Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 303 of 630 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 9446
  1. #4531
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    12,010
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I won’t wade into Jemele but who the hell is going to take that Bengal job? I sure as **** wouldn’t.
    I guess so....I like Marvin Lewis, former Buc assistant during the good years of the Bucs, but he is long in the tooth with that particular job..
    Nick

    1998 Yankees 53-19. ---

    2018 Yankees 50-22 3

  2. #4532
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,361
    The Hidden in Plain Sight Mechanism of the Super Wealthy

    Money laundering and control fraud aren't getting much attention from Mainstream Media.

    Money laundering is making dirty money legal, it makes sure that "legal" fortunes are not taxed and cannot be clawed back. Control fraud is manipulating the "legal" options.

    Conventional money laundering works by shifting ill-gotten gains into legitimate banks and/or assets. Ill-gotten gains can be laundered quite easily by buying homes or businesses (in the U.S., Europe, etc.) with cash. The home or enterprises can then be sold and the net is now legit.

    Another kind of money laundering opens shell accounts in U.S. states with no income tax or offshore tax havens and then transfers intellectual property or other income-producing assets into the shell accounts.

    Control fraud ranges from juicing the financials of companies to “legally” stripmining entire nations. Borrowing billions of dollars to buy back shares in a company and thereby boosting the value of the stock options held by top management is an excellent example of fully legal control fraud: the top managers essentially transfer enormous wealth from the enterprise to their private pockets, under the guise of “building shareholder value.”

    In other words, control fraud ranges from masking fraud to bringing fraud (however shakily) into the circle of quasi-compliance to fully legal fraud (i.e. much of what enriched the few at the expense of the many in 2002-2008 housing/mortgage bubble.)

    The ultimate form of control fraud is our auction to the highest bidder “democracy” in which wealth casts the only votes that count. Just transfer enough wealth to the political class via campiagn contributions, “donations” to their foundations, etc., and then have a juicy targeted tax break inserted into a complex legislative bill.

    References:

    Paradise Papers
    https://panamapapers.icij.org/201604...-overview.html
    https://www.icij.org/investigations/paradise-papers/
    The Best Way to Rob a Bank is to Own One: How Corporate Executives and Politicians Looted the S&L Industry
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/02.../ref=as_li_tl?
    How Corporations and the Wealthy Avoid Taxes
    (and How to Stop Them)
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...x-evasion.html
    Wealth doesn't trickle down – it just floods offshore, research reveals
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...omy-tax-havens
    Why we are shining a light on the world of tax havens again
    https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...aradise-papers
    How to stop the super-rich looting our wealth: make it illegal
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...aradise-papers

    The Paradise Papers expose a business model that lets the few asset-strip the many. Governments have powerful tools to stop this but do they have the will?
    Of course they don’t, because the political class is a direct beneficiary of Money laundering.
    The primary coin of trade between the super-wealthy/corporatocracy and the political class is the granting of what amounts to control fraud: tax breaks and loopholes that are tailored specifically to the super-wealthy and global corporations.

    The Hidden Wealth of Nations: The Scourge of Tax Havens
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/02...charleshughsm-
    Money and Work Unchained
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...52fce67fa627b6
    Last edited by kevin13697; 01-02-2018 at 09:24 PM.

  3. #4533
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,361

  4. #4534
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    44,127
    NYT OP/ED Column tonight 1/2:

    Fusion/GPS has testified to 3 Congressional Committee's and was promised it would released by all 3. Grassley has failed to do so though he's had weeks to act. They stand behind their work, and are sick of having snippets leaked to the Far Right which mis characterize what they found. The Dossier is only one aspect of what they did (paid Steele to research). They called out the Duetsche Bank issue, and other items that were found/realized many months later. They claim the Dossier is not what started the FBI - now confirmed by the Papadoupulous drunken bragging jag.

    Read it, it's good.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

    Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

  5. #4535
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    83,096
    If regulations are so bad, why is Trump proud to have strengthened them to prevent deaths during airline flight? #WhatsUpWithThat

  6. #4536
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    10,651
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If regulations are so bad, why is Trump proud to have strengthened them to prevent deaths during airline flight? #WhatsUpWithThat
    You are really really really reaching. Carry on.

  7. #4537
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    83,096
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    You are really really really reaching. Carry on.
    Pointing out bumbling hypocrisy is reaching?

  8. #4538
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    18,686
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    The Hidden in Plain Sight Mechanism of the Super Wealthy

    Money laundering and control fraud aren't getting much attention from Mainstream Media.

    Money laundering is making dirty money legal, it makes sure that "legal" fortunes are not taxed and cannot be clawed back. Control fraud is manipulating the "legal" options.

    Conventional money laundering works by shifting ill-gotten gains into legitimate banks and/or assets. Ill-gotten gains can be laundered quite easily by buying homes or businesses (in the U.S., Europe, etc.) with cash. The home or enterprises can then be sold and the net is now legit.

    Another kind of money laundering opens shell accounts in U.S. states with no income tax or offshore tax havens and then transfers intellectual property or other income-producing assets into the shell accounts.

    Control fraud ranges from juicing the financials of companies to “legally” stripmining entire nations. Borrowing billions of dollars to buy back shares in a company and thereby boosting the value of the stock options held by top management is an excellent example of fully legal control fraud: the top managers essentially transfer enormous wealth from the enterprise to their private pockets, under the guise of “building shareholder value.”

    In other words, control fraud ranges from masking fraud to bringing fraud (however shakily) into the circle of quasi-compliance to fully legal fraud (i.e. much of what enriched the few at the expense of the many in 2002-2008 housing/mortgage bubble.)

    The ultimate form of control fraud is our auction to the highest bidder “democracy” in which wealth casts the only votes that count. Just transfer enough wealth to the political class via campiagn contributions, “donations” to their foundations, etc., and then have a juicy targeted tax break inserted into a complex legislative bill.

    References:

    Paradise Papers
    https://panamapapers.icij.org/201604...-overview.html
    https://www.icij.org/investigations/paradise-papers/
    The Best Way to Rob a Bank is to Own One: How Corporate Executives and Politicians Looted the S&L Industry
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/02.../ref=as_li_tl?
    How Corporations and the Wealthy Avoid Taxes
    (and How to Stop Them)
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...x-evasion.html
    Wealth doesn't trickle down – it just floods offshore, research reveals
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...omy-tax-havens
    Why we are shining a light on the world of tax havens again
    https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...aradise-papers
    How to stop the super-rich looting our wealth: make it illegal
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...aradise-papers

    The Paradise Papers expose a business model that lets the few asset-strip the many. Governments have powerful tools to stop this but do they have the will?
    Of course they don’t, because the political class is a direct beneficiary of Money laundering.
    The primary coin of trade between the super-wealthy/corporatocracy and the political class is the granting of what amounts to control fraud: tax breaks and loopholes that are tailored specifically to the super-wealthy and global corporations.

    The Hidden Wealth of Nations: The Scourge of Tax Havens
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/02...charleshughsm-
    Money and Work Unchained
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...52fce67fa627b6
    wow... people launder illegal and legal profits

    This is definitely breaking news... back in 500 AD

  9. #4539
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    83,096
    It was pointed out to me that we have more information and understanding of a previously confusing issue.

    Trump did not want to talk to the Australian Prime Minister and claimed it was the most unpleasant conversation. Well the revelation that Australia provided some of the information about Padopolous makes a lot of sense now. I imagine that would be uncomfortable.

  10. #4540
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,509
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It was pointed out to me that we have more information and understanding of a previously confusing issue.

    Trump did not want to talk to the Australian Prime Minister and claimed it was the most unpleasant conversation. Well the revelation that Australia provided some of the information about Padopolous makes a lot of sense now. I imagine that would be uncomfortable.
    The details of which fit in perfectly with the nature of this campaign and admin.

    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...ion-in-drunken

  11. #4541
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    19,486
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If Democrats are guilty of treason because of projection then that means Republicans are guilty of voter fraud correct?
    compared to those on the left already guilty of actual (not projected) voter fraud.






    George Papadopoulos who lied to the FBI apparently now has credibility to those on the left.

    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  12. #4542
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    83,096
    A generation ago, Republicans sought to protect President Richard Nixon by urging the Senate Watergate committee to look at supposed wrongdoing by Democrats in previous elections. The committee chairman, Sam Ervin, a Democrat, said that would be “as foolish as the man who went bear hunting and stopped to chase rabbits.”
    From the first paragraph of the NY Times op-ed from the founders of Fusion GPS.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/02/o...usion-gps.html
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

  13. #4543
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    18,686
    pardon me if I don't have a lot of faith in an op-ed from a group who is all about smearing

    my stance would be the same no matter which party is using them... their starting credibility deficit is insurmountable

    although the passage you quoted was funny

  14. #4544
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    24,081
    Democrats engage in voter fraud, that's why even though there are more registered Democrats than Republicans in the US, they keep losing elections.

  15. #4545
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    44,127
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    compared to those on the left already guilty of actual (not projected) voter fraud.
    Supression of black voters from the racist right is far worse than any baloney you have, or Trump and his idioticd claims of 3 millions.



    George Papadopoulos who lied to the FBI apparently now has credibility to those on the left.
    H lied to protect himself or perhaps others, happens all the time

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    Bannon's new book says the Meeting in Trump Tower was treason. He says Don Jr and Kushner will fall on the way to bundle up Trump.

    More fractures in the right, ha hahahahhahahahaa
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

    Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •