Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1097 of 1156 FirstFirst ... 97597997104710871095109610971098109911071147 ... LastLast
Results 16,441 to 16,455 of 17331
    Matt Gaetz may be the biggest loser in politics. Either him or Gym Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So what do you think Trump meant by his comments about doing what we did back in the day?

What do you think Trump meant when he said he wanted to ensure Ukraine was committed to stopping corruption before he agreed to anything?
    What do you think Obama meant when he said they would have more flexibility after the election?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why wonít the house actually vote on the impeachment inquiry? Is it because then republicans would have subpoena power and be able to subpoena anyone they want?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Why wonít the house actually vote on the impeachment inquiry? Is it because then republicans would have subpoena power and be able to subpoena anyone they want?

That's definitely part of it, but more importantly they can continue keeping out Republicans from all and every interview that they conduct while releasing portioned and partisan evidence through the media.

No worries. It will backfire as it has for the last 3 years. They have zero precedent or legal legs to stand on.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

There is no need for a formal vote since the House rules allow for single party subpoena power. The vote would achieve nothing since federal judges have been rather deferential to the Houseís power to run standard investigations.

What changes if the House takes an unnecessary vote?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    There is no need for a formal vote since the House rules allow for single party subpoena power. The vote would achieve nothing since federal judges have been rather deferential to the Houseís power to run standard investigations.

What changes if the House takes an unnecessary vote?
    It achieves nothing but shows how much of a partisan witch-hunt this inquiry is.

Itís all politics. Using impeachment to try and undo an election

It achieves nothing but shows how much of a partisan witch-hunt this inquiry is.

Weird that the founders gave us impeachment if they thought it was about reversing an election. Thatís a stupid argument against impeachment.

What do you think Obama meant when he said they would have more flexibility after the election?

He was referring to his upcoming Yoga retreat at Camp David. Obviously.

Nope. Itís. Cause itíll pass and jeopardize Dem representatives who won in Trump districts in 2018.

This is why Pelosi has been against impeachment.

Uh oh. Theyíre busting out ďwitch huntĒ again. Itís like a greatest hits of mindless jargon.

Lock her up!

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    In case anyone needs more reason to quit both parties and vote independently:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop...osi-from-house
    To be fair it's a joke at this point. The GOP and Democrats are both a circus with a clown president.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Nope. Itís. Cause itíll pass and jeopardize Dem representatives who won in Trump districts in 2018.

This is why Pelosi has been against impeachment.

Yeah thatís part of it and another part is that they wouldnít be able to subpoena people unless the vote happens (Republicans)

But again itís all politics and next election

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    To be fair it's a joke at this point. The GOP and Democrats are both a circus with a clown president.
    The mainstream (read, the neoliberals: Clintons/Obama/Pelosi/Schumer/Biden) Democrats are the big losers here.

While this has been far, far from a witch hunt, once again they have been manipulated into allowing ďdump TrumpĒ to override any positive messaging, messaging they desperately need in order to attract vital support (and maybe even do the country some good).

I think they should kick it to the supreme court and we'll see what Justice Garland has to say about it. Oh that's right, it's not the behavior you have a problem with, it's the party. Do you believe in anything?

Good question. I'll answer yours if you answer mine.