Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1334 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 33483412341284132413321333133413351336134413841434 ... LastLast
Results 19,996 to 20,010 of 21719
    I don't have terribly high standards for the next Press Secretary. All I'm asking for is someone who has more press briefings than DUIs.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    It’s like you work for the Trump campaign. If he didn’t have an interest in this drug (and apparently a financial interest) you wouldn’t care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol. He has $3k interest in this drug per your own link. Again, state the entirety, not just what you want people to see.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    When you look at a timeline of Trumps messaging versus what experts say and the exposed piece that he has a financial interest in this drug company, I think it’s fair to say he has endangered the public and there needs to be some accountability.

I know conservatives play a never say die team sport in this, but the way Trump handled this is really epically bad. It’s going to be the thing that puts him lower than Harding in presidential history.
    Early on, Dr Fauci…the God of all medical advice… didn't see coronas as all that ig of a deal. Pelosi was telling us asll to come on down to Chinatown. No problems there. CDC designed faulty tests.

So do they have blood on their hands, have they bungled everything from the start.

Point is, is that this entire situation is unmanageable. Everything that has been done could have been differently and gotten worse results. There are no protocols for something like this.

When you look at what Trump has done, I'd give him decent marks. He's moved ventilators around as needed, he's had temp hospitals built where needed, he's gotten US industry mobilized (I'd give him extra credits for that) and he's been out front taking the shots. All in all, not a bad job.

And answer this question honestly……do you really think he is suggesting using the hydro whatever drug because he has stock in some company that makes it???? Or do you think he is suggesting using the hydro whatever drug because it has had some success elsewhere and nothing else seems to be working. What do you really think????

And he (or some family member) probably has stock in some company that makes something else we need. Unlock Adam Schiff and warm him up for the next round of impeachment hearings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Early on, Dr Fauci…the God of all medical advice… didn't see coronas as all that ig of a deal. Pelosi was telling us asll to come on down to Chinatown. No problems there. CDC designed faulty tests.

So do they have blood on their hands, have they bungled everything from the start.

Point is, is that this entire situation is unmanageable. Everything that has been done could have been differently and gotten worse results. There are no protocols for something like this.
    I agree with all of this. All too many people simply want to scapegoat the people that don't align with their personal and/or political beliefs.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 04-07-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Lol. He has $3k interest in this drug per your own link. Again, state the entirety, not just what you want people to see.
    lol, what is trump doing with a $3k interest in ANYTHING?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

When you look at what Trump has done, I'd give him decent marks. He's moved ventilators around as needed, he's had temp hospitals built where needed, he's gotten US industry mobilized (I'd give him extra credits for that) and he's been out front taking the shots. All in all, not a bad job.
    You have an incredibly low bar. This government (whole thing, state, county, and fed) has been fighting this thing from behind. We should have been out in front of this thing. By January we already knew what was going on, we had stats and facts to predict exactly everything happening in America right now.

Dismissing this situation as something unmanageable and using that to justify our pathetic response is just complete bull ****.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

To say that the situation is “unmanageable” is ridiculous.

We are managing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    To say that the situation is “unmanageable” is ridiculous.

We are managing it.
    With that in mind…everything is manageable.

They "managed" the Hindenburg Disaster, Titanic, 9/11, earthquakes, forest fires, etc.

I guess the better phrase is" manageable" or "managed well."

So the overall point would be that an unforeseen and never before occurring disaster cannot really be managed well. No matter who is in charge.

I guess the better phrase is...”managed well."

So the overall point would be that an unforeseen and never before occurring disaster cannot really be managed well. No matter who is in charge.
    First, while the scope of this pandemic has become startlingly widespread, and in a very short period of time, viral epidemics are not “never-before occurring” disasters, nor was this one entirely unforeseen, at least from the perspective of the US.

And of course much depends on how one defines “well”. The Netherlands, for example, has taken a boldly different path managing the epidemic than, say, the South Koreans took. It should be very interesting to assess both programs when more comprehensive information is analysed. Likewise, we will have to do the same when the time comes for us.

Third, it does matter who is in charge.

I give up. Trumpers are so far gone.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    You can hate Trump with every ounce of your vigor. I don't care. It doesn't impact me in the least. However, what I would like to see is people stop spreading ********? And dropping off the first portion of that quote is absolutely spreading ********.
    It changes nothing about the point being made. Death bed or not. I didn’t purposely leave it off.

With that in mind…everything is manageable.

They "managed" the Hindenburg Disaster, Titanic, 9/11, earthquakes, forest fires, etc.

I guess the better phrase is" manageable" or "managed well."

I dont mean this as a left or right issue, but if doctors were in charge of the national response to pandemic, this entire response would have been completely different.

I know I've been railing on the government for their response, but it is deserved. We have an ENTIRE FIELD OF KNOWLEDGE which centers around exactly what happened. Now recently they've finally started acknowledging this, and started sharing info with us such as the curve, and what scientific predictions we can make and how they impact the curve.

But this should have been happening from the moment this disease showed up in our country. It's not like we magically learned how to simulate out science based models in the past 3 weeks, this should have all been happening from the beginning. Well I'm sure it was happening, but what I mean is this is what should have been dictating policy from the beginning.

Not now after its freakin spread everywhere.

From jan 21 our first corona case to march 17, when cali shut down, our govt was literally asleep.

Our entertainment industry, spirts league's and theme parks closed of their own accord before our govt enacted any sort of mass closures. What information did they have that our govt didnt? That's a pathetic govt response

Last edited by nastynice; 04-07-2020 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    First, while the scope of this pandemic has become startlingly widespread, and in a very short period of time, viral epidemics are not “never-before occurring” disasters, nor was this one entirely unforeseen, at least from the perspective of the US.

And of course much depends on how one defines “well”. The Netherlands, for example, has taken a boldly different path managing the epidemic than, say, the South Koreans took. It should be very interesting to assess both programs when more comprehensive information is analysed. Likewise, we will have to do the same when the time comes for us.

Third, it does matter who is in charge.
    I always get a kick out of how people compare something in the US with how it occurs or is managed elsewhere. Scandinavia countries are usually the models that pop up. Everything is wonderful there.

The Netherlands…we have several states with more population and size than them.
    South Korea…again, several states that are larger.

And the biggie……the Netherands are pretty much all Dutch, the SoKos almost all Korean.
    The US is many things, but one thing it is not is homogeneous and this can and often does work against us. One group sneezes and another one will protest the sneeze.

So managing anything here in the US takes on greater parameters. The Netherlands premier (whoever that is) and the SoKo president (whoever that is) makes laws and rulings for Dutch and Koreans respectively. And those rulings are carried out by the Dutch and Koreans respectively

Trump makes a comment (any comment) and a half dozen groups parse what he said to suit their needs and immediately complain about something. Send ventilators to hospital X and an opposing ethnic group in another neighborhood is in an uproar over being slighted. This is life in the US and it has been like this for years. The Netherlands and the SoKos have no such problems. It makes simple management in the US difficult and difficult management almost impossible to do well and satisfy everyon..

You're might about it mattering who is in charge. Someone other than Trump may not have done as good a job. Or may have doe a better job…we'll never know. I think Trump has done an excellent job in getting industry mobilized to help the effort. Could BO have done that as well? Bush? Clinton? Bush? Reagan Who knows. Any opinion is just that…an opinion.

I think that under the circumstances, complicate but an unfriendly press, Trump has done OK. A little late to the game (and don't forget, early on, Fauci the medical expert was uconcerned. Maybe some other advisors were also unconcerned [we don't know]) , but he is managing it well right now. And as well as can be expected.

Yep, the problem is all these mingling races