Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 500 of 638 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510550600 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 9569
  1. #7486
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    19,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Special, there's articles that say a lot of dumb ****. You post them all the time.

    Means nothing when 1 person writes an article about something that will never happen.
    it counters the argument that "nobody" is calling to repeal the 2nd Amendment. the left can't say "nobody" when that is incorrect. that is why some more Conservative people use this on social media as in see there are some.

    it should be nobody because the 2nd Amendment wont be repealed. it is also stupid because it only helps rally the other side in more support for the 2nd Amendment.

    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  2. #7487
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    83,184
    There are people arguing most amendments should be repealed. What’s your point? Hell I’m sure there are people arguing the 3rd Amendment should be repealed.

  3. #7488
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    4,074
    As far as overpopulation (mentioned earlier), it's an issue that nobody talks about because it doesn't get any attention. That's because a lot of people have children, and they don't want to admit to being part of the problem. Ever see the movie Soylent Green? That could be where we're headed as a planet.

  4. #7489
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,077
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    it counters the argument that "nobody" is calling to repeal the 2nd Amendment. the left can't say "nobody" when that is incorrect. that is why some more Conservative people use this on social media as in see there are some.

    it should be nobody because the 2nd Amendment wont be repealed. it is also stupid because it only helps rally the other side in more support for the 2nd Amendment.
    I can point you to a few articles where conservatives argue that we should cleanse the country for the white race. It’s a shame that all conservatives feel this way.

  5. #7490
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    83,184
    The problem is just as much or more that the food being produced has no real nutritional value.

  6. #7491
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,077
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The problem is just as much or more that the food being produced has no real nutritional value.
    And we use much more energy than we can collect from the sun.

  7. #7492
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    17,228
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    it counters the argument that "nobody" is calling to repeal the 2nd Amendment. the left can't say "nobody" when that is incorrect. that is why some more Conservative people use this on social media as in see there are some.

    it should be nobody because the 2nd Amendment wont be repealed. it is also stupid because it only helps rally the other side in more support for the 2nd Amendment.
    I didn't say "nobody"

    I said "liberals" as a whole don't want to ban all guns.

    Nuance isn't your thing though.
    Anthony Mantha Breakout 16-17



  8. #7493
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    None of your damn business,
    Posts
    8,848
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    As far as overpopulation (mentioned earlier), it's an issue that nobody talks about because it doesn't get any attention. That's because a lot of people have children, and they don't want to admit to being part of the problem. Ever see the movie Soylent Green? That could be where we're headed as a planet.
    They are working on synthetic meat. Taco Bell, awhile ago, got cracked for having less then (by federal standard) 50% meat by-product in their taco meat. With the price of meat sky-rocketing, we probably be eating "just like meat" product in a hundred years,.

  9. #7494
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,677
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    As far as overpopulation (mentioned earlier), it's an issue that nobody talks about because it doesn't get any attention. That's because a lot of people have children, and they don't want to admit to being part of the problem. Ever see the movie Soylent Green? That could be where we're headed as a planet.
    Yes, it is a non-starter as far as policy is concerned (China’s one-child rule led to all kinds of problems).

    I do not know if it’ll end up in the “Soylent Green” scenario, but it’s chuggin’ along:

    https://www.census.gov/popclock/

  10. #7495
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,678
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    As far as overpopulation (mentioned earlier), it's an issue that nobody talks about because it doesn't get any attention. That's because a lot of people have children, and they don't want to admit to being part of the problem. Ever see the movie Soylent Green? That could be where we're headed as a planet.
    Poorer countries like India and a lot of the ones in Africa are responsible for the overpopulation problems we're seeing.

  11. #7496
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    None of your damn business,
    Posts
    8,848
    LOL, Trump said''that everyone thinks he deserves the Nobel Peace Prize for his work on an agreement with North Korea'' (there was a agreement signed?) and here is were his humble nature shine thru," that he is more for a victory for the world than honors for himself" (what? no america first?).

    What a guy. What a guy, and who are these everyones he keep mentioning on various occasions?
    Last edited by WES445; 05-15-2018 at 02:44 PM.

  12. #7497
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    43,931

  13. #7498
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    17,228
    Gaza protests aren't because of the US Embassy! It's just that Muslims are a naturally angry people.
    Last edited by Ezekial; 05-15-2018 at 03:29 PM.
    Anthony Mantha Breakout 16-17



  14. #7499
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    indianpolis - north side
    Posts
    9,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Yes, it is a non-starter as far as policy is concerned (China’s one-child rule led to all kinds of problems).

    I do not know if it’ll end up in the “Soylent Green” scenario, but it’s chuggin’ along:

    https://www.census.gov/popclock/
    Only as long as we keep coming up with ways to feed everyone. Otherwise Malthus takes care of the problem. Solyent Green was a favorite movie of mine, but its science was a little fuzzy.

  15. #7500
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    indianpolis - north side
    Posts
    9,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Poorer countries like India and a lot of the ones in Africa are responsible for the overpopulation problems we're seeing.
    I read an article that posited the way to attack population problems is to raise living standards and empower women to make their own reproductive choices. Population problems are not a 1st world problem, but a 3rd world problem. As soon as women can stop having babies, they do so.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •