Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1115 of 1153 FirstFirst ... 115615101510651105111311141115111611171125 ... LastLast
Results 16,711 to 16,725 of 17285
  1. #16711
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,778
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Thank goodness Trump backed down from his ridiculous plan to host the G7 in his ridiculous Doral property.
    Second request for a response to this post………

    I asked earlier……

    Didn't realize you were ever there to be qualified to call it a "ridiculous property."

    I was there a long time ago (long before Trump got involved with it) and thought it was a pretty nice place.

    What did you find "ridiculous" about it???


    If you have no answer, why can't you admit just admit it???

    Or are you just throwing some BS out there against Trump and expecting it to stick…pretty much what the media does every day.

    Again…what is ridiculous about his resort???

  2. #16712
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,654
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    was it quid pro quo when aid was also withheld when Obama was President. I must have missed Obama being impeached or the media making it a big deal.

    we have on record it being said that Trump did not want any quid pro quo. we have Mick Mulvaney clarifying that there was no quid pro quo. you would rather ignore this.










    you didn't ask me a question. you asked a question to thomass. I replied to your post with 2 questions of my own.

    I didn't vote yesterday, don't really care.

    I keep answering the questions that you ask me, why can't you do the same.
    Are you kidding! You don’t care and didn’t vote yesterday? I’m sorry but if you can’t even muster up the energy to have even the slightest clue what is going on in your own country and taking the time to vote then you really don’t have an opinion worth listening to regarding anything else political, anywhere.

  3. #16713
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    90,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Second request for a response to this post………

    I asked earlier……

    Didn't realize you were ever there to be qualified to call it a "ridiculous property."

    I was there a long time ago (long before Trump got involved with it) and thought it was a pretty nice place.

    What did you find "ridiculous" about it???


    If you have no answer, why can't you admit just admit it???

    Or are you just throwing some BS out there against Trump and expecting it to stick…pretty much what the media does every day.

    Again…what is ridiculous about his resort???
    I call it Bed Bug Doral.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  4. #16714
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    47,643
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Oh the humanity! Talk about seeking out things to get upset about.
    See. This is the response people give to every individual incident and ignore the entire pile that accrues.

  5. #16715
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    22,119
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I don't know about Obama, was his withholding aid predicated on opening an investigation into a political opponent like Trump's was?

    As for ignoring those things, what are you talking about? Mick Mulvaney actually admitted there was Quid Pro Quo before clarifying. Why are you ignoring that he admitted there was Quid Pro Quo?

    And as for the record saying Trump didn't want Quid Pro Quo, that was texted in a text thread 5 hours after saying there was Quid Pro Quo and calling the President to do damage control. There's also the fact that the person who texted that said this:

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...859_story.html

    “It’s only true that the president said it, not that it was the truth,”


    Like at this point, it's pretty obvious there was a Quid Pro Quo. Those that are denying it at this point are blind Trump supporters.

    the Ukraine situation was not about a political opponent.
    what you have is people with a political agenda desperately needing to have people gullible enough to believe that this could have only been political opponent despite evidence contradicting that.







    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Are you kidding! You don’t care and didn’t vote yesterday? I’m sorry but if you can’t even muster up the energy to have even the slightest clue what is going on in your own country and taking the time to vote then you really don’t have an opinion worth listening to regarding anything else political, anywhere.
    I didn't vote because I didn't know enough about who was running and for what. I could have easily voted for whoever, but I didn't want to vote that way. I have no idea what is going on in Canadian politics, but I am more interested and know more about American politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  6. #16716
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2
    Increasing demand and advancement of technology has created a need for cyber security. One cannot imagine their day without computer, internet, email or other cyber stuff. But, the cyber world is full of threats, different kind of attacks, snooping and malicious software. So we need a special security system which can protect our cyberspace from any attack and malfunctioning. Norton antivirus offers complete protection against any digital threat. Norton.com/setup | norton.com/setup | norton.com/setup

  7. #16717
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    30,289
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    the Ukraine situation was not about a political opponent.
    what you have is people with a political agenda desperately needing to have people gullible enough to believe that this could have only been political opponent despite evidence contradicting that.
    So your argument is that Trump did engage in Quid Pro Quo with Ukraine over opening an investigation into Biden and his son however it's OK because Biden is technically not his political opponent?

    OK, it's still illegal. So thank you for admitting it.

  8. #16718
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    22,119
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So your argument is that Trump did engage in Quid Pro Quo with Ukraine over opening an investigation into Biden and his son however it's OK because Biden is technically not his political opponent?

    OK, it's still illegal. So thank you for admitting it.
    do you always ignore what has already been posted.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    we have on record it being said that Trump did not want any quid pro quo. we have Mick Mulvaney clarifying that there was no quid pro quo. you would rather ignore this.
    we argue in circles because you want to ignore this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  9. #16719
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    90,497
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So your argument is that Trump did engage in Quid Pro Quo with Ukraine over opening an investigation into Biden and his son however it's OK because Biden is technically not his political opponent?

    OK, it's still illegal. So thank you for admitting it.
    Technically the investigation is into Donald Trump Jr, Eric Trump, and Ivanka Trump; so they aren't Biden's political opponents. That makes it OK!
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  10. #16720
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    22,119
    Trump should not have said the Emoluments Clause was phony. he would have to explain what he meant by phony.

    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...oral-criticism


    Trump dismisses 'phony Emoluments Clause' after Doral criticism
    on Monday dismissed criticism that his since-reversed plan to host the Group of Seven (G-7) summit at his Doral property would have led to an ethics violation.

    "I don't think you people, with this phony Emoluments Clause — and by the way, I would say that it's cost anywhere from $2 billion to $5 billion to be president," Trump said during a Cabinet meeting at the White House.

    The Emoluments Clause prohibits elected federal officials from receiving gifts or contributions from foreign governments. Trump has repeatedly claimed the presidency has cost him billions of dollars.

    Trump offered a lengthy defense of using his Doral resort near Miami to host next year's G-7 summit, and lashed out amid questions about the backlash to his earlier decision.

    Trump insisted that he would not have profited off hosting world leaders, scores of journalists and other staff at his family's property near Miami. The president announced Saturday the White House would find a new location for the summit following criticism from lawmakers on both sides of the aisle.

    “It would have been the best G-7 ever," Trump told reporters during a Cabinet meeting, adding that he felt the eventual location would not be as good.

    "The Democrats went crazy, even though I would have done it free, saved the country a lot of money," he added. "Then they say, 'Oh, but you'll get promotion.' Who cares? You don't think I get enough promotion? I get more promotion than any human being that's ever lived."

    Trump, who turned over control of his business empire to his sons but did not put his assets in a blind trust, again criticized former President Obama for his book deal and contract with Netflix, both of which were agreed to after Obama left the White House.

    "Other presidents were wealthy. Not huge wealth... but they ran their businesses," Trump said. "George Washington, they say, had two desks. He had a presidential desk and a business desk.

    Acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney announced during a press conference on Thursday that the Doral resort would host the G-7 summit in June. He said the Trump family property was chosen after White House teams scouted a dozen properties as potential sites.

    The announcement drew swift backlash. Critics called it a blatant effort to enrich the president's family business.

    Even some Republicans had expressed unease with the decision, viewing it as difficult to defend during an impeachment inquiry targeting Trump and shortly after the president's withdrawal of troops from northern Syria.

    Trump reportedly made the decision to pick a new G-7 summit location following a call with Republicans on Saturday.

    Democrats have long alleged that Trump has used the presidency to bolster his business empire, citing frequent stays by administration officials and foreign representatives at Trump branded properties.

    A lawsuit filed by congressional Democrats alleging Trump is violating the Emoluments Clause is working its way through the court system.

    Trump during the Cabinet meeting said Doral would have been the "best location" for a G-7 meeting.

    "Unlimited for security because it's on you know, hundreds of acres. Best location. Right next to the airport, Miami International, one of the biggest airports in the world," he said. "Some people say it's the biggest, but one of the biggest airports in the world, only minutes away. It would have been great."
    this from the above article..
    Trump has repeatedly claimed the presidency has cost him billions of dollars.
    ..is backed up by NBC.

    https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...sident-n916221

    Trump has lost $1 billion in personal wealth since running for president
    The presidency has been bad for Donald Trump's finances, with his personal net worth falling from $4.5 billion to $3.1 billion over the past two years, according to the latest Forbes billionaires list.

    Trump dropped 138 spots to 259 on the Forbes 400, an annual measure of the richest people in the U.S. During that same period, Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos rose to the top spot, with an estimated fortune 52 times greater than that of the president, at $160 billion.

    Forbes attributed the decline of Trump's fortune to three main factors: e-commerce eating into the value of Trump's real estate holdings, the intrusion of heightened security at Trump's resorts, and Trump's own over-reporting of the size of his penthouse.

    "Much as he's trying — and he's definitely trying — Donald Trump is not getting richer off the presidency," according to Forbes.

    Revenue from Trump-branded ties, whiskies, MAGA hats and other merchandise has plummeted to just $3 million from $23 million in 2015. “He has significantly tarnished the brand,” licensing expert Jeff Lotman told Forbes.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  11. #16721
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,654
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    the Ukraine situation was not about a political opponent.
    what you have is people with a political agenda desperately needing to have people gullible enough to believe that this could have only been political opponent despite evidence contradicting that.









    I didn't vote because I didn't know enough about who was running and for what. I could have easily voted for whoever, but I didn't want to vote that way. I have no idea what is going on in Canadian politics, but I am more interested and know more about American politics.
    Are you new to Canada or just completely oblivious?

  12. #16722
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    90,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Are you new to Canada or just completely oblivious?
    Welcome to the Politics Forum, it's very nice to meet you. Because it ain't new.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  13. #16723
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    22,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Are you new to Canada or just completely oblivious?
    I don't follow Canadian politics. I would hope that anyone voting in any country would know about who is running and form an educated opinion on who they should vote for. I didn't want to take the time to do that so I didn't vote. I'm not talking about this anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  14. #16724
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    30,289
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    do you always ignore what has already been posted.

    we argue in circles because you want to ignore this.
    I did not ignore it, I addressed it, here was my post:

    Mick Mulvaney actually admitted there was Quid Pro Quo before clarifying. Why are you ignoring that he admitted there was Quid Pro Quo?

    And as for the record saying Trump didn't want Quid Pro Quo, that was texted in a text thread 5 hours after saying there was Quid Pro Quo and calling the President to do damage control. There's also the fact that the person who texted that said this:

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...859_story.html

    “It’s only true that the president said it, not that it was the truth,”



    So actually neither of those things refute it was Quid Pro Quo. So why did you ignore what I just posted to regurgitate things that don't prove it wasn't Quid Pro Quo?

  15. #16725
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    90,497
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I did not ignore it, I addressed it, here was my post:

    Mick Mulvaney actually admitted there was Quid Pro Quo before clarifying. Why are you ignoring that he admitted there was Quid Pro Quo?

    And as for the record saying Trump didn't want Quid Pro Quo, that was texted in a text thread 5 hours after saying there was Quid Pro Quo and calling the President to do damage control. There's also the fact that the person who texted that said this:

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...859_story.html

    “It’s only true that the president said it, not that it was the truth,”



    So actually neither of those things refute it was Quid Pro Quo. So why did you ignore what I just posted to regurgitate things that don't prove it wasn't Quid Pro Quo?
    They've already moved onto the 5th stage of dealing with a Trump crisis. Mulvaney said "get over it". That's the signal to MAGA that what Trump did was just fine and there are absolutely no issues legal or otherwise with whatever Trump did. Gear up for the next fight!
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •