Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1859 of 1904 FirstFirst ... 8591359175918091849185718581859186018611869 ... LastLast
Results 27,871 to 27,885 of 28554
  1. #27871
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    How about when people on the left stormed the capital in WI and broke down barriers and were sleeping overnight all over a bill? Media was praising these people though
    Were the circumstances the same for that incident or are you just trying to equivocate anything you can think of to downplay January 6th?

    I noticed in all your examples you forgot the time that armed people entered the Michigan statehouse to protest covid lockdowns. Was there a reason you omitted that incident?

  2. #27872
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    How about when people on the left stormed the capital in WI and broke down barriers and were sleeping overnight all over a bill? Media was praising these people though


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok...but do go on with the lies.

    https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...ge/6584619002/
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  3. #27873
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    How about when people on the left stormed the capital in WI and broke down barriers and were sleeping overnight all over a bill? Media was praising these people though


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can you provide the links of the individual that pushed everyone to do this from their platform with months of lies and deception? Then you have calling politicians asking for help to overturn the real results? Then you have specifically calling a rally near the capital at the time it's taking place and telling them to fight like hell to stop them from stealing the election (so again lying to get people riled up ready for action and even calling for action within) then telling them to march down there to do so? Can you link the results of said violent mob and the shooting like we saw with all the violence and fighting even leading to multiple deaths?

    I don't think anyone is overly against people of this country protesting or even taking semi aggressive steps when needed against poor government actions. The idea of making up an absurd lie, trying to get it pushed by friends in government using your position of power, then when that doesn't work calling for a rally/large crowd then riling them up to go and fight like hell to stop the made up lie from happening is very different though and we haven't gotten into the issues of the response (or lack of one) once it was taking place either or what he had said to those at the time asking about help due to situation he incited (probably because he incited it, he didn't necessarily want it stopped right away this was the plan).
    Last edited by mngopher35; 02-27-2021 at 02:10 PM.

  4. #27874
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,858
    This could also go under the Biden Presidency thread, but I figured since it was the Trump Administration that sat on the intel, it seems appropriate to place it here.

    Although they have known for a while, it has come to light only recently that US intelligence sources believe very strongly that Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia approved the plan to execute Washington Post journalist (and US citizen) Jamal Khashoggi in 2018.

    While the news itself comes as no surprise — no more than, say, Putin’s ordering the attempted execution of Alexei Navalni — it is even less of a surprise that Trump suppressed it.

  5. #27875
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    There was protests all over the country the day after Trump won saying “not my president” “election was rigged” throwing things at Trump tower. Beating Trump supporters. Then there was several republicans who were shot at because of a Bernie supporter

    But let’s freak out when several hundred out of millions of Trump voters go into the capital!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ad0rbz

  6. #27876
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,781
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Can you provide the links of the individual that pushed everyone to do this from their platform with months of lies and deception? Then you have calling politicians asking for help to overturn the real results? Then you have specifically calling a rally near the capital at the time it's taking place and telling them to fight like hell to stop them from stealing the election (so again lying to get people riled up ready for action and even calling for action within) then telling them to march down there to do so? Can you link the results of said violent mob and the shooting like we saw with all the violence and fighting even leading to multiple deaths?

    I don't think anyone is overly against people of this country protesting or even taking semi aggressive steps when needed against poor government actions. The idea of making up an absurd lie, trying to get it pushed by friends in government using your position of power, then when that doesn't work calling for a rally/large crowd then riling them up to go and fight like hell to stop the made up lie from happening is very different though and we haven't gotten into the issues of the response (or lack of one) once it was taking place either or what he had said to those at the time asking about help due to situation he incited (probably because he incited it, he didn't necessarily want it stopped right away this was the plan).
    People were bused in from all over the country from unions to protest and try to stop the act from passing. Trump said to go to the capital and protest. These unions bussed people in and told them to protest in the capital.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #27877
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    People were bused in from all over the country from unions to protest and try to stop the act from passing. Trump said to go to the capital and protest. These unions bussed people in and told them to protest in the capital.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well considering the specific bill being protested that would seem to make sense who would have interest/be affected. As I noted most people are not against people protesting in general so depending on the topic it will differ. It's the overall approach that matters and while not perfect by any means nor something that necessarily should be pushed for the situations are far different with different reasonings. They were protesting something real that was being implemented by the government that would have an impact on many people. They were not nearly as chaotic/violent and if you are disputing the differences in approach then please provide the links like I mentioned.

    Trump made up a fake reason he lost the election and spent two months telling lies and riling up his base around these ideas despite no evidence and constantly losing in court when trying to present any but done to continue the illusion he had been creating for said base that something was wrong. He was caught asking help in finding votes etc. from other officials as well, anything to try and keep this lie going. When nothing was working and no evidence to even make a half reasonable real case was found despite all the effort/time/money wasted doing so and creating the narrative, he specifically called a rally near the capital at the time it was happening. He then told people to go fight like hell to stop them from counting the votes at the capital due to this narrative, the claim being that Joe Biden is not really the elected POTUS that Trump himself is again is the main idea being protested. Now Trump also has a special position of authority here as well. So once this unfolds and they need help securing a much more violent mob the president just spent months helping create Trump then says things like "I guess people are more upset..." or whatever and they don't provide help needed until too late (with people dying and many injuries).

    Consider the difference in a bunch of people being affected by a bill government is passing that will likely cut benefits for teachers etc. to the latter. Now again please provide the links that show the similarities to what Trump did inciting his base/follwers in this way on lies/deception and the violence that ensued. Again the idea isn't all protesting should be canceled. The issue is the entire situation and how it played out you can't just focus on one detail being similar. To make this point even more clear if what happened at the capital on January 6th was because the government implemented a rule all people over 6ft tall would be executed on site, I also don't think many people would have an issue with fighting extremely hard back if that is the reason why lol. The context matters.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 02-27-2021 at 03:25 PM.

  8. #27878
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,781
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Well considering the specific bill being protested that would seem to make sense who would have interest/be affected. As I noted most people are not against people protesting in general so depending on the topic it will differ. It's the overall approach that matters and while not perfect by any means nor something that necessarily should be pushed for the situations are far different with different reasonings. They were protesting something real that was being implemented by the government that would have an impact on many people. They were not nearly as chaotic/violent and if you are disputing the differences in approach then please provide the links like I mentioned.

    Trump made up a fake reason he lost the election and spent two months telling lies and riling up his base around these ideas despite no evidence and constantly losing in court when trying to present any but done to continue the illusion he had been creating for said base that something was wrong. He was caught asking help in finding votes etc. from other officials as well, anything to try and keep this lie going. When nothing was working and no evidence to even make a half reasonable real case was found despite all the effort/time/money wasted doing so and creating the narrative, he specifically called a rally near the capital at the time it was happening. He then told people to go fight like hell to stop them from counting the votes at the capital due to this narrative, the claim being that Joe Biden is not really the elected POTUS that Trump himself is again is the main idea being protested. Now Trump also has a special position of authority here as well. So once this unfolds and they need help securing a much more violent mob the president just spent months helping create Trump then says things like "I guess people are more upset..." or whatever and they don't provide help needed until too late (with people dying and many injuries).

    Consider the difference in a bunch of people being affected by a bill government is passing that will likely cut benefits for teachers etc. to the latter. Now again please provide the links that show the similarities to what Trump did inciting his base/follwers in this way on lies/deception and the violence that ensued. Again the idea isn't all protesting should be canceled. The issue is the entire situation and how it played out you can't just focus on one detail being similar. To make this point even more clear if what happened at the capital on January 6th was because the government implemented a rule all people over 6ft tall would be executed on site, I also don't think many people would have an issue with fighting extremely hard back if that is the reason why lol. The context matters.
    So the actions of a few mattered more in this situation. Many did peacefully protest without causing any issue. A few stormed the capital. I don’t recall you nor any other democrat call for the arrest of Bernie Sanders when one of his supporters tried shooting and killing 5 gop members who loyally followed him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #27879
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,032
    ^^lol [emoji23][emoji23]

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  10. #27880
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    So the actions of a few mattered more in this situation. Many did peacefully protest without causing any issue. A few stormed the capital. I don’t recall you nor any other democrat call for the arrest of Bernie Sanders when one of his supporters tried shooting and killing 5 gop members who loyally followed him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did Bernie Sanders hold a rally the day of the softball match and tell his supporters to fight and stop those Representatives and then direct them to the softball field?

  11. #27881
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    So the actions of a few mattered more in this situation. Many did peacefully protest without causing any issue. A few stormed the capital. I don’t recall you nor any other democrat call for the arrest of Bernie Sanders when one of his supporters tried shooting and killing 5 gop members who loyally followed him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I never said anything about the few that were peacefully protesting, other than they were manipulated by the lies/narrative Trump had been spewing.

    Again can you provide links of Bernie doing all of the above?

    The issue is you aren't making a comparison within context you are just saying "both sides" and giving an example of a completely different situation. You need to provide actual proof of anyone inciting their base in this way over lies/things he made up just to try and keep the position of POTUS. You are using the approach of a Bernie follower doing something bad to attack him/rest of followers, it's no different than the all republicans are racist look at this one example. You need to stop viewing it as an extreme partisan extreme game and actually look at the context/obvious difference of every scenario you have brought up (this is why you haven't ever stuck with one when asked to provide links of people doing the same things, no one has it is ONLY Trump that did anything like that).

  12. #27882
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    55,447

    Donald Trump's Presidency (Continued)

    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Did Bernie Sanders hold a rally the day of the softball match and tell his supporters to fight and stop those Representatives and then direct them to the softball field?
    I think Brewers knows he is being redic. he supports those that stormed the capital so any excuse is a good excuse


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #27883
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57,757
    It's all just a mindless game of "what about" for some people.

  14. #27884
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    13,561
    In another year, these guys will have convinced themselves that it was the Bernie Bros who raided the Capitol Building with the backing of the BLM and Clinton's child sex ring.

    And of course, steal the vote.

    Damn liberals
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

    Martin Luther King.

  15. #27885
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    30,277
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You seem to think that the interference from Russia was one singular event. That just because Kushner may have excused himself from this meeting, that there wasn't other instances of Trump officials meeting with Russian intelligence officers.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Links_...sian_officials


    No Hillary's actions are not comparable. It doesn't matter how many times you say it. They're not. Hillary held a concession speech, Trump to this day has not. We know all the actions Trump has furthered to get this election overturned and his constant talk about how it he won "by a lot". It doesn't change the fact that there is more evidence to Russian collusion and interference in 2016 than there is to 2020 and Trump's claim of massive voter fraud.

    Hillary's actions after conceding contradict that. the similarities are there. people including media saying the election was stolen, saying Trump cheated, calling Trump illegitimate. Democrats refusing to accept the electoral collage, refusing to attend the Inauguration. Democrats/media/people continuing this narrative YEARS into Trump's presidency. one side completely believed (and still do) that Trump did not really win in 2016, which is what allowed a trending hashtag on the twitter #NotMyPresident. same type of gullible people that believed Joe Biden didn't win either, and after the 2016 election it went on much longer than the right to date.

    but no comparison, apparently, keep denying.


    you seem to think interference and collusion are the same thing. they're not.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •