Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    I need you to reread my post. Its not hopeless, but catastrophic damage at this point is inevitable. The goal now is to try and buy time to minimize the damage. It could be the difference between 500 million people or 1.2 billion being gravely effected. Its more nuanced than you seem to understand.
    Yes, it's not hopeless ... so it isn't inevitable. It literally can't be inevitable if there is hope we won't end up killing ourselves. If it's inevitable there is no hope. There is no conclusive reason to believe it can't be completely reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Except that then it's not inevitable which was the point.
    Reading is good.

Applies to most of your posts
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

It really is becoming a religious thing for some people. I've never come CLOSE to denying human effects on climate or that it's a problem or that it's something we need to be acting on now. But the fact that I'm willing to argue that some things are maybe not complete or reasonable takes on the situation makes me one of "them".

I'm for getting off of fossil fuels and protecting the environment.
    I'm for universal health care.
    I'm for gun control.
    I'm for universal basic income.
    I'm pro-abortion being a protected and commonly available legal right for women.
    I'm anti-Trump, called him a racist ***hole countless times, and didn't vote for him.

And yet here I get accused of the opposite of all of those things because I have issues with some parts of people's arguments.

Must be that I have the "wrong mindset".

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Reading is good.

Applies to most of your posts
    I read them, I don't agree.

I read them, I don't agree.
    You donít disagree with anything. You totally ignore the posts you respond to, creating this endless loop of conversations that lead nowhere. Just read the posts you respond to, the answers you are looking for are almost always in there
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Nah. It's a problem yes, but the house isn't on fire.
    Thatís the problem right there. Itís not the house on fire. Itís the frog in the boiling pot. Itís not bad enough to act urgently on, but by the time it really is, we are already cooked.

Anyways. Good to go see almost 100 heads of state gathering to talk about it. My worry is that politics get in the way of doing the right thing.

Scoot is a moderator/admin? Causing this much confusion, ill will and falsely accusing people of things? I have been away for a while, but I don't remember moderators causing this much fiction, with this many people in such a short time.
    Last edited by WES445; 09-22-2019 at 09:22 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjlC02NsIt0
    This is all you need to know about "climate change/global warming"

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    You donít disagree with anything. You totally ignore the posts you respond to, creating this endless loop of conversations that lead nowhere. Just read the posts you respond to, the answers you are looking for are almost always in there
    He started with "It's inevitable" ... and it's not. So I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Thatís the problem right there. Itís not the house on fire. Itís the frog in the boiling pot. Itís not bad enough to act urgently on, but by the time it really is, we are already cooked.

Anyways. Good to go see almost 100 heads of state gathering to talk about it. My worry is that politics get in the way of doing the right thing.
    Politics pretty much always gets in the way of doing the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Scoot is a moderator/admin? Causing this much confusion, ill will and falsely accusing people of things? I have been away for a while, but I don't remember moderators causing this much fiction, with this many people in such a short time.
    It's okay. I just disagree with what you are saying or that it means to everyone what you seem to think it does. No friction needed.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Oh good lord

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Awe. Did he insult your deity?

Oh good lord
    Somewhere in-between the old rich guy and the drama queen is a pretty solid stance. Unfortunately, the drama queens are really vocal.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Here comes the "I watched a YouTube video so now I fully understand the topic and qualify for having an equal argument as our scientists that have spent their lives researching the issue" people.

I took my truck in to a mechanic. The mechanic said if I keep driving the way I am, my truck isn't going to run much longer. Then he gave me solutions to mitigate it. Luckily, I watched a YouTube video that told me the mechanic was part of a right wing conspiracy to get me to stop driving the way I am. I fully understand what's wrong with my truck now. LOL

The Lost Boys of PSD

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast