Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1016 of 1113 FirstFirst ... 1651691696610061014101510161017101810261066 ... LastLast
Results 15,226 to 15,240 of 16681
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I think everyone was laughing at him not because he mentioned Alabama, but because he drew in his own fake sharpie lines in his own graphic lol

I actually just saw it yesterday, I was dying
    I believe the national.weather service initially said Alabama may be affected, and so trump was going off of earlier outdated info. Honestly its not a big deal that he said that

The reason its so funny is because he got super defensive when people.were mentioning his info is outdated, and then he drew in his own lines on the weather map to show Alabama, lolll, and then did you guys see his responses when reporters were asking him about the doctored map? lmaooo, that **** had me rolling. His sharpie drawing did too.

Wtf is going on in this man's head??
    the media was already attacking Trump before he showed this image with a sharpie lines to include Alabama. if there was evidence that Trump is the one that used this sharpie and he still used this image, then that deserves criticism. I find it unlikely that Trump was the one that did this, but of course some will believe literally anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Donald Trump invited the leader of the Taliban to Camp David right around 9/11. If Obama has done that, it would have been considered treason and wholly unacceptable.

serious question, where would be a better place for Trump to negotiate with them?
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

serious question, where would be a better place for Trump to negotiate with them?
    ideally it's not a great look to have the Taliban at Camp David, but if the agenda is the negotiate peace, where is better?

https://dailycaller.com/2019/09/09/t...david-taliban/

Trump Defends Plan To Use Camp David For Taliban Meeting — He Didn’t Want To Use White House
    President Donald Trump spoke to reporters Monday, defending his plan to hold the now-canceled meeting with Taliban leaders and Afghan president Ashraf Ghani at Camp David.

Addressing a gaggle of reporters on the White House lawn ahead of his departure early Monday afternoon, Trump pointed out that a possible alternative would have been the White House — and that would have been criticized as well.

The president began by confirming what he said via tweet late Saturday night about the fact that there had been a meeting scheduled and he had called it off in response to the suicide attack that killed an American soldier.

“You are talking about war. There are meetings with war otherwise wars would never end,” he explained. “You would have been going forever. We had a meeting scheduled. It was my idea, and it was my idea to terminate it. I didn’t discuss it with anybody else. When I heard, very simply, that they killed one of our soldiers and 12 other innocent people, I said ‘There is no way I’m meeting on that basis. There is no meeting.’ They made a mistake.”

Trump then echoed the explanation offered Sunday by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, pointing out the fact that a number of unsavory characters had come through Camp David in the name of negotiations.

Camp David holds meetings with a lot of people and pretty tough customers and pretty bad people,” the president added. “There have been plenty of so-called bad people brought up to Camp David for meetings. And the alternative was the White House, and you would not be happy with that either. So Camp David would have been a good place, but I don’t want to meet under circumstances where they go around and try to make themselves a little bit more important by killing a soldier, by killing actually also a great native soldier in addition to our soldier, and also a total of 12 people. I don’t want that. But Camp David has had many meetings, and I guess people would not have considered politically correct.”

Pompeo explained it in more or less the same way when he spoke with Chris Wallace on “Fox News Sunday,” saying, “we don’t get to negotiate with good guys” to end wars and noting that a number of bad actors had spent time in negotiations at Camp David.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...david-n1051211

Pompeo defends plan to host Taliban leaders at Camp David
    "President Trump ultimately made the decision," Pompeo said. "He said: 'I want to talk to President Ghani. I want to talk to these Taliban negotiators.'"
    Hours after President Donald Trump called off a secret meeting between the U.S., Afghan leaders, and the Taliban at Camp David, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Sunday defended the decision to invite Taliban leaders to the U.S. in the first place.

During an interview with NBC's "Meet the Press," host Chuck Todd pressed Pompeo on whether "it was appropriate to have the Taliban set foot on Camp David" given the area's historical significance.

Pompeo responded by saying that while there were "lots of discussions" about the issue, "The president ultimately made the decision that if we could get that, if we could get commitments and then put in place a verification regime that would give us confidence that we could observe that those commitments were being honored, that it was a useful effort to try and get all of those parties in one place so that we could have serious conversations about how to reduce America's risk so that there won't be other secretaries of state that have to travel to Dover to go see these amazing American heroes who have given so much for our country."

Pompeo made similar comments on "Fox News Sunday," telling host Chris Wallace that, "President Trump ultimately made the decision. He said: 'I want to talk to (Afghan) President (Ashraf) Ghani. I want to talk to these Taliban negotiators. I want to look them in the eye. I want to see if we can get to the final outcome that we needed so we could sign off on the deal so we found that arrangement acceptable.'"

"And we concluded this was a perfectly appropriate place," he added. "You know the history of Camp David. Lots of bad folks have come through that place."

CNN..
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/09/polit...ban/index.html

The pine-shaded cabins at Camp David have hosted secret peace summits between Middle Eastern leaders and high-stakes gatherings of major heads of state. For President Donald Trump, the mountainside retreat offered visions of another diplomatic coup: clandestine talks between US, Afghan and Taliban officials that could end America's longest war.

Even opposition from within his own national security team, including Vice President Mike Pence, could not deter Trump from pressing forward with his plan to host Taliban leaders at the rural presidential getaway.
    NBC..
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...-week-n1051286

Bolton had an ally in Vice President Mike Pence, who also made the case against a meeting at Camp David, a location Trump suggested, officials said. Bolton and Pence were in Warsaw together around the time of the internal discussions.
    Among the concerns of administration officials who opposed the meeting was that it might take place around the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, the officials and people familiar with the matter said. Pence argued at one point that such a meeting could send the wrong message to members of the U.S. military who have fought — and been killed by — the Taliban for years, one senior administration official said.
    what does Mike Pence himself say?

Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

I just saw that Trump has taken the best step of his presidency. John Bolton has been let go.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

I just saw that Trump has taken the best step of his presidency. John Bolton has been let go.
    Is that strike three for Bolton trying to **** Iran up?

John Bolton gone.

There is nothing I can compliment trump more for than firing Bolton. Hiring him was the scariest thing he’s done.

Now I truly believe he’s less about global takeover and focusing on domestic...I mean to the point of isolation nationalism which also scares me, but not as much as Bolton’s desire to take over the Middle East and South America.

Load off my mind. Best move trump has made (despite that he’s the one who hired him in the first place).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ready all you criticizers and complainers? (and you know who you are)

Well done, Trump!

There is nothing I can compliment trump more for than firing Bolton. Hiring him was the scariest thing he’s done.

Now I truly believe he’s less about global takeover and focusing on domestic...I mean to the point of isolation nationalism which also scares me, but not as much as Bolton’s desire to take over the Middle East and South America.

Load off my mind. Best move trump has made (despite that he’s the one who hired him in the first place).

Addition by subtraction is still addition. I'll definitely take it. Now let's just hope that Diamond & Silk or Dan Bongino don't get hired...
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    A theory in science is an explanation based on facts for how a specific phenomenon behaves. There are many facts around Gravity, but there is also the theory of how gravity works. We don't know everything about Gravity (far from it), but we know enough to make a working theory of how it functions.

One of the strongest proofs possible of a scientific theory is the ability to make predictions based on the facts laid out in the theory. If these predictions follow the framework of the theory, it is more proof the theory is sound. Scientists have made numerous predictions about evolution and what we will find in the fossil record and in our DNA/Biology which have come true based on the predictions of evolutionary theory.

I get what you're saying, but saying that evolution hasn't been positively proven only not positively unproven is something we could also say for the theory of gravity. Yet no one here is questioning gravity and how it works.
    Well, no one questions gravity in the sense that no one questions adaptation. That's the part we can actually SEE, just like us us sticking to earth is the part we SEE. We all buy these aspects of it which we can see. But when a story starts getting pieced together it gets a little murky. Maybe even gets clear in some ways, but also gets murky in some.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Addition by subtraction is still addition. I'll definitely take it. Now let's just hope that Diamond & Silk or Dan Bongino don't get hired...
    I’ll take Diamond and Silk over Bolton

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    the media was already attacking Trump before he showed this image with a sharpie lines to include Alabama. if there was evidence that Trump is the one that used this sharpie and he still used this image, then that deserves criticism. I find it unlikely that Trump was the one that did this, but of course some will believe literally anything.

[
    lol, the sharpie didn't even match anything tho!! 😂😂

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Well, no one questions gravity in the sense that no one questions adaptation. That's the part we can actually SEE, just like us us sticking to earth is the part we SEE. We all buy these aspects of it which we can see. But when a story starts getting pieced together it gets a little murky. Maybe even gets clear in some ways, but also gets murky in some.
    No scientist questions evolution. And nowadays, most young people don't either.

Well that's the million dollar key to proving things to some people. You saying nobody can see evolution so it becomes murky speaks to the mistrust and the idea that if you don't see something happen then it doesn't mean it happened/happens. You can say the same for governments who say things are great but if you don't physically see it then you don't believe it's true.

Other examples:

I can't see the Earth is round, so that doesn't mean it is
    I never physically saw the Moon landing, so I'm not sure it happened
    I never saw my older sibling born, I can only take them at their word

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    No scientist questions evolution. And nowadays, most young people don't either.
    Sure, great for them

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Well that's the million dollar key to proving things to some people. You saying nobody can see evolution so it becomes murky speaks to the mistrust and the idea that if you don't see something happen then it doesn't mean it happened/happens. You can say the same for governments who say things are great but if you don't physically see it then you don't believe it's true.

Other examples:

I can't see the Earth is round, so that doesn't mean it is
    I never physically saw the Moon landing, so I'm not sure it happened
    I never saw my older sibling born, I can only take them at their word
    It's not that not seeing evolution is what makes it murky, it's that adaptation we can see with our own eyes and so that's an easy sell. But selling evolution is a little harder because it is much more in depth and requires much more than adaptation, and so taking the step from adaptation to evolution gets murky relative to one another. The evidence is much murkier behind one vs the other. It's just the nature of evolution because it is such a lengthy process