Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1329 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 32982912291279131913271328132913301331133913791429 ... LastLast
Results 19,921 to 19,935 of 21661
  1. #19921
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Or are poorer people less healthy to begin with

    Or more likely to live in crowded conditions

    Or less likely to practice social distancing

    Or more likely to take mass transit

    Plenty of reasons.
    Agreed all of those could be reasons. Is this an argument? I’m confused


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  2. #19922
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,162
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Agreed all of those could be reasons. Is this an argument? I’m confused


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is what was said………

    In nyc the poorer communities are getting hit harder.

    Is it because their the ones that continue to work? Probably.

    ……

    As if their continuing to work is the primary cause of their getting sick.

    Continuing to work is probably a factor. I was pointing out that there were probably several other underlying factors as well.

  3. #19923
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    49,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Of course. But we always have you.

    Why not give Trump a call and see if you can get on his team. He needs all the experts he can get.

    As for reality, try this……

    There's two million cars moving in and out of Manhattan (the NYC Manhattan) on a given day, and there's two million cars driving around Nebraska on a given day. Which place do you think has the most accidents and deaths resulting from accidents????

    All I ever said (without any scientific background like you, and the urge to prover everyone wrong all the time) is that given the living conditions in places like NYC, that it is one of the worst possible places to be in these situations. Which is also why I, and most others, seriously doubt what the Chinese are saying.

    But I'm probably wrong.
    I’m not trying to prove anyone wrong. I’m just once again pointing out that guy feelings or off the cuff rationalizations are not a foundation for sound facts. But it seems to be a recurring method for conservatives and a point of frustration for the rest of us.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #19924
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    This is what was said………

    In nyc the poorer communities are getting hit harder.

    Is it because their the ones that continue to work? Probably.

    ……

    As if their continuing to work is the primary cause of their getting sick.

    Continuing to work is probably a factor. I was pointing out that there were probably several other underlying factors as well.
    You listed out a few reasons why poor people going to work will have a higher chance to catching the virus. Such as using transportation to go to work

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  5. #19925
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,162
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I’m not trying to prove anyone wrong. I’m just once again pointing out that guy feelings or off the cuff rationalizations are not a foundation for sound facts. But it seems to be a recurring method for conservatives and a point of frustration for the rest of us.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Crisis time call for thinking outside the box.

    People are dying and nothing seems to be working. Hundreds of doctors around the world have tried this hydro whatever drug and had success. What's the problem with giving it a shot.

    Every night if you watch TV some drug is advertised and the last third of the commercial talks of potential side effects (one is the contemplation of suicide) and they still get marketed. Every time I pick up my prescriptions I get a list of potential side effects and they still get to the market. Doctors seem to have no prob prescribing oxycodone and that drug has done huge amounts of damage.

    So what's the big deal about this hydro whatever??? Is it because Trump brought it up??? Seems so. If BO mentioned it you would see newscasters with bowls of the drug on their desks like M&Ms and they would be talking about the Nobel Prize for medicine.

    Nothing succeeds like success and many doctors are having success with this drug. Why not try it. Every drug has side effects. In crisis times try anything.

    Do all your studies after we get thru this. Then you can write all the papers you want. But get thru this.

  6. #19926
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Crisis time call for thinking outside the box.

    People are dying and nothing seems to be working. Hundreds of doctors around the world have tried this hydro whatever drug and had success. What's the problem with giving it a shot.

    Every night if you watch TV some drug is advertised and the last third of the commercial talks of potential side effects (one is the contemplation of suicide) and they still get marketed. Every time I pick up my prescriptions I get a list of potential side effects and they still get to the market. Doctors seem to have no prob prescribing oxycodone and that drug has done huge amounts of damage.

    So what's the big deal about this hydro whatever??? Is it because Trump brought it up??? Seems so. If BO mentioned it you would see newscasters with bowls of the drug on their desks like M&Ms and they would be talking about the Nobel Prize for medicine.

    Nothing succeeds like success and many doctors are having success with this drug. Why not try it. Every drug has side effects. In crisis times try anything.

    Do all your studies after we get thru this. Then you can write all the papers you want. But get thru this.
    They are trying it, and there is nothing more than anecdotal evidence of its efficacy(which is good). Why the need to ******** about it? That really all that there is to say about it, anything else undermines credibilty even further.

  7. #19927
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,162
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    They are trying it, and there is nothing more than anecdotal evidence of its efficacy(which is good). Why the need to ******** about it? That really all that there is to say about it, anything else undermines credibilty even further.
    Because every day you seem to hear reasons not to be trying this drug and, frankly, the reasons seem to be politically motivated. Seems like a good deal of effort went to (and is going to) being sure that Trump does not get credit if this drug works.

    And he shouldn't…he only originally passed it off as a comment. Something to think about. Something to consider.

    And he probably doesn't care if he gets credit or not. I think he would like to get the country thru this and if the hydro whatever worked he'd be as thrilled as much as anyone else.

    That's all I ever said.

  8. #19928
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    And he probably doesn't care if he gets credit or not.
    lol, c'mon, you know better..

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #19929
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Because every day you seem to hear reasons not to be trying this drug and, frankly, the reasons seem to be politically motivated. Seems like a good deal of effort went to (and is going to) being sure that Trump does not get credit if this drug works.

    And he shouldn't…he only originally passed it off as a comment. Something to think about. Something to consider.

    And he probably doesn't care if he gets credit or not. I think he would like to get the country thru this and if the hydro whatever worked he'd be as thrilled as much as anyone else.

    That's all I ever said.
    Sorry. Medicine doesn’t work like “well, might as well give it a shot!” especially during a crisis that is downplayed so much by the same people clamoring for a medicine to treat it.

    Still trying to maneuver through the thickness of that irony.

  10. #19930
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    32,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Why can't we just take the number of deaths due to sickness (do not count accidents, car crashes etc..) for the first quarter of the last few years and roughly assume that the increase for the same period in 2020 is from corona virus.

    Not very scientific but it would seem to indicate some sort of measurement.

    Someone said that in some European countries the death rate is not all that much higher than the normal death rate.

    I dunno.
    Yes, it is hitting Europe disproportionately by country. It has not hit some countries very hard. It has hit Italy, Spain and France incredibly hard.

  11. #19931
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    49,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Crisis time call for thinking outside the box.

    People are dying and nothing seems to be working. Hundreds of doctors around the world have tried this hydro whatever drug and had success. What's the problem with giving it a shot.

    Every night if you watch TV some drug is advertised and the last third of the commercial talks of potential side effects (one is the contemplation of suicide) and they still get marketed. Every time I pick up my prescriptions I get a list of potential side effects and they still get to the market. Doctors seem to have no prob prescribing oxycodone and that drug has done huge amounts of damage.

    So what's the big deal about this hydro whatever??? Is it because Trump brought it up??? Seems so. If BO mentioned it you would see newscasters with bowls of the drug on their desks like M&Ms and they would be talking about the Nobel Prize for medicine.

    Nothing succeeds like success and many doctors are having success with this drug. Why not try it. Every drug has side effects. In crisis times try anything.

    Do all your studies after we get thru this. Then you can write all the papers you want. But get thru this.
    Social distancing is working. Scientifically found evidence based approaches are how we always overcome.....never mind. This is pointless.

  12. #19932
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,162
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Social distancing is working. Scientifically found evidence based approaches are how we always overcome.....never mind. This is pointless.
    Never said social distancing wasn't working.

    No offense but you are one of the most pompous posters in these forums.

  13. #19933
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,162
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Sorry. Medicine doesn’t work like “well, might as well give it a shot!” especially during a crisis that is downplayed so much by the same people clamoring for a medicine to treat it.

    Still trying to maneuver through the thickness of that irony.
    OK. So if you're dying and you're not getting any better, you would not try the hydro whatever.

    Is that what you are saying????

    Really????

    Now ask the family if they think you should "give it a shot."

  14. #19934
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,233
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Sorry. Medicine doesn’t work like “well, might as well give it a shot!” especially during a crisis that is downplayed so much by the same people clamoring for a medicine to treat it.

    Still trying to maneuver through the thickness of that irony.
    It COULD be effective tho, they can certainly gather data or even have people take it if they're willing.

    I dont know the story behind this, it depends how trump said it. If he said this drug will kill coronavirus, then thats stupid. But if he said this drug shows potential to help recover, the theres nothing wrong with that (assuming it did show a potential), and they should probably explore it.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 04-06-2020 at 05:53 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  15. #19935
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Because every day you seem to hear reasons not to be trying this drug and, frankly, the reasons seem to be politically motivated. Seems like a good deal of effort went to (and is going to) being sure that Trump does not get credit if this drug works.

    And he shouldn't…he only originally passed it off as a comment. Something to think about. Something to consider.

    And he probably doesn't care if he gets credit or not. I think he would like to get the country thru this and if the hydro whatever worked he'd be as thrilled as much as anyone else.

    That's all I ever said.
    You hear doctors that are concerned about it being a blanket treatment, because for certain people it may cause more harm than good among other concerns.

    He absolutely cares if he gets "credit" or not, the issue would be dead otherwise. He could have shut it off the next day by saying that he got a little too optimistic and we will continue to monitor its use and hopefully data will show it's an effective treatment. The truth. Crisis' like this are the easiest thing in the world to manage as a politician, all they have to do is tell the truth and they become heroes. Guy's ego cant get out of his way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •