Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1160 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 160660106011101150115811591160116111621170 ... LastLast
Results 17,386 to 17,400 of 18036
    Why is the administration working to add Russia back to the G7 and undermine the clear international consensus that Russia hacked the DNC and intervened in our election?
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Maybe this needs its own thread but I could not find one, and since the president touts the employment statistics as his doing, I thought I’d put it here.

My state (Connecticut) released employment figures yesterday, citing that employment during the so-called recovery is highly skewed to low-paying venues:

As of September, the state has recovered 88% of the jobs lost as a result of the 2007/2008 meltdown.

Of the 54,300 jobs lost in high-wage industries (management, finance and insurance, professional, science and technical services, and munufacturing), the state recovered only 8,900.

Of the 39,400 jobs lost in lower-wage industries (administrative and support services, waste services, retail, hotel and accommodations, and food services) the state recovered 49,300.

As a result the statewide wage increases average to 1.9% annually (vs. 4.4% before the recession). As one state administrator noted, “The effect on state revenue is obvious.”

I wonder if other states saw a similar downturn in the level of employment.
    Last edited by Crovash; 12-06-2019 at 07:28 AM.

The Pensacola Naval shooter was a member of the Saudi military.

Well, that certainly is a whole confluence of things ain't it?

Wouldn't have ever guessed that though. Usually Saudi military bullets fail to hit anything except nearby daycare centers and hospitals.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Maybe this needs its own thread but I could not find one, and since the president touts the employment statistics as his doing, I thought I’d put it here.

My state (Connecticut) released employment figures yesterday, citing that employment during the so-called recovery is highly skewed to low-paying venues:

As of September, the state has recovered 88% of the jobs lost as a result of the 2007/2008 meltdown.

Of the 54,300 jobs lost in high-wage industries (management, finance and insurance, professional, science and technical services, and munufacturing), the state recovered only 8,900.

Of the 39,400 jobs lost in lower-wage industries (administrative and support services, waste services, retail, hotel and accommodations, and food services) the state recovered 49,300.

As a result the statewide wage increases average to 1.9% annually (vs. 4.4% before the recession). As one state administrator noted, “The effect on state revenue is obvious.”

I wonder if other states saw a similar downturn in the level of employment.
    I think, to some extent, companies that were top heavy used the recession to trim unneeded people from the top ... jobs that were unlikely to come back. When I say "used", I know a lot of companies used bankruptcy protections to get out of owing contract money pledged to people on the cheap, and I'm SURE none of those companies also gave big bonuses to the execs that were going to stick around just BEFORE they declared bankruptcy. They would NEVER do shady things like that right?

(for those struggling with what I might mean, those last two sentences were pointed sarcasm)

Pacific Gas & Electric owns the CA Public Utilities Commission who let them do just that ... take huge profits, pay out bonuses, spend nothing on the desperately needed infrastructure, then declare bankruptcy and start turning off power to millions because their infrastructure isn't "safe".

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    The Pensacola Naval shooter was a member of the Saudi military.

Well, that certainly is a whole confluence of things ain't it?

Wouldn't have ever guessed that though. Usually Saudi military bullets fail to hit anything except nearby daycare centers and hospitals.
    Yea it's always nice to see another Saudi attack our country and we just blow it off like it's no big deal.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

I love our big dumb wet president! He just gets it.

Wow.

Wow.

One would think that he'd learn about low pressure faucets when he was a slum lord. "We can turn down the water pressure and they'll use less" or "We could fix the plumbing, but if we turn the pressure down the leaks will stop."

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Wow.

Wow.

One would think that he'd learn about low pressure faucets when he was a slum lord. "We can turn down the water pressure and they'll use less" or "We could fix the plumbing, but if we turn the pressure down the leaks will stop."
    He just puts his name on other buildings. I doubt he has any real slumlord experience.
    _____

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    He just puts his name on other buildings. I doubt he has any real slumlord experience.
    Right, he proudly didn't have any slums, he didn't allow "those people" in his buildings.

The best part is "I transcribed the full quote".

Lol. WTF?!
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    The best part is "I transcribed the full quote".

Lol. WTF?!

The Horowitz Report came out and found that there wasn't political influence in the origins of the Russia investigation. This deep state never Trumper needs to go!
    _____

I get that people against Trump don't want to accept this reality.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Nixon was re-elected. George W Bush was re-elected. Trump could very well get re-elected (in fact, I put his odds at more likely than not). Obviously, getting re-elected doesn't mean you were a good President (as I'm no doubt conservatives would say about Obama and Clinton). Historically, I think President Trump will be viewed as good on the economy and non-interventionism and bad on everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Nixon was re-elected. George W Bush was re-elected. Trump could very well get re-elected (in fact, I put his odds at more likely than not). Obviously, getting re-elected doesn't mean you were a good President (as I'm no doubt conservatives would say about Obama and Clinton). Historically, I think President Trump will be viewed as good on the economy and non-interventionism and bad on everything else.
    He will likely be viewed as good on the economy despite having some jack squat for it. He has done absolutely nothing. The economy has kept humming along as it has for the last decade. People need to point that out and not concede it. Republicans don’t own the economy and they have done virtually nothing to help it over the last half century.