Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1577 of 1657 FirstFirst ... 57710771477152715671575157615771578157915871627 ... LastLast
Results 23,641 to 23,655 of 24852
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I had an interesting experience yesterday in the fairly rural part of Maine where I now reside. There are no local ordinances re: wearing masks. Granted, this part of Maine (probably like South Dakota) has experienced limited effects of the pandemic.

Nonetheless, the local supermarket (Hannafordís) requires masks for employees and shoppers, and as best I could tell there was near 100% compliance amongst the shoppers and certainly among the employees.

I then went to the local hardware/building supply outlet (Hammondís). No stated requirement. Only one of the five employees I saw was wearing mask, and I was the only shopper wearing one.

My final stop. The local (very small) post office. There is a clear posted mandate not only for masks but a limit of one customer in at a time. The clerk was wearing a mask but neither of the two patrons were. I left without getting my mail.

We continue to send and receive mixed messages in our daily activities ó which to me means we are not at all serious about coming together to address the pandemic.

Frdm.
    Interesting. Iím just outside of Seattle. There are houses with Trump flags and there are houses with BLM signs (interestingly enough thereís one house that has both which I find refreshing).

Anywhere Iíve been everyone is wearing masks. Even at parks and hiking trails where you only need them if youíre within 6 feet of someone else. Iíve even seen a couple who wear both wearing MAGA masks.

Iíve only been here a year but overall there seems to be a culture of social responsibility here. Especially compared to my old area in LA where itís ďme me meĒ. Even the drivers here are great.

The minute Trump left this to the states, it was a mess. Should have let the CDC take the lead on all recommendations nationwide and control the information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I had an interesting experience yesterday in the fairly rural part of Maine where I now reside. There are no local ordinances re: wearing masks. Granted, this part of Maine (probably like South Dakota) has experienced limited effects of the pandemic.

Nonetheless, the local supermarket (Hannafordís) requires masks for employees and shoppers, and as best I could tell there was near 100% compliance amongst the shoppers and certainly among the employees.

I then went to the local hardware/building supply outlet (Hammondís). No stated requirement. Only one of the five employees I saw was wearing mask, and I was the only shopper wearing one.

My final stop. The local (very small) post office. There is a clear posted mandate not only for masks but a limit of one customer in at a time. The clerk was wearing a mask but neither of the two patrons were. I left without getting my mail.

We continue to send and receive mixed messages in our daily activities ó which to me means we are not at all serious about coming together to address the pandemic.

Frdm.
    People won't take it seriously until it actually hits them. And they could avoid it hitting them entirely if they would just take it seriously.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

In South Dakota, it's been the norm since businesses reopened for employees on a sales floor to wear a mask...100% compliance or you're unemployed. There has never been state mandates on it, most things during this entire time have been done at a community level (well here, that means municipal). The percentage of masks now is higher than it was back in March/April.

A couple weeks ago I had what were odd circumstances from my personal experience. I went to the grocery store, where masks by employees has been consistent for months, but the store's sign SUGGESTING a mask has gotten bigger. I'd guess 80+% of customers wore a mask. Yet another stop I made was at a farm supply store- my guess is 20% wore masks (tho still all employees did) so I thought....what's the difference in clientele? Oh, at the grocery store it was (because of the time) largely older people...at the other, it was largely farmers...only thing I could think of. Farmers are generally about as socially distant just in a normal day as anyone, so likely not in the habit of masks.

When leaving the grocery store I ran into someone I mistook as the same person whom I'd helped temporarily fix a problem with his vehicle a couple weeks earlier....the vehicle he got out of was even the same. All I said was 'I see you got your truck fixed.' He thought I must be commenting on the fact he was about to walk into the store without a mask and said, 'I'm only going to be in there a few minutes.'

While IN the store, and I have never run into this here or heard of anyone here running into it. I was checking out and the store's procedure has for months been the person next in line waits 6 feet back (spots even marked on the floor) and wait not just for the current person to be finished, but for the cashier to wipe down the conveyor. Well, this gal behind me started unloading her cart while the cashier was still checking me out. I said, 'They want you to wait for him to clean the belt after he's done with my stuff.' I'm wearing a mask, she's not...and she says 'oh, you're one of THOSE'. I looked at her, then looked at her husband and said, 'and you get to go home with this one' ....to which he just sheepishly acknowledged yes, he did.
    Last edited by SiteWolf; 08-13-2020 at 11:42 AM.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Very alpha to refuse to fund the most popular federal agency in an effort to win an election. Thank you for trying to destroy the USPS, Mr. President. You've shown us that there is truly no level Republicans won't stoop to to make it as hard as possible for people to vote. Of course, it's because you love democracy and freedom so much!
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    In South Dakota, it's been the norm since businesses reopened for employees on a sales floor to wear a mask...100% compliance or you're unemployed. There has never been state mandates on it, most things during this entire time have been done at a community level (well here, that means municipal). The percentage of masks now is higher than it was back in March/April.

A couple weeks ago I had what were odd circumstances from my personal experience. I went to the grocery store, where masks by employees has been consistent for months, but the store's sign SUGGESTING a mask has gotten bigger. I'd guess 80+% of customers wore a mask. Yet another stop I made was at a farm supply store- my guess is 20% wore masks (tho still all employees did) so I thought....what's the difference in clientele? Oh, at the grocery store it was (because of the time) largely older people...at the other, it was largely farmers...only thing I could think of. Farmers are generally about as socially distant just in a normal day as anyone, so likely not in the habit of masks.

When leaving the grocery store I ran into someone I mistook as the same person whom I'd helped temporarily fix a problem with his vehicle a couple weeks earlier....the vehicle he got out of was even the same. All I said was 'I see you got your truck fixed.' He thought I must be commenting on the fact he was about to walk into the store without a mask and said, 'I'm only going to be in there a few minutes.'

While IN the store, and I have never run into this here or heard of anyone here running into it. I was checking out and the store's procedure has for months been the person next in line waits 6 feet back (spots even marked on the floor) and wait not just for the current person to be finished, but for the cashier to wipe down the conveyor. Well, this gal behind me started unloading her cart while the cashier was still checking me out. I said, 'They want you to wait for him to clean the belt after he's done with my stuff.' I'm wearing a mask, she's not...and she says 'oh, you're one of THOSE'. I looked at her, then looked at her husband and said, 'and you get to go home with this one' ....to which he just sheepishly acknowledged yes, he did.
    lol, cmon man, you can't be talking about a man's wife like that.

That's fighting words...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, cmon man, you can't be talking about a man's wife like that.

That's fighting words...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    the look on his face was priceless....like he fully agreed with me, but HE'S not wearing the pants in that family, so it's a lotta 'yes dear' for him
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Lol

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Do your boi admits that he is purposely trying to **** the usps because he is afraid of losing the election.

Again another example of the law and order president doing his best to defend the constitution.

You shut your filthy mouth! Donnie is a good boi!!1!

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish we were a central american country and some other central american country was us so they could do a coup on us and justify it by pointing to how blatantly anti-Democratic our government is. It would certainly be more justified than many of the regime changes we've supported.

Except we all know we don't do coup on right-winger governments.

Anyways. Dumb point. But Trump wanting to defund the USPS for the expressed purpose of voter suppression is indefensible. Well, I mean...we all know who will jump in here and defend it. It's pathetic honestly. And there's no way it works out well for him politically. People love the USPS and so, so, so many people rely on it for essentials.

We all know it but he's a cruel person motivated by nothing at all other than his narcissism. This is peak Trump.
    HELLO

So Cohens book teases at possible Golden Showers. Lol

#IBelieveInThePissTape
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    How about that middle eastern peace deal?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Sold!
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella