Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1770 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 77012701670172017601768176917701771177217801820 ... LastLast
Results 26,536 to 26,550 of 27636
    Flynn is pardoned.

The dominoes have begun to fall.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Considering 40% of Americans don't have $400 dollars in an emergency fund, I doubt your 'fact' that 74% have money for retirement.
    74% seems high but 52-55% have money invested in the market via direct investment or 401k. Add to that all employees with any kind of pension (state governments, local governments, most unions, and about 4% of large corporations invest in the market to pay the pension) its conceivable that the total could be 74%. Its not tracked with combined pensions and 401k because pensions are a defined benefit regardless of what the market does but the market is where pension funds invest to get the returns they need to pay the pensions.

I have employees that have money in the market without any contribution on their part. They get a statement of value for the 401k once a year. They may not consider that they are "invested in the market". I am sure a few of them don't have an emergency fund. Most of them borrow from the plan for emergencies.

There are 64 Million workers with a pension and a retirement plan, 84% of local and state government employees have a pension, 4% of private employees now have a pension but over 80% of those retired receive income from a pension.

https://www.pensionrights.org/public...tirement-plans

https://money.cnn.com/retirement/gui...ex8.htm?iid=EL

Gallup
    https://news.gallup.com/poll/266807/...wns-stock.aspx
    https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-stock-market/
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Flynn is pardoned.

The dominoes have begun to fall.
    This is him conceding. Once the pardons begin he knows it’s truly over.

Kinda numb to the Flynn thing. Don't really care....though I'm sure I should. This immediate malignancy will be over with soon. I think I'm just over Trump. Goodbye. Get outta here. I can't keep reacting and getting upset over everything

Michael Flynn and many, many others deserve to be in jail but we all know "law and order" means nothing. This people don't believe in any of this stuff. Just us vs. them.

Once again: "Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect..." - Frank Wilhoit

I don't even need to look this up anymore. It has use literally every single day.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Kinda numb to the Flynn thing. Don't really care....though I'm sure I should. This immediate malignancy will be over with soon. I think I'm just over Trump. Goodbye. Get outta here. I can't keep reacting and getting upset over everything

Michael Flynn and many, many others deserve to be in jail but we all know "law and order" means nothing. This people don't believe in any of this stuff. Just us vs. them.

Once again: "Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect..." - Frank Wilhoit

I don't even need to look this up anymore. It has use literally every single day.
    Pretty much. We all knew it was coming. Flynn got to lie to the FBI without real consequences. Powerful people connected to more power will always be allowed to do whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Pretty much. We all knew it was coming. Flynn got to lie to the FBI without real consequences. Powerful people connected to more power will always be allowed to do whatever they want.
    He’s guilty and the whole framed thing was stupid but I still don’t know about lying being against the law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

To all the liberals and Democrats who spout the bull**** argument that Donald Trump and Joe Biden are essentially the same. Maybe take this day of thanks to evaluate how stupid a statement that is.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post

Gerald Ford pardoned former President Richard Nixon on September 8, 1974, for official misconduct which gave rise to the Watergate scandal.

Other publicly controversial uses of the pardon power include..

Jimmy Carter's grant of amnesty to Vietnam-era draft dodgers on his second day in office, January 21, 1977.

George H. W. Bush's pardons of 75 people, including six Reagan administration officials, accused or convicted in connection with the Iran–Contra affair.

Bill Clinton's commutation of sentences for 16 members of FALN in 1999.

Clinton's pardons of 140 people on his last day in office, January 20, 2001, including billionaire fugitive Marc Rich and his own brother, Roger Clinton, were heavily criticized.

Donald Trump issued his first pardon to former Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio on August 25, 2017. Arpaio had been convicted of criminal contempt in federal court.

I saw this mentioned with the Flynn pardon, and I don't know whether true or not. because Flynn was pardoned, he can be questioned in the future and he can not plead the 5th Amendment and has to answer honestly with fear of perjury?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

https://twitter.com/bajachasr/status...017533957?s=21

What in the kindergarten is going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The last marbles he had left have fallen out of his head.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

gotta love 'referential' treatment

So what crime do Republicans and Trump supporters think that Trump would need to pardon himself from? United States v. Burdick has definitively settled that acceptance of a pardon is an admission of guilt. And the court ruled that a defendant could not be forced to accept a pardon. If they wished to maintain innocence, then the pardon could be rejected.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I saw this mentioned with the Flynn pardon, and I don't know whether true or not. because Flynn was pardoned, he can be questioned in the future and he can not plead the 5th Amendment and has to answer honestly with fear of perjury?
    Accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt and depending on what exactly you are pardoned for, and therefore immune to prosecution from, you lose your 5th amendment rights in those cases. It sounds like it’s easy to claim 5th amendment rights for reasons other than crimes you are pardoned for but not sure if that is true. And new claims of perjury are possible and I believe immune from pardoning.