting transparency and reforms. What specifically do you think he was referring to that the President wants to be more transparent and to have reforms?
    Well Mick Mulvaney went out and trashed any idea that there wasn't a quid pro quo, which again isn't legally necessary. The fact is that the aid was legally and legitimately passed by Congress and the President and his staff had a legal obligation to get it to Ukraine.

Trump wants to do everything he can to try to make up evidence that Russia wasn't the ones who attacked our election so he can remove sanctions from them that were also duly passed by both chambers of Congress and Trump himself signed into law.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

The white/MAGA grievance is strong with these ones.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/tru...mpression=true

could be what I made bold in my post.. making sure Ukraine was not corrupt.

The white/MAGA grievance is strong with these ones.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/tru...mpression=true
    it's sad when media has people convinced to hate on white people or that Trump only has white supporters. it must bother people that Trump has supporters that happen to be black.

this is the type of ignorance that influences nutjobs to physically attack random Trump supporters as if they are all racist Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

maybe at some point people will stop believing the left wing media narrative.
    I think there are too many people with severe TDS that it really doesn’t matter any more. And I’m not trying to mock anyone. I mean that there are many who are no longer truly incapable of forming independent thought because they have such a deep hate of trump / trumpism. It’s actually kind of fascinating because trump has adopted many policies that were once part of the democratic platform, such as positions in trade and foreign policy.

I was amazed by the response to this military withdrawal in Syria. If there was ever a chance for bipartisan support for a trump action, it had to be that. But literally every D (and most Rs) voted to condemn trump on that move. And even that surprised me. I’d never thought I’d see AOC, for example, go to the right of trump on foreign policy lol.

The media would probably be best served acknowledging some of the accomplishments of the administration. Otherwise, they just alienate people and push more people towards supporting trump. That’s my opinion anyways.

Donald Trump is tweeting about the greatest witch hunt in history. He ignores the obvious that there were actual witch hunts in the course of our country's history.
    lol, classic idiot trump
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

You guys must be relieved. Trump has control of the middle East oil. All of it

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    You guys must be relieved. Trump has control of the middle East oil. All of it
    Yea now that Turkey was able to get their cheap shot in during the alleged ceasefire, they are back to the ceasefire agreement.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

could be what I made bold in my post.. making sure Ukraine was not corrupt.
    Specifically how?

Thank goodness Trump backed down from his ridiculous plan to host the G7 in his ridiculous Doral property.
    _____

Specifically how?
    By asking them to look into their corrupt past?