Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1763 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 76312631663171317531761176217631764176517731813 ... LastLast
Results 26,431 to 26,445 of 27643

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    How is anyone supposed to know that? Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity don't yell that at their audiences for hours a day.
    Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    California had 5,000,000 Republican votes even with them knowing Biden would win. Iím not going to sit here and say that going to a popular vote would make it a 50-50 state but it would undoubtedly get more California Republicans to vote and make the state closer. It would re-enfranchise all voters who are counter to their stateís lean. Republicans in California and New York as well as Democrats in Texas being disenfranchised by the system undoubtedly outnumber by a wide margin the votes disenfranchised by moving to a popular vote.
    Or just award each states electoral votes on a proportional basis. If one candidate doesnít get the most but they exceed say 40% of the vote, then they get X number of electoral votes. Or every state can do districts like Maine and Nebraska. Puts everything in play.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Or just award each states electoral votes on a proportional basis. If one candidate doesnít get the most but they exceed say 40% of the vote, then they get X number of electoral votes. Or every state can do districts like Maine and Nebraska. Puts everything in play.

no, no, no. Why the beep would California, Illinois, New York or any other big state give up 10+ electoral votes to republicans when red states like Wyoming, Idaho, South Dakota will give nothing back since they only have 1-2 district and odds are they would still stay red. If you want to proportionate electoral votes like Maine and Nebraska, then it should be that the 10 closest states in the previous presidential elections will be battleground states in the next election that will divide their electoral votes by district.

This would put both Florida, Pennsylvania other lean red/ lean blue states in play. It would repeat every 4 years with the next 10 closest states in the previous election etc etc. And they should just make it too that if you win the electoral college but not win the popular vote your VP needs to be of the opposing party and have at least 30% of your cabinet be off the opposing party.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Its "We the People"

Not "We the designated land mass."
    United what?

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    How do they do it in Canada?

missionary? doggy?
    maybe differently in the Igloos.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    Can you provide evidence that Iím not God?

Lol please tell me youíre not this dumb, itís an act right? Nobody, including me said Trump supporters looted or even rioted (although if you want: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...bc9_story.html). So Iím not sure why you want evidence of something not said other than to deflect and strawman.

Although if you want we can talk about how a Trump supporter walked to a protest, murdered people, and then was endorsed by Trump.

Thoughts on that?

No?

Go back to the kiddy table then, maybe you can read the Onion and think itís real lol
    https://lmgtfy.app/?q=what+is+self+defense

you think anyone that supports Trump is some terrorist cult, GTFO.

you are the type that media loves, easily manipulated.

I said, during the day. anyone can go ahead and show me Trump supporters during the day that were violent, the actual Trump supporters and not some far right (or far left) agitators that showed up at night.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Actually it would. Every vote in Wyoming for an R would cancel a D vote in California. And every R vote in California would actually mean something unlike now where itís wasted. Every vote would have the same value! As it is now California is worth 14 states + DC. So there already is a an uneven value to the states. If this was an election where the states picked the president then each state should get a vote. Is that a fair way to pick a president?
    that is what happens now, based on electoral voters from every state. if one wants to change the number of electoral votes a state would get then that is a different argument.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    missionary? doggy?
    Lol

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

United what?
    Airlines.

11. 11-19-2020, 11:08 AM
    Reason
    Please do not bait edit quotes - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    no, no, no. Why the beep would California, Illinois, New York or any other big state give up 10+ electoral votes to republicans when red states like Wyoming, Idaho, South Dakota will give nothing back since they only have 1-2 district and odds are they would still stay red. If you want to proportionate electoral votes like Maine and Nebraska, then it should be that the 10 closest states in the previous presidential elections will be battleground states in the next election that will divide their electoral votes by district.

This would put both Florida, Pennsylvania other lean red/ lean blue states in play. It would repeat every 4 years with the next 10 closest states in the previous election etc etc. And they should just make it too that if you win the electoral college but not win the popular vote your VP needs to be of the opposing party and have at least 30% of your cabinet be off the opposing party.
    Because those big states have lots of republicans in them whoís votes are pointless without a system like this.

I get it, you donít want republicans to win. Neither do I. But I think it evens out across the board and gets more people voting. It also doesnít have to be CA giving up 10 electoral votes. Maybe itís just a couple to get people motivated to vote.

It also means those blue spots in Montana, etc will get their share. It also means they have to campaign EVERYWHERE and voting turnout goes up.

We need a fairer representation of the people. Winner take all state electoral votes disenfranchises voters of the minority party in nonswing states.

Iím all for just going to the popular vote like every normal democracy in the world, but we know that battle is a lost cause with republicans.

We also need to fix the senate but thatís a whole other topic. Thereís just no way North Dakota and Texas should have equal representation in what has become the most powerful branch.

missionary? doggy?
    Haha good one

United what?
    I see how familiar you our with our constitution.....

Probably time to brush up on that one
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

United what?
    You don't even know about your own country, yet are trying to lecture people about the country they live in?

Laughably ridiculous.