Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I don't own a car. Retire and walk the short distance to the stores. Use the bus only when I carrying packages. Use a cab maybe once or twice a month to visit or go out with the wife.

So overall, our lifestyle enables us to have a small footprint. I would be a flaming moronic fool to suggest to someone to drive 3/4 the way to work. Carpooling would be the way to go. Have a gas efficient car that is well maintained.
    Ever buy anything?
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Ever buy anything?
    You are starting to creep me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I wonder how the media would do if NRA nominated a new 15 year old as president who had speeches like Greta did

Many journalists are going after grown adults for saying the kid was being used by the left. Wonder if they think something similar if the nra had a kid for president

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Does anyone want to tell him?

You are starting to creep me out.
    Feeling at home are ya?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Ever buy anything?
    Haha. Cmon man, that's a ridiculous standard.

You are essentially saying because everyone has polluted at some point in their life they cannot complain about pollution.

That's like saying since you broke the speed limit once you cant call out anyone for breaking the law, be it robbery, murder, assault, etc.

Cmon finger bang, you're better than that
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Haha. Cmon man, that's a ridiculous standard.

You are essentially saying because everyone has polluted at some point in their life they cannot complain about pollution.

That's like saying since you broke the speed limit once you cant call out anyone for breaking the law, be it robbery, murder, assault, etc.

Cmon finger bang, you're better than that
    Did I miss the 24/7 complaining about speeders?

Everyone has polluted, but everyone that whines about polluting is still polluting.

C'mon man.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post

Everyone has polluted, but everyone that whines about polluting is still polluting.

C'mon man.
    People dont complain about other people breaking the law? Cmon, I know you swallow this media often enough to know the answer to that...ya boy trump got a constant brigade following him to see what illegal phone call he made to who

Cmon dbronc, be better than that
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    No you don't. No one does.We really don't know hot or how cold it was 300 years ago, much less a thousand years ago. No one was around to record it to say the climate is this in this time period, so guess what.. We guess at what it was. I'm not about to ruin our economy based on a "educated" guess.
    Yes, we do. This would be like saying if no one was around to see a fire in an area, it's impossible to know if there was one. No, there's not. It leaves signs. Burned trees, residual heat, etc.

We know how the earth has heated and cooled, going back thousands and millions of years.

I think the biggest problem here is you legitimately have no idea what science knows on the subject. I recommend reading literally any science book on climate change, and then letting me know so we can start from an educated viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    I agree, that's why we should leave it to businesses to innovate, not the government.
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

The joke is the high horse liberals don't have a plan or anything. They ***** about capitalism and ask for more tax dollars to "combat" the problem. I was Greta Thunberg's age when Al Gore was *****ing and moaning. They did nothing but that.
    If the solution is that businesses will innovate in enough time to help us and combat climate change, how come they are not doing that? Are you saying that if left to their own devices, private oil companies will stop burning fossil fuels?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post

C'mon man.
    Yes, because everyone pollutes, no one can complain about pollution at all.

With this kind of flawless logic, I suppose no one here should complain the next time they dump radioactive waste in their yard. After all, even though you'll die of radiation poisoning, you are also polluting so you have no reason to complain.

I don't own a car. Retire and walk the short distance to the stores. Use the bus only when I carrying packages. Use a cab maybe once or twice a month to visit or go out with the wife.

So overall, our lifestyle enables us to have a small footprint. I would be a flaming moronic fool to suggest to someone to drive 3/4 the way to work. Carpooling would be the way to go. Have a gas efficient car that is well maintained.
    You don't own a car????

What do you do with that "Coexist" bumper sticker…wear it on the back of a jacket?

Re: that small footprint…it wil have no effect on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    You don't own a car????

What do you do with that "Coexist" bumper sticker…wear it on the back of a jacket?

Re: that small footprint…it wil have no effect on anything.
    Which is why people fight for large scale implementation of policies to fight human contributions to climate change...

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Yes everyone here. And everyone in a science lab. And everyone studying or working with climate and weather. And everyone in a scientific association.

In short, yes everyone who knows what they are talking about.
    you know that you are wrong here, right. there are scientists that don't agree with climate change.

wikipedia, for what it's worth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...global_warming

List of scientists who disagree with the scientific consensus on global warming
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    you know that you are wrong here, right. there are scientists that don't agree with climate change.

wikipedia, for what it's worth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...global_warming
    Yes, it should be understood that when I said "everyone in a science lab" I was using hyperbole.

What I actually meant was 99.99999% of all scientists. Thank you for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Which is why people fight for large scale implementation of policies to fight human contributions to climate change...

I'm all for that so long as they are reasonable.

Not driving a car and having a small "footprint" and expecting it to have any impact is just silly.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast