Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1896 of 1904 FirstFirst ... 896139617961846188618941895189618971898 ... LastLast
Results 28,426 to 28,440 of 28554
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    It must have been really weird in that session where they came up with this. Given the legal status of slaves, I got to figure some abolitionist delegate noted in dissent that it was no different than counting a percentage of a cow, a horse, or a chicken for the census.
    considering they were viewed more as livestock than human at the time, I'd agree
    apparently 40% livestock.....
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Except someone was trying to say this was a false instance of racism.
    how would this use of the N word be false instance.

there are enough other instances of false racism that water down racism and make it less meaningful accusation. the number of instances of people whining about racism that isn't there hurts real instances of racism and just makes people roll their eyes like here we go again. just like hoax hate crimes makes people question the accuracy of any new accusations.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

there are enough other instances of false racism that water down racism and make it less meaningful accusation. the number of instances of people whining about racism that isn't there hurts real instances of racism and just makes people roll their eyes like here we go again. just like hoax hate crimes makes people question the accuracy of any new accusations.
    Don’t ask me, ask the guy who argued it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yeah, and I suspect most of Carlson's "fans" are not knowingly racist, but he's slowly turning them into racists.
    The Simpsons pegged them something fierce years ago...

Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    How can you know what would happen over the 160 years from the civil war? Would the two halves of the US joined the allies for WWI and WWII? Would they have produced as much and sent as many soldiers? We can't assume the results of either war would have ended the same. And if the other side had won either time I don't think we can assume both sides of the US would have remained independent.
    Because real life played out and you can take indicators how it would’ve played out. A split USA isn’t a threat to the rest of the world and its influence doesn’t carry half the weight. And considering most countries were peasant societies in Asia outside of Japan, why wouldn’t other countries consolidate their interests on their own continents rather than float across the ocean and maintain armies and occupation governments that are going to be dealing with counter insurgency forever? It would’ve been too costly and pointless.

The European countries would’ve played the current role of the US. One supporting the North, one supporting the South, Probably competing countries sticking up for one side vs the other, turning the North and South into proxies and you probably fight it out again on their behalf.

If you want to really get into it, a better question is, if the Confederates won the Battle of Antietam, the British and French were close in recognizing the Confederacy. Would they have with a Lee win and given the Confederacy their coveted international recognition? They both didn’t want to see a powerful USA and much preferred a split continent. Union forces might have been forced to withdraw, Lincoln never would’ve been re-elected, and you have your what if scenario.

The person you’re quoting for truth tried to argue someone calling a group of black HS kids F’n N-words in anger was not racist.

Is that a case of false racism?
    Can you say a word to hurt someone as the motivation without it being racist?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

The person you’re quoting for truth tried to argue someone calling a group of black HS kids F’n N-words in anger was not racist.

Is that a case of false racism?
    And then followed it up with this..

"If it's racism, call it out and let's deal with it. If it's not...just say you disagree with ones thoughts and move along."

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Yea but those people who roll they are eyes and say here we go.again would do so regardless. If real racism wasnt ignored there would be no need to push false racism.

Do the logic in your head and see which way it adds up.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Another example of how real racism is defended.

This is what leads to incidents of false racism.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Sure, and that means the motivation wouldn’t necessarily be racist but the action still would be.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yea but those people who roll they are eyes and say here we go.again would do so regardless. If real racism wasnt ignored there would be no need to push false racism.

Do the logic in your head and see which way it adds up.

you're going to have to provide an example of real racism that has been ignored.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.foxnews.com/media/washin...votes-election

Washington Post panned for massive correction to Trump-Georgia election story: 'So, they made up quotes'

Post wrongly attributed multiple remarks to Trump from phone call with Georgia election official
    The Washington Post made a massive correction Monday to a January report about a phone call between then-President Donald Trump and Georgia elections investigator Frances Watson, admitting it wrongly attributed multiple quotes to Trump based on an anonymous source.

The Post initially reported Trump had told an official working in Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger's office to "find the fraud" in the state, which he lost narrowly to Joe Biden, and that she would be a "national hero" if she did.

However, a newly emerged recording of the Dec. 23 call found he didn't use those words. Instead, Trump said she would be "praised" when the "right answer comes out" and encouraged her to closely examine mail-in ballots in Fulton County, the heavily blue and most populated county in the state.

The Post published a lengthy correction to its story: "Correction: Two months after publication of this story, the Georgia secretary of state released an audio recording of President Donald Trump’s December phone call with the state’s top elections investigator. The recording revealed that The Post misquoted Trump’s comments on the call, based on information provided by a source. Trump did not tell the investigator to "find the fraud" or say she would be "a national hero" if she did so. Instead, Trump urged the investigator to scrutinize ballots in Fulton County, Ga., asserting she would find "dishonesty" there. He also told her that she had "the most important job in the country right now." A story about the recording can be found here. The headline and text of this story have been corrected to remove quotes misattributed to Trump."

CNN also reported on the call citing an unnamed source and waited until Monday afternoon to correct its story, after initially stating Trump said "national hero" and "find the fraud" in its opening paragraph. Many outlets picked up the story, including Vox, ABC News, and NBC News.

the media damage was already done with thousands/millions influenced.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ahh....poor Trumpy boi.

you're going to have to provide an example of real racism that has been ignored.
    Yes, the announcer using the m word at the girls basketball game.

Both brewers and dbroncmo are defending it as not racist..