Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Quote Originally Posted by vcaintdead17 View Post
    lol if you're under 40 you're only doing yourself a disservice by being purposely obtuse about the inevitable climate apocalypse that's ahead. And if you have kids? Well, you've brought them into what is likely going to be a life of hardship and turmoil. They will probably die because of climate change, and you're denialism makes you partially responsible.
    lol!
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Mass media, lying arse politicians and big business had a major hand in making people obtuse about these problems. All to protect their wealth and power.

I do think there should form a multi nation alliance to address this problem. It would take an effort from everyone to really address the issue, groups of nations have come together before for for various reasons, this is something that should be addressed on an international level.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Iím against it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Gonna be positive and say I'm for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    lol!
    Itís pathetic how people actually believe the world is gonna end in 10 years because of it

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Itís pathetic how people actually believe the world is gonna end in 10 years because of it

I don't think anybody here said that, but I think it stupid of you to ignore this problem.

When I was a kid, before the internet, you could understand why people were ignorant about certain topics. But now a day, it is damned right criminal not to know the effects of climate change. A simple Youtube search can produce reams of stuff on its effects from highly educated, influential sources. Even the military are factoring climate change in their future assessments of global tension. They tend to be nothing but the fact bedrock realist

You have to work damn hard to achieve your level of stupidity on this subject. I congratulate you on your efforts, your accomplishment in this is mind-blowing.
    Last edited by WES445; 09-22-2019 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I don't think anybody here said that, but I think it stupid of you to ignore this problem.

When I was a kid, before the internet, you could understand why people were ignorant about certain topics. But now a day, it is damned right criminal not to know the effects of climate change. A simple Youtube search can produce reams of stuff on its effects from highly educated, influential sources. Even the military are factoring climate change in their future assessments of global tension. They tend to be nothing but the fact bedrock realist

You have to work damn hard to achieve your level of stupidity on this subject. I congratulate you on your efforts, your accomplishment in this is mind-blowing.
    You know there is a lot of room between over-reacting and doing nothing right?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    You know there is a lot of room between over-reacting and doing nothing right?
    I treat global climate change like I treated the Vietnam war, civil rights, woman right in the day, like my house is burning down. I wasn't interested in the other side opinion or feelings than either. It had to end now whether ignorant people didn't want it to or not. Anything less then that mindset winds up being gripe sessions at the local bar with friends talking about how bad things are. Inactivity and a lot of talks. There were people back then, like you, who said we were overreacting, being too extreme, single-minded so I am used to that complaint.

Hell boo, that is when I knew we were on the right track.

60 minutes have done shows on Islands disappearing under the sea due to climate change
    American coast literally sinking into the sea as shown on HBO

I would have to go to the library to research this stuff, now I can just skim the internet.

That is why I don't post sources. if you are truly interested in this you can get the information easily yourself.

To not do so either shows you are lazy or don't give a damn. Whatever the reason for your lack of this knowledge, shows me I shouldn't waste my time and yours arguing on this subject.

Even the military accept climate change and it's ramification on global tension. That alone should set off warning bells.
    Last edited by WES445; 09-22-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    lol if you're under 40 you're only doing yourself a disservice by being purposely obtuse about the inevitable climate apocalypse that's ahead. And if you have kids? Well, you've brought them into what is likely going to be a life of hardship and turmoil. They will probably die because of climate change, and you're denialism makes you partially responsible.
    I worry about my children's future because of this more and more every single day.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Do you know what "inevitable" means? If it is inevitable then there is nothing to do to stop it.

I treat global climate change like I treated the Vietnam war, civil rights, woman right in the day, like my house is burning down. I wasn't interested in the other side opinion or feelings than either. It had to end now whether ignorant people didn't want it to or not. Anything less then that mindset winds up being gripe sessions at the local bar with friends talking about how bad things are. Inactivity and a lot of talks. There were people back then, like you, who said we were overreacting, being too extreme, single-minded so I am used to that complaint.

Hell boo, that is when I knew we were on the right track.

60 minutes have done shows on Islands disappearing under the sea due to climate change
    American coast literally sinking into the sea as shown on HBO

I would have to go to the library to research this stuff, now I can just skim the internet.

That is why I don't post sources. if you are truly interested in this you can get the information easily yourself.

To not do so either shows you are lazy or don't give a damn. Whatever the reason for your lack of this knowledge, shows me I shouldn't waste my time and yours arguing on this subject.

Even the military accept climate change and it's ramification on global tension. That alone should set off warning bells.
    Back to this fictional "mindset" of yours ...

I hope you enjoy life thinking your house is on fire. You must not be going to work anymore since that's not helping climate change. Totally stopped using synthetics? No petroleum based products? Can't be wasting energy on something as trivial as online forums.

I didn't say you were over-reacting, I said there was a lot of area between over-reacting and doing nothing.

Now, right here, I'm saying you are over-reacting. If you literally think everyone should be treating climate change as if their house is on fire, then yes, you are over-reacting.

What do you want me to post a source on? I said one sentence "You know there is a lot of room between over-reacting and doing nothing right?" ... I guess I can post definitions for "know", "over-react", and "nothing" ... but I assumed you knew what those words meant.

What makes you think I'm arguing against climate change? Did you read what I wrote or are you just jumping to erroneous conclusions?

I hope you enjoy life thinking your house is on fire. You must not be going to work anymore since that's not helping climate change. Totally stopped using synthetics? No petroleum based products? Can't be wasting energy on something as trivial as online forums.

I didn't say you were over-reacting, I said there was a lot of area between over-reacting and doing nothing.

Now, right here, I'm saying you are over-reacting. If you literally think everyone should be treating climate change as if their house is on fire, then yes, you are over-reacting.

What do you want me to post a source on? I said one sentence "You know there is a lot of room between over-reacting and doing nothing right?" ... I guess I can post definitions for "know", "over-react", and "nothing" ... but I assumed you knew what those words meant.

What makes you think I'm arguing against climate change? Did you read what I wrote or are you just jumping to erroneous conclusions?
    If you believe the science, our house is on fire. If you don't, I expect that you pray that your car starts everytime you turn the key. Rare issue where an educated middling opinion doesn't exist.

Sorry, I can't continue this argument with you.
    Last edited by WES445; 09-22-2019 at 12:58 PM.

Sorry, I can't continue this argument with you.
    Because you know youíre dead wrong

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast