Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1337 of 1449 FirstFirst ... 33783712371287132713351336133713381339134713871437 ... LastLast
Results 20,041 to 20,055 of 21732
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    This was your comment………

First, while the scope of this pandemic has become startlingly widespread, and in a very short period of time, viral epidemics are not “never-before occurring” disasters, nor was this one entirely unforeseen, at least from the perspective of the US.

And of course much depends on how one defines “well”. The Netherlands, for example, has taken a boldly different path managing the epidemic than, say, the South Koreans took. It should be very interesting to assess both programs when more comprehensive information is analysed. Likewise, we will have to do the same when the time comes for us.

Third, it does matter who is in charge.

You mention two other countries (tiny ones at that) in discussing managing the epidemic. Why would I, or anyone, not take that as a comparison to how the US is managing our crisis???
    I have no freaking clue because that’s not what my post says — not even close.
    Last edited by Crovash; 04-08-2020 at 10:40 AM.

It is not co-mingling.

It is diversity.

Our diversity, that so many people find so wonderful, works against us in many ways. All these boxes that have to be checked off, all the quotas that have to be met, all the silly college courses that have to be in place, all the campus clubs that are "oh so important."

Every law passed in the US has to take into consideration all these groups. A simple voting law made to clarify voting policies always gets blowback from some group. Gerrymandering is done to separate groups into favorable blocks. You want to tax something, some group gets PO'd.

I guess to simplify my views (as if that will mean anything here)……

I see a big difference between a black (or Muslim, or Hispanic, or Asian) American and an American who is black (or Muslim, or Hispanic, or Asian). It comes down to what part of the hyphen do they put first.

Does that make any sense???
    No, it doesnt make any sense. Do you have any evidence that our diversity is the problem with our ability to pass laws? Is it a bigger detriment than say lobbying or party politics? Any evidence that outrage over tax laws have any correlation to race? Any thing at all beyond your belief that some americans are real americans and others arent?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    So, every time the drug saves a person life we should totally ignore that eh? That’s really endangering the public..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes that’s totally what I’m saying. Enjoy those fresh picked cherries.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    no. I'm saying what I posted. people are being tested after they have already died.

if nobody that has died should be given a test that people alive need, then fine. that would also mean that if they didn't test positive before or after death then they can't be included in the death.
    It seems as if you are vehemently against anyone being counted as having died from Coronavirus if they did not die from Coronavirus but completely, 100% OK with people not being counted as having died from Coronavirus even if they did die of Coronavirus.

Wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    No, it doesnt make any sense. Do you have any evidence that our diversity is the problem with our ability to pass laws? Is it a bigger detriment than say lobbying or party politics? Any evidence that outrage over tax laws have any correlation to race? Any thing at all beyond your belief that some americans are real americans and others arent?
    Read the papers. Look at all the "groups" that have something to say all the time. Tune in to Joy Reid. it's never ending.

Why these congressional caucuses that pertain to ethnic groups? (With all the secret funding.)
    Why the need for Al Sharpton? How can anyone give this idiot a voice?
    Why the need for set asides?
    Why the need for equal opportunity laws?
    Why the need for Hispanic Yellow Pages (when we had phone books)?
    Why have to hire percentages of certain groups?
    Why can't Google (or was it Apple? Can't remember) honestly say men were better at math than women?
    Why did Easter and Christmas vacations become Spring and Winter recesses?

Do you know anyone in Human Resources (anyone that will actually talk honestly to you) ask them about disciplining/firing a minority as opposed to a no minority. They are handled differently.

This diversity baloney is everywhere. It is counter productive and wastes time, energy and money.

There is a huge difference between multiple groups pulling separately in different directions (which is what we have) as opposed to those same groups pulling together in the same direction (which is what we need).

But do what you want and go your own way - no matter how slow it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I have no freaking clue because that’s not what my post says — not even close.
    OK, professor, tell us what you said and what you mean.

Read the papers. Look at all the "groups" that have something to say all the time. Tune in to Joy Reid. it's never ending.

Why these congressional caucuses that pertain to ethnic groups? (With all the secret funding.)
    Why can't Google (or was it Apple? Can't remember) honestly say men were better at math than women?

Do you know anyone in Human Resources (anyone that will actually talk honestly to you) ask them about disciplining/firing a minority as opposed to a no minority. They are handled differently.

This diversity baloney is everywhere. It is counter productive and wastes time, energy and money.

There is a huge difference between multiple groups pulling separately in different directions (which is what we have) as opposed to those same groups pulling together in the same direction (which is what we need).

So no then?

Here is an interesting take on the death rate in NYC (as in possible incomplete tallying of deaths).

https://gothamist.com/news/death-cou...confirmed-ones

One might wonder if this might apply elsewhere, especially in large cities like, say, Madrid.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    It changes nothing about the point being made. Death bed or not. I didn’t purposely leave it off.

Oh yeah. That's right, I forgot. Context is out the window these days. It's all about manipulation tactics now. My bad.

And the words "if you are on your death bed" completely change the point being made.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

I do love your personal struggle against progress. Much like the salmon that gets eaten by the bear, so too will you by progress.

We do have a Congressional White Caucus...it's called the Freedom Caucus. Don't worry, they're fighting for your right to be white!
    There's no need for Al Sharpton. But there is a demand for him. And as your own economic theory goes, if there is a demand for you, then you have the right to supply your services.
    I don't know what you mean by set asides, so I will ignore it.
    We need equal opportunity laws because many people in this country (again such as yourself) have admitted to racist ways of thinking and intentionally holding people back due in no part to their skillset.
    WTF is a Hispanic Yellow Pages? I Googled it and it appears to just be a bilingual version of the Yellow Pages. So my guess is that they had this silly little notion that maybe people should be able to use the Yellow Pages even if they don't speak English (well).
    Where is there a requirement to hire percentages of any group?
    Google was and is free to say things like that. And people are within their rights to be upset about it and take their business elsewhere if they don't believe that is true. Y'all really hate the free market when it is used to punish you for traits that you believe in like bigotry and sexism.
    Because there is a growing percentage of the country that doesn't celebrate those holidays.

In summation, I really do love how the inevitable progress of society is frustrating you so.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I do love your personal struggle against progress. Much like the salmon that gets eaten by the bear, so too will you by progress.

We do have a Congressional White Caucus...it's called the Freedom Caucus. Don't worry, they're fighting for your right to be white!
    There's no need for Al Sharpton. But there is a demand for him. And as your own economic theory goes, if there is a demand for you, then you have the right to supply your services. This/He is a complete waste of time
    I don't know what you mean by set asides, so I will ignore it. The fact that you do not know what set asides are makes me question your points as a whole.Plus you didn't seem to want to look it up. (doesn't googe do that???)
    We need equal opportunity laws because many people in this country (again such as yourself) have admitted to racist ways of thinking and intentionally holding people back due in no part to their skillset. I have never done this.
    WTF is a Hispanic Yellow Pages? I Googled it and it appears to just be a bilingual version of the Yellow Pages. So my guess is that they had this silly little notion that maybe people should be able to use the Yellow Pages even if they don't speak English (well). Wrong again. Many large communities (I have only lived in cities) have Hispanic Yellow pages just to highlight Hispanic businesses. Imagine if there was something to highlight white businesses.
    Where is there a requirement to hire percentages of any group? Are you kidding with this??? Really??? Ask any hiring manager of any large company. Or any college admissions manager.They have to show they are hiring all groups.
    Google was and is free to say things like that. And people are within their rights to be upset about it and take their business elsewhere if they don't believe that is true. Y'all really hate the free market when it is used to punish you for traits that you believe in like bigotry and sexism. You really missed this one. Someone was fired from Google (or maybe it was Apple) for saying men are better at math than women.
    Because there is a growing percentage of the country that doesn't celebrate those holidays.

In summation, I really do love how the inevitable progress of society is frustrating you so.
    And the bolded…my point was/is…that pulling together as one unit is what gets us progress. I want to move ahead. And I want to do it as quickly as possible.

I don't know how old you are, but all these problems were addressed back in the 60s 70s and for sixty years it hasn't gotten much better for minorities in spite of all this. Why not???

You want fairness…how about a college admission applicant or job application by number without any reference to race, religion, sex, appearance, income etc. The Admissions manager or hiring manager takes the best applicant. You OK with that. After all, what could be fairer.

And I found this for you……

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/07/b...ired-memo.html

And the bolded…my point was/is…that pulling together as one unit is what gets us progress. I want to move ahead. And I want to do it as quickly as possible.

I don't know how old you are, but all these problems were addressed back in the 60s 70s and for sixty years it hasn't gotten much better for minorities in spite of all this. Why not???

You want fairness…how about a college admission applicant or job application by number without any reference to race, religion, sex, appearance, income etc. The Admissions manager or hiring manager takes the best applicant. You OK with that. After all, what could be fairer.

Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

And if they don’t fit in?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Why nit just say you have no response????

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    And if they don’t fit in?

What happens to an employee that doesn't fit in????
    Or a neighbor on your block that doesn't fit in???
    Or someone in your social circle that doesn't fit in???

Usually the world moves on without them and they get eft behind. Or left to themselves.

Sometimes people make a concerted effort to change their ways and fit in. Guess what happens then.

They fit in.

And move ahead with everyone else.