Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1202 of 1235 FirstFirst ... 202702110211521192120012011202120312041212 ... LastLast
Results 18,016 to 18,030 of 18515
    This is how Trump is stupid and brings things upon himself. He leaves himself wide open for negative attacks.

First of all, it is common practice for hotels, resorts, restaurants and other business to jack up prices when they can especially when a special event is occurring. Buy flowers on February 14 and the same flowers on March 14 and see if the price changes. Flowers for a wedding are billed at robbery prices. Look at hotel prices in a city that is having a super bowl and compare that same room the month after the super bowl.

This is not uncommon. And it may even be that the room rates for the Repub meeting are cheaper than had they gone somewhere else. Or at least comparable. (Trump will probably say they were cheaper.)

Having said all that…it is just dumb on Trump's part to allow a meeting to be held at one of his properties. It is asking for blow back and apparently he got it.

Dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    This is how Trump is stupid and brings things upon himself. He leaves himself wide open for negative attacks.

First of all, it is common practice for hotels, resorts, restaurants and other business to jack up prices when they can especially when a special event is occurring. Buy flowers on February 14 and the same flowers on March 14 and see if the price changes. Flowers for a wedding are billed at robbery prices. Look at hotel prices in a city that is having a super bowl and compare that same room the month after the super bowl.

This is not uncommon. And it may even be that the room rates for the Repub meeting are cheaper than had they gone somewhere else. Or at least comparable. (Trump will probably say they were cheaper.)

Having said all that…it is just dumb on Trump's part to allow a meeting to be held at one of his properties. It is asking for blow back and apparently he got it.

Dumb.
    He not supposed to run hotels while he is President. He certainly shouldn't be booking gov't events at them and then charging the tax payer. The fact that he jacks the price just shows how arrogant he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He not supposed to run hotels while he is President. He certainly shouldn't be booking gov't events at them and then charging the tax payer. The fact that he jacks the price just shows how arrogant he is.
    And he may not be. All of this possibly/probably came through the hotel's event manager. Or someone in the Repub party.

Bottom line here is that it was stupid for whoever was involved (Trump himself or someone else) to allow it to even happen.

On day one, in January 2017…right after the first impeachment meeting…a sensible president should have said "do nothing with my name on it." Trump is not like that and this is what happens.

Stupid.

And event prices being jacked up happens all the time. That is not the issue.

Dumb.
    The problem is the only reason they are using his hotel specifically is because Trump is making them. If this weren't Trump and a Trump property and they attempted to jack up rates by double if the Government booked there, the government would simply book somewhere else. In this case, they don't have that option.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The problem is the only reason they are using his hotel specifically is because Trump is making them. If this weren't Trump and a Trump property and they attempted to jack up rates by double if the Government booked there, the government would simply book somewhere else. In this case, they don't have that option.
    They would probably book somewhere else and probably for roughly the same price.

I agree that it is a stupid move on Trump's part and he shouldn't have done it.

They would probably book somewhere else and probably for roughly the same price.

I agree that it is a stupid move on Trump's part and he shouldn't have done it.
    when government officials get paid by a private corporation and then give them a gov't contract in return that's called corruption. That's what this is too. Its not stupid. Its corrupt

when government officials get paid by a private corporation and then give them a gov't contract in return that's called corruption. That's what this is too. Its not stupid. Its corrupt
    Bad choice???…absolutely.

Dumb move???… for sure.

Corrupt???…… I dunno.

But here's what you do……

For the present…do nothing.

In November, if Trump wins…you pull this out and impeach him again. That outta do it.

Bad choice???…absolutely.

Dumb move???… for sure.

Corrupt???…… I dunno.

But here's what you do……

For the present…do nothing.

In November, if Trump wins…you pull this out and impeach him again. That outta do it.
    If he wins and continues to be corrupt he should be impeached again

you call others brain washed and believe this?

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...sident-n916221
    Trump has lost $1 billion in personal wealth since running for president

this one says Trump didn't lose "X" amount of wealth, but then goes on to say that he did lose wealth.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewi.../#ba887cf4a2d4
    At a rally on Tuesday, Donald Trump claimed that being president is “probably costing me from 3 to 5 billion” dollars. That’s absurd.

Trump is not losing $3 billion to $5 billion. His income isn’t anywhere near $3 billion. And his net worth has not dropped by $3 billion since he went into politics—let alone $5 billion, which is more than he’s ever been worth. Forbes pegged Trump’s fortune at $4.5 billion in 2015. Today we estimate it to be $3.1 billion, a drop of $1.4 billion.
    But only a sliver of that has to do with politics. Much of the decline is due to deeper reporting, which revealed, for example, that Trump had been lying about the size of his penthouse. Another big chunk is due to market forces. Trump owns commercial space at a time when e-commerce is decimating brick-and-mortar retail, shaving more than $100 million off his fortune. The presidency, we found, accounts for only about $200 million of the $1.4 billion drop in Trump’s net worth.

Trump blamed legal fees for the decline. But that’s not why the presidency is costing him. It’s true that he has faced a handful of lawsuits and investigations into his financial dealings, which have no doubt run up hefty legal bills. However lawyer’s fees are in the range of a few million dollars—not billions. Instead, it’s Trump mixture of divisive politics and a business built around his own persona that have proved to be a net loser for him so far. In further polarizing the country, he has also further polarized his business.

That’s led to big losses in key areas. Trump National Doral, the president’s largest golf property, has historically drawn much of its clientele from parts of the country where Trump is unpopular. The resort has seen a steep drop in business since Trump went into politics. The Trump Organization’s traditional wheelhouse of luxury rental residential real estate is suffering too, since much of it sits in blue cities like New York and Chicago. And the president’s brand licensing businesses have basically flatlined. A handful of licensees have struck the Trump name from their properties. Meanwhile companies that paid to put the Trump brand on their products, including Macy’s and Serta, fled during Trump’s campaign. No one has stepped in to fill the void, dropping the value of that business close to zero.

“This thing is costing me a fortune,” Trump said on Tuesday. Fair enough, but in typical Trump fashion, he’s exaggerating the numbers.
    Trump's wealth has been impacted by people that hate him.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...sident-n916221

this one says Trump didn't lose "X" amount of wealth, but then goes on to say that he did lose wealth.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewi.../#ba887cf4a2d4

Trump's wealth has been impacted by people that hate him.
    This might be the dumbest thing you believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he wins and continues to be corrupt he should be impeached again
    And again and again and again.

We don't need no stinkin' government.

Impeach, impeach, impeach.

And again and again and again.

We don't need no stinkin' government.

Impeach, impeach, impeach.
    If he beats the wrap and keeps breaking the law sure. That’s how it works Sluggo

If he beats the wrap and keeps breaking the law sure. That’s how it works Sluggo

Shady, vague, nebulous dealings at high levels…gee, I bet that never happened before.

See, here's the real problem…

The dems are weaponizing impeachment and it will come back to bite them in the *** someday. This stuff that Trump is accused of goes on all the time at that level. (Remember the "tell Vlad………" line) What Hilly did with destroying the drives was far worse.

Emoluements…The Clintons were broke when the left the WH. Look at them now. The BOs were community organizers, now they have a $10 million vacation house on the Vinyard. Add in some super TV deal that's pn the way. Do you think these "arrangements" weren't discussed while they were in the WH? If you do, you are very naive.

There are two points to be made here……

1. Trump does not doe these things very well. And

2. The Dems are positively obsessed with "getting him."

The second point is the more important one. I don't care who you are, (your teachers, your parents, your minister, yourself) there is something in your background that could be exposed and, with proper handling (which the dems are good at) made into a huge negative against you. Even if it is no big deal. This is why no one likes to have their tax returns looked at. Trump has plenty of things to jump on.

e.g. I worked at a bank for a long time and rose to the executive level. When it was time to buy a house, I got a preferred rate, no closing costs, a few words to the builder, AC problem solved, upgrades taken care of, and everything was expedited. Fair? I dunno. But the wrong person gets that info and they can spin it a dozen ways.

Trump is a gold mine for all this kind of stuff¬stuff that happens al the time.

Shady, vague, nebulous dealings at high levels…gee, I bet that never happened before.

The dems are weaponizing impeachment and it will come back to bite them in the *** someday. This stuff that Trump is accused of goes on all the time at that level. (Remember the "tell Vlad………" line) What Hilly did with destroying the drives was far worse.

Emoluements…The Clintons were broke when the left the WH. Look at them now. The BOs were community organizers, now they have a $10 million vacation house on the Vinyard. Add in some super TV deal that's pn the way. Do you think these "arrangements" weren't discussed while they were in the WH? If you do, you are very naive.

The second point is the more important one. I don't care who you are, (your teachers, your parents, your minister, yourself) there is something in your background that could be exposed and, with proper handling (which the dems are good at) made into a huge negative against you. Even if it is no big deal. This is why no one likes to have their tax returns looked at. Trump has plenty of things to jump on.

e.g. I worked at a bank for a long time and rose to the executive level. When it was time to buy a house, I got a preferred rate, no closing costs, a few words to the builder, AC problem solved, upgrades taken care of, and everything was expedited. Fair? I dunno. But the wrong person gets that info and they can spin it a dozen ways.

By Trump does not do these things very well you actually are saying Trump does not hide his corruption well, correct?

So you are admitting he is openly corrupt but justifying it with "but the dems wanna get him!".

I have no doubt plenty of people go over the top in trying to "get him" but that doesn't mean you ignore obvious corruption either just because of some dems obsession. Those going to extremes with double standards against Trump are not good either but that doesn't just excuse the many obviously bad/corrupt things from Trump either.

Donald Trump's Presidency (Continued)

Just bc you and Trump are something thing, Doesn’t make it right, the norm, or acceptable

Last edited by ewing; 01-24-2020 at 09:51 PM.