Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1768 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 76812681668171817581766176717681769177017781818 ... LastLast
Results 26,506 to 26,520 of 27643
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Whose fault is that? .
    lol, what a terrible answer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Whose fault is that? It's like saying I need to pay health insurance thanks to you smoking.
    Listen, it simply doesn't always work out for people. I was underemployed while singing in a gospel quartet for years when I was younger, then gave up a growing business management career to move back to my home town when my dad's health was failing. Then I accepted below market pay to help my brother build his business and by then my mother needed help, which I provided even tho it again limited my income. Mixed in there I got caught flipping houses when the real estate market took its first dive in decades in the mid 2000s and had a business partner rake me over the coals.

So I don't exactly see fault in my retirement account not being all that big. And to sweeten the pot, the pandemic has all but shut the company I work for down, so I get to pay for my own health insurance while on unemployment with the hope the company can bring me back in February...so, really building up that pension.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Oh jeebus. What a statement this is lol.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    If only you were capable of understanding and contributing to it. Oh well.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Listen, it simply doesn't always work out for people. I was underemployed while singing in a gospel quartet for years when I was younger, then gave up a growing business management career to move back to my home town when my dad's health was failing. Then I accepted below market pay to help my brother build his business and by then my mother needed help, which I provided even tho it again limited my income. Mixed in there I got caught flipping houses when the real estate market took its first dive in decades in the mid 2000s and had a business partner rake me over the coals.

So I don't exactly see fault in my retirement account not being all that big. And to sweeten the pot, the pandemic has all but shut the company I work for down, so I get to pay for my own health insurance while on unemployment with the hope the company can bring me back in February...so, really building up that pension.
    I never said there aren't cases (yours is certainly part of one and I commend you for your choices) but most of the 26% of Americans that have nothing for savings is almost certainly more of a lack of priority than extenuating circumstances. And of the 74% of Americans that do have retirement savings perhaps the "mattress" is not the best spot for it.
    Last edited by brett05; 11-24-2020 at 05:01 PM.

_
    Last edited by blams; 11-25-2020 at 12:52 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Whose fault is that? It's like saying I need to pay health insurance thanks to you smoking.
    I'm sorry what does this have to do with what I said?

I said how the stock market and retirement accounts aren't a good measure for the economy because most everyone doesn't have one. People who have more money than they will never need getting even more money they will never need is a bad measure of the economy.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

You’ll pay you’ll like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I'm sorry what does this have to do with what I said?

I said how the stock market and retirement accounts aren't a good measure for the economy because most everyone doesn't have one. People who have more money than they will never need getting even more money they will never need is a bad measure of the economy.
    The market is a great indicator of a strong economy. That folks do not take advantage of that is not the economy's fault. Perhaps it's a better sign of the lack of economic education on those that are not.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You’ll pay you’ll like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Of course I will pay. Taxes are taxes. Like it? LOL. Not a snowball's chance.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    The market is a great indicator of a strong economy. That folks do not take advantage of that is not the economy's fault. Perhaps it's a better sign of the lack of economic education on those that are not.
    Not only is brett the expert on the police... he also has a degree in economics.

See what all the people without jobs right now should do, is build time machines and invest in the stock market. Which, we should all be aware, will soon tank. Largely because Liberals!, and not because of anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Please reflect on what I said and what you said.

The stock market can be considered a strong indicator for how a specific segment of the country is doing. But it is by no means an economic indicator that tells you how the country is doing or its economy. People who own stock tend to be white, above 50, have a college or post graduate degree, and earn more than $100,000 a year. People who don't fit into one or more of those categories are far less likely to own stock and thus be completely unaffected by it.

It's not a matter of fault. It's a matter of then having other focuses such as putting food on their table, raising them children, or any number of things to do with their money. People working a second or third job are doing so because all their spare money goes to those silly things I listed above like food or rent.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

He knows all this. He doesn’t care.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Not only is brett the expert on the police... he also has a degree in economics.

See what all the people without jobs right now should do, is build time machines and invest in the stock market. Which, we should all be aware, will soon tank. Largely because Liberals!, and not because of anything else.
    You heap praises on me that I don't do myself. Thanks?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Please reflect on what I said and what you said.

The stock market can be considered a strong indicator for how a specific segment of the country is doing. But it is by no means an economic indicator that tells you how the country is doing or its economy. People who own stock tend to be white, above 50, have a college or post graduate degree, and earn more than $100,000 a year. People who don't fit into one or more of those categories are far less likely to own stock and thus be completely unaffected by it.

It's not a matter of fault. It's a matter of then having other focuses such as putting food on their table, raising them children, or any number of things to do with their money. People working a second or third job are doing so because all their spare money goes to those silly things I listed above like food or rent.
    I can only speak of the folks I know and those that are in the market have nothing to do with age or race or how many jobs they work. And very few of the folks I know are making 100K a year. They are however invested in the market. Of all the folks I know It's less than 1% that are not in the market and that bridges folks from 18 thru seniors of all races.

You want to do something else with your money that is your right. It's the risk folks take.

I can only speak of the folks I know and those that are in the market have nothing to do with age or race or how many jobs they work. And very few of the folks I know are making 100K a year. They are however invested in the market. Of all the folks I know It's less than 1% that are not in the market and that bridges folks from 18 thru seniors of all races.

You want to do something else with your money that is your right. It's the risk folks take.
    What you are referring to is called anecdotal evidence and it is essentially meaningless. I'm referring to country wide evidence and statistics.

The facts are that only a specific portion of the country can afford to invest in the stock market. And people who aren't able to aren't able not because they're choosing not to take advantage. But because they're choosing which of their regular bills to not pay because they don't make enough money. Someone working the drive thru line at a fast food restaurant facing rent, car loan, insurance, groceries, utilities, and many more doesn't have the spare money to be throwing into the stock market.
    _____