Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1328 of 1447 FirstFirst ... 32882812281278131813261327132813291330133813781428 ... LastLast
Results 19,906 to 19,920 of 21702
  1. #19906
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    32,861
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    this is what I'm talking about..

    This is why all your whining in the media thread is BS. First, no the CDC did not say to list anything as the cause of death. What the article is referring to is guidelines from the WHO concerning causes of death.

    Second, regarding the scary phrase you quoted, it also immediately says “certifies should include as much detail as possible based on their knowledge of the case... if the decedent had other chronic conditions which contributed to the cause of death, those should be reflected as well”


    So this isn’t people dying and then going “call it corona” these are cases where a doctor diagnosed the patient with corona.

    HUGE difference.

    But now we get to the flip side: Trump did not begin Widespread testing in the US until very late in the game. How do you know that people didn’t die of corona before they were tested and had it confirmed? The number of dead could be far higher.


    About the only thing you’ve shown is is that thegatewaypundit.com is a trash website.

  2. #19907
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,211
    Why can't we just take the number of deaths due to sickness (do not count accidents, car crashes etc..) for the first quarter of the last few years and roughly assume that the increase for the same period in 2020 is from corona virus.

    Not very scientific but it would seem to indicate some sort of measurement.

    Someone said that in some European countries the death rate is not all that much higher than the normal death rate.

    I dunno.

  3. #19908
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6,523
    In terms of death rate from Covid-19, you have to first look at it locally, not nationally — and in a time frame.

    The 3,000 deaths in NYC (already) in just two weeks is far more telling in terms of statistical significance than 3,000 deaths in the US.

    Maybe eventually, when all is said and done, the national numbers will reflect the same significance — certainly the models predict so.

    Also, keep in mind that in very hard-hit regions, where resources are severely overtaxed, many Covid-19 deaths are actually going unreported or uncertified at this time.

  4. #19909
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    In terms of death rate from Covid-19, you have to first look at it locally, not nationally — and in a time frame.

    The 3,000 deaths in NYC (already) in just two weeks is far more telling in terms of statistical significance than 3,000 deaths in the US.

    Maybe eventually, when all is said and done, the national numbers will reflect the same significance — certainly the models predict so.

    Also, keep in mind that in very hard-hit regions, where resources are severely overtaxed, many Covid-19 deaths are actually going unreported or uncertified at this time.
    I would think how people live has a great effect. People in NYC live on top of one another. Co-Op city (inda Bronx) has something like 40,000 people in 18 buildings. Stuyvesant Town (lower Manhattan) is another 'hood that packs them in. Then the subways are like sardine cans. This must have some sort of negative impact. Many of the old cities are like this…Chicago, Philly, Boston. Plus many of those cities are transfer points for people coming in from other countries. They have a lot going against them.

    I (in Tampa) can maintain social distancing and still move about to a certain degree. Some of those old cities would have a much harder time.

  5. #19910
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    49,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Why can't we just take the number of deaths due to sickness (do not count accidents, car crashes etc..) for the first quarter of the last few years and roughly assume that the increase for the same period in 2020 is from corona virus.

    Not very scientific but it would seem to indicate some sort of measurement.

    Someone said that in some European countries the death rate is not all that much higher than the normal death rate.

    I dunno.
    That’s not how science works.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #19911
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I would think how people live has a great effect. People in NYC live on top of one another. Co-Op city (inda Bronx) has something like 40,000 people in 18 buildings. Stuyvesant Town (lower Manhattan) is another 'hood that packs them in. Then the subways are like sardine cans. This must have some sort of negative impact. Many of the old cities are like this…Chicago, Philly, Boston. Plus many of those cities are transfer points for people coming in from other countries. They have a lot going against them.

    I (in Tampa) can maintain social distancing and still move about to a certain degree. Some of those old cities would have a much harder time.
    No doubt urban areas will suffer more (Staten Island, for instance, is in much better shape than the rest of the city), as will poorer areas in the same region (in terms of per capita deaths, Queens is measurably more deadly than Manhattan).

    The numbers from this pandemic will play out as they will, but like mass shootings that devastate a particular place in a short period of time (Newtown is 13 miles from me), certain locations will probably suffer much more than others.

    The national statistics will tell no story other than how the Trump administration responded.

  7. #19912
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,211
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    That’s not how science works.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It may be how reality works.

  8. #19913
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    It may be how reality works.
    Lol

  9. #19914
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    49,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    It may be how reality works.
    I don’t think you know what science is.

  10. #19915
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,211
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I don’t think you know what science is.
    Of course. But we always have you.

    Why not give Trump a call and see if you can get on his team. He needs all the experts he can get.

    As for reality, try this……

    There's two million cars moving in and out of Manhattan (the NYC Manhattan) on a given day, and there's two million cars driving around Nebraska on a given day. Which place do you think has the most accidents and deaths resulting from accidents????

    All I ever said (without any scientific background like you, and the urge to prover everyone wrong all the time) is that given the living conditions in places like NYC, that it is one of the worst possible places to be in these situations. Which is also why I, and most others, seriously doubt what the Chinese are saying.

    But I'm probably wrong.

  11. #19916
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    101,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    No doubt urban areas will suffer more (Staten Island, for instance, is in much better shape than the rest of the city), as will poorer areas in the same region (in terms of per capita deaths, Queens is measurably more deadly than Manhattan).

    The numbers from this pandemic will play out as they will, but like mass shootings that devastate a particular place in a short period of time (Newtown is 13 miles from me), certain locations will probably suffer much more than others.

    The national statistics will tell no story other than how the Trump administration responded.
    In nyc the poorer communities are getting hit harder.

    Is it because their the ones that continue to work? Probably.

  12. #19917
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    47,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Why can't we just take the number of deaths due to sickness (do not count accidents, car crashes etc..) for the first quarter of the last few years and roughly assume that the increase for the same period in 2020 is from corona virus.

    Not very scientific but it would seem to indicate some sort of measurement.

    Someone said that in some European countries the death rate is not all that much higher than the normal death rate.

    I dunno.
    "someone"

  13. #19918
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,211
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    "someone"
    Yeah, someone.

    With the myriad of articles, tweets, stories etc.…I read it or heard it somewhere. Don't know if it right or wrong. Just mentioning that I heard it somewhere or from someone.

    You can probably eliminate Lawrence the Irish Guy. Anyone else is a possibility.

  14. #19919
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    In nyc the poorer communities are getting hit harder.

    Is it because their the ones that continue to work? Probably.
    Or are poorer people less healthy to begin with

    Or more likely to live in crowded conditions

    Or less likely to practice social distancing

    Or more likely to take mass transit

    Plenty of reasons.

  15. #19920
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Or are poorer people less healthy to begin with

    Or more likely to live in crowded conditions

    Or less likely to practice social distancing

    Or more likely to take mass transit

    Plenty of reasons.
    Yes, I think that was part of his point..

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •