Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1655 of 1655 FirstFirst ... 6551155155516051645165316541655
Results 24,811 to 24,818 of 24818
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    You're an adult in college and can think for yourself, so your opinion article doesn't really concern me

What liberal lean for a biology professor are you concerned about?
    ...evolution...it's like you're not even trying to be taken seriously.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    It is kinda crazy that after meeting with Trump NK is laundering money through US banks at a time when we’re sanctioning the hell out of them.

Wreaks of a Pompeo deal....or maybe it’s a sting lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lmao, I just read about this yesterday!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Lmao, I just read about this yesterday!
    But no mattere what, make sure you lock up the protesters.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    But no mattere what, make sure you lock up the protesters.
    #LockThemUp
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    if it was impossible that Trump saw literally anyone cheering, then what he said would be a lie.

that is so insignificant in the bigger picture that people were cheering.
    So you agree he lied. Great. So you will stop posting that he exaggerated from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    You're an adult in college and can think for yourself, so your opinion article doesn't really concern me

What liberal lean for a biology professor are you concerned about?
    students in college or university are not impressionable? how precious.

you said one thing about k-12. can you support that?

I see this.

https://www.pacificresearch.org/why-...ostly-liberal/

Why Are Teachers Mostly Liberal?
    April 03, 2019
    The wave of teacher strikes across the country, with their focus on killing education reforms such as charter schools, have focused attention on the ideology of teachers. Many Americans are now asking: “Why are teachers so liberal?”

Tom Rademacher, a Minnesota teacher of the year who writes for the Education Post, says that teachers “are mostly liberals,” and the evidence backs him up.

The Washington Post reported on research, conducted by Verdant Labs using political-contribution data, on the Democrat-Republican divide based on job type.

While it unsurprising that among actors and actresses there are 90 Democrats for every 10 Republicans, many would be amazed to discover that teachers are actually as liberal or even more so than those in acting.

Among English teachers, there are 97 Democrats for every three Republicans, with the proportion being even more one-sided among health teachers, with 99 Democrats for every one Republican.

While there are slightly more Republicans among math and science teachers, among high school teachers overall, there are 87 Democrats for every 13 Republicans.
    It is important to understand the influence of schools of education, which train prospective teachers, on the political and ideological leanings of teachers.

Dr. Greg Forster, Friedman Fellow at the school-choice organization EdChoice and a top education researcher, last year wrote that university education schools indoctrinate future teachers in left-wing ideology.

“Peruse the course catalog of any major education school, or read the Twitter feeds of the professors,” observes Forster, and you will “find yourself swimming in an ocean of hard-left ideology: ‘critical theory’ that says there is no truth, only power; ‘intersectionality’ that says you’re not allowed to be right about anything unless you’re right (that is, left) about everything; cheerleading for every fashionable left-leaning cause.”

Forster notes, “The central concept in the ideology that rules education schools, with an iron fist, is that real pedagogy means the liberation of the oppressed.”

Forster emphasizes that in the prevailing worldview at education schools, “Liberation means left-wingery because left-wingery means liberation.”

Forster’s observations mirror my own research, co-authored with Gwynne Spann, on California schools of education.
    The best alternative, then, is to give parents school-choice options, such as education savings accounts for private school, since schools of choice can often hire teachers based on subject-mater knowledge rather than on an ed school credential.

University schools of education worry about school choice breaking their teacher-training monopoly, says Greg Forster, “but maybe they should have thought about that before letting their curricula slide into an unproductive ideological Never-Never Land.”

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    students in college or university are not impressionable? how precious.

you said one thing about k-12. can you support that?

I see this.

https://www.pacificresearch.org/why-...ostly-liberal/
    I think that raises the question of why such a high percentage of well educated people with middle class jobs aren’t Republicans?

Another thing to consider is who makes the curriculum? You can have Democrats, Republicans, anarchists, communists, etc teaching but if the curriculum is set up one way that’s how it’s presented. Imagine most teachers are more concerned with keeping their job and not rocking the boat than challenging the curriculum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    I think that raises the question of why such a high percentage of well educated people with middle class jobs aren’t Republicans?

Another thing to consider is who makes the curriculum? You can have Democrats, Republicans, anarchists, communists, etc teaching but if the curriculum is set up one way that’s how it’s presented. Imagine most teachers are more concerned with keeping their job and not rocking the boat than challenging the curriculum.
    curriculum is something I've mentioned. are they simply teaching the curriculum, or pushing their Liberal opinion. if they were just teaching the curriculum and not offering political opinion it wouldn't matter their political side, but from what I've read that isn't happening and that has been the problem.

if Conservative teachers were pushing more of their political opinion or Christian values, I guarantee the left would be upset.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome