Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1018 of 1107 FirstFirst ... 1851891896810081016101710181019102010281068 ... LastLast
Results 15,256 to 15,270 of 16604
    Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    I think you meant pathetic. I could be wrong
    Why not both?

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Why not both?
    You would know better than me. I kinda just got here.

People who try to control what other people do have problems
    Meh. If it helps unsuspecting children to not take a lifestyle that could potentially kill them, don't see the harm.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Meh. If it helps unsuspecting children to not take a lifestyle that could potentially kill them, don't see the harm.
    ****. I grew up watching small wonder. It was a show from the 80s about a man who made a girl robot and tried to raise her like she was his own real daughter. I was watching this when I was like 7 or 8. Back when people were innocent af.
    Look at this ****... This is ME!
    I turned into this robot and its not like booze and cigarettes weren't illegal when I was 10. Kids are exposed to way worse **** than this nowadays. You are straight TRIPPING if you think they wont find a way. I did. That robot was a bad *****.

****. I grew up watching small wonder. It was a show from the 80s about a man who made a girl robot and tried to raise her like she was his own real daughter. I was watching this when I was like 7 or 8. Back when people were innocent af.
    Look at this ****... This is ME!
    I turned into this robot and its not like booze and cigarettes weren't illegal when I was 10. Kids are exposed to way worse **** than this nowadays. You are straight TRIPPING if you think they wont find a way. I did. That robot was a bad *****.
    I hear all of that but kinda ammussing peddling. Vapes are geared to the young people that are not addicted to tobacco, however now that their addidicted to nicotine, what do you think there next resource turns to? Cigarettes or chew. Bumping that next teir of nicotine that will only make them cigarette dependent. And we all know what cigs can/will do to you.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

I hear all of that but kinda ammussing peddling. Vapes are geared to the young people that are not addicted to tobacco, however now that their addidicted to nicotine, what do you think there next resource turns to? Cigarettes or chew. Bumping that next teir of nicotine that will only make them cigarette dependent. And we all know what cigs can/will do to you.
    Dude. Ive done it all. Never got addicted to anything. You either will or you wont but banning stuff only makes it sexier. There's Nothing you can do to stop kids. I was SO unstoppable... On top of that, believe it or not, I was also a very sweet kid... A deadly combination. No one suspected a thing. I dont know what kind of kid you were but I loved breaking rules. I still do. Always been good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Evolution the way Darwin describes it is basically impossible. Darwin himself wasn't quite sure about his theory and he thought that the future years would validate his claims, they haven't. They have actually gotten worse for him. The theory of Darwin's evolution has become a religion to too many people.
    What parts specifically are you talking about? Because you're wrong on essentially every point you made.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    serious question, where would be a better place for Trump to negotiate with them?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    anyone?
    so this is a no. I thought for sure people would want to talk about how Trump was wrong for inviting the Taliban to America.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ifornia-report

Trump pushing for crackdown on homeless camps in California: report
    President Trump has directed officials to crack down on homelessness in California, The Washington Post reported Tuesday, citing four government officials familiar with the matter.

Officials have reportedly discussed getting homeless people off the streets in areas including Los Angeles and into government-backed facilities. The Post reported that the talks have ramped up in recent weeks.

Two officials told the Post that ideas such as tearing down existing homeless camps and creating new facilities or refurbishing old ones to give the federal government more control over health care and housing are being considered.

The administration reportedly has not completed a final plan.

Officials from the White House, Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and Domestic Policy Council were in California this week for discussions, according to the Post. Officials said that Los Angeles' "skid row" area was one focus.

A White House official confirmed to The Hill that there is a team in California for fact finding and learning more about the issue.

White House spokesman Judd Deere told The Hill in a statement that Trump "has directed his team to ...develop a range of policy options for consideration to deal with this tragedy."

“Like many Americans, the President has taken notice of the homelessness crisis, particularly in cities and states where the liberal policies of overregulation, excessive taxation, and poor public service delivery are combining to dramatically increase poverty and public health risks," Deere said.

He also noted that Trump in June signed an executive order to "confront the regulatory barriers to affordable housing development."

The Hill has reached out to HUD for comment.

Alex Comisar, a spokesperson for Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti (D), told The Hill in a statement that the mayor's office learned "very recently" that the administration plans to visit the city "to learn more about our strategies for responding to the homelessness crisis."

"We welcome them and look forward to showing them our work to confront this humanitarian emergency," Comisar said.

The president in recent months has sparred with some California leaders over issues facing their area.

“Nearly half of all the homeless people living in the streets in America happen to live in the state of California. What they are doing to our beautiful California is a disgrace to our country. It’s a shame," Trump said at a campaign rally last month.

He also wrote in July that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-Calif.) San Francisco-area district was "failing badly."

The president told Fox News earlier this year that he may get involved in the issue in California.

"We may intercede. We may do something to get that whole thing cleaned up," he said. "It's inappropriate. Now, we have to take the people and we have to do something. We're really not very equipped as a government to be doing that kind of work."
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...potential-site

Trump officials tour empty California FAA facility as potential site to relocate homeless: report
    California facility once used by the Federal Aviation Administration was toured by a team of Trump administration officials searching for sites to relocate the state’s homeless population, The Washington Post reported Wednesday.

The Post, citing three government officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity, reports the facility that was toured is located in or near Los Angeles.

One official told the paper Trump, who is expected to visit California on Tuesday and Wednesday, said there were discussions about an announcement related to the homelessness problem in the state next week. A second official told the paper that a decision is not currently scheduled for the trip.
    it's good to see that something is being dome about the homeless problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

They're putting flavoring into the vapes, which by default makes them more targeted towards children. The federal government rightfully banned flavored cigarettes other than menthol in 2009 and I'm glad that they are considering the same here. They make candy flavored vapes. If anyone wants to honestly tell me that's targeted at adults, then I have some snake oil they can buy.

I'm glad to see we're on the same side on this one. This seems just about as simple as can be to me.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    They're putting flavoring into the vapes, which by default makes them more targeted towards children. The federal government rightfully banned flavored cigarettes other than menthol in 2009 and I'm glad that they are considering the same here. They make candy flavored vapes. If anyone wants to honestly tell me that's targeted at adults, then I have some snake oil they can buy.

I'm glad to see we're on the same side on this one. This seems just about as simple as can be to me.
    And those candy cigarettes they made in the 80s weren't? Get the hell out of here. Your stupid ban wont work.

And those candy cigarettes they made in the 80s weren't? Get the hell out of here. Your stupid ban wont work.
    Maybe you should check the smoking rates over time in this country. It absolutely did work.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Maybe you should check the smoking rates over time in this country. It absolutely did work.

What worked?

What worked?
    The US government and state government's approach to limit cigarette smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I don't have any opinion since I don't vape and I've never been negatively impacted by a vaper in my life...but it's just wild how quickly the government will act on this when they've completely given up on acting on things that are actually killing a sizable portion of this population (guns, the health insurance industry, saving the Earth, etc.). Maybe that's why it happened so quickly. "Assuredly people can't think we care about saving American lives...but hey, this dumb vaping thing? Let's just ban that! That'll work!"
    Every step, however little, is a step, but as far as the big picture is concerned, your observation is not unwarranted.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._United_States
    Last edited by Crovash; 09-12-2019 at 12:49 PM.