Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Because you know you’re dead wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

about what? there isn't climate change, one shouldn't be upset about it, there is a middle ground, one should be weak knee about it or what? How do you know I think I am wrong? Can you read minds from a distance? Or you Miss Cleo's bastard son? Can you tell me the winning Lotto numbers for tomorrow?

I often stop arguing about something, if it going in circles, the exchange is getting offensive, I get a strong desire to whup the other person arse, the other person is a moronic idiot, the other person is being obtuse just to argue or I simply just don't want to ruin a friendship or relationship.

Take your pick, I could care less about it. I won't continue to argue Scoot about this. Anybody else, sure.
    Last edited by WES445; 09-22-2019 at 01:54 PM.

If you think climate change isn't a problem or isn't urgent, you are stupid /end discussion - its pointless
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Do you know what "inevitable" means? If it is inevitable then there is nothing to do to stop it.
    And it is inevitable. As of now the name of the game for climate scientists is delay, not deter. Currently there's no way to avoid the catastrophic effects that will inevitably happen by 2100. The current goal is to instill policy that can buy us time to hopefully develop new technology that will minimize the consequences of climate change. You talk to any climate scientist and they will tell you exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    And it is inevitable. As of now the name of the game for climate scientists is delay, not deter. Currently there's no way to avoid the catastrophic effects that will inevitably happen by 2100. The current goal is to instill policy that can buy us time to hopefully develop new technology that will minimize the consequences of climate change. You talk to any climate scientist and they will tell you exactly this.
    So it's hopeless. Why do anything?

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    If you believe the science, our house is on fire. If you don't, I expect that you pray that your car starts everytime you turn the key. Rare issue where an educated middling opinion doesn't exist.
    Nah. It's a problem yes, but the house isn't on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Sorry, I can't continue this argument with you.
    I'm not sorry you can't continue. It's important you stop wasting resources.

We can't force other countries to follow good environmental policy. We should be heavily investing in awards for technological advancements.

Energy capture
    Energy storage
    Energy transport
    Cleaning water
    Cleaning air

There is no reason we can't reverse damage to the climate.

I question your ability to read considering the post you responded to......he already answered you

I question your ability to read considering the post you responded to......he already answered you

We can't force other countries to follow good environmental policy. We should be heavily investing in awards for technological advancements.

Energy capture
    Energy storage
    Energy transport
    Cleaning water
    Cleaning air

There is no reason we can't reverse damage to the climate.
    spoken like someone that definitely isn't a scientist

I need you to reread my post. Its not hopeless, but catastrophic damage at this point is inevitable. The goal now is to try and buy time to minimize the damage. It could be the difference between 500 million people or 1.2 billion being gravely effected. Its more nuanced than you seem to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post

How do non scientists speak?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    I need you to reread my post. Its not hopeless, but catastrophic damage at this point is inevitable. The goal now is to try and buy time to minimize the damage. It could be the difference between 500 million people or 1.2 billion being gravely effected. Its more nuanced than you seem to understand.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Even if one doesn't believe in the severity of climate change, we still have to do something about the pollution of our environment for the general health of our planet. Bee colonies collapse, the recent study stating the decrease of our bird population in North America, the containments that are polluting our bodies, and the extinction rate of animals should at least put a fire in one's belly.

We don't face a problem into it is slapping us in the face and stumping thru our homes. It is about being pro-active instead of being reactionary.

We will be arguing about this when the dam breaks and then it will be too late. I am an old man and probably will be dead before the full effects hit this earth, so it will be y'all and my children who will get the full hit.
    Last edited by WES445; 09-22-2019 at 06:20 PM.

They are planning a protest in DC that would shut down traffic and put the city into a gridlock standstill

https://twitter.com/gabrielmalor/sta...660829696?s=21

Because more cars being on the road burning gas etc is good for the climate?

Except that then it's not inevitable which was the point.

If it's inevitable it's hopeless, if it's not hopeless then it's not inevitable.

No, spoken like an engineer. Scientists study, engineers solve problems.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast