Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

And one of the biggest icebergs just broke off off Antarctica.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    And one of the biggest icebergs just broke off off Antarctica.

I remember the news person mentioning that scientists don't believe that this specific situation was attributed to climate change.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017) (2/3/2019)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    I remember the news person mentioning that scientists don't believe that this specific situation was attributed to climate change.
    Probably due to black magic.

This administrations efforts on climate change have been a failure on every level.

When the president claims that climate change is a Chinese hoax, I wouldn't expect much to be done about it. Sad!

At least the president didn't blame Obama and demand that Hillary be locked up for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    When the president claims that climate change is a Chinese hoax, I wouldn't expect much to be done about it. Sad!
    What's sad is that this was said while campaigning. He tried to claim the problem doesn't exist in order to not have to deal with the issue. Ignoring something doesn't make it go away so called conservative party members.

climate change has been brought up in different threads lately. I don't remember which threads, but here is this thread for this news. apparently a way to fight climate change is cannibalism.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/09/scient...rce=NYPTwitter

Scientist suggests eating human flesh to fight climate change
    A Swedish scientist speaking at Stockholm summit last week offered an unusual possible tactic in combating global climate change: eating human flesh.

Stockholm School of Economics professor and researcher Magnus Soderlund reportedly said he believes eating human meat, derived from dead bodies, might be able to help save the human race if only a world society were to “awaken the idea.”

Soderlund’s argument for human cannibalism was front and center during a panel talk called “Can You Imagine Eating Human Flesh?” at the Gastro Summit, reports the Epoch Times. “Conservative” taboos against cannibalism, he said, can change over time if people simply tried eating human flesh.

Some of the talking points at the seminar included whether humans were too selfish to “live sustainably” and if cannibalism is the solution to food sustainability in the future.

When asked during an interview after his talk if he personally would try human flesh, Soderlund said he was open to the idea.

“I feel somewhat hesitant but to not appear overly conservative … I’d have to say … I’d be open to at least tasting it,” he told Sweden’s TV4.

He suggested more plausible options such as eating pets and insects.

Before human meat becomes the next cuisine trend, however, history shows there are potential health risks to cannibalism.

A tribe in Papua New Guinea practiced eating their dead as an alternative to allowing them to be consumed by worms, according to the Standard. The cultural practice led to an epidemic of a disease called Kuru, also known as laughing death.

According to the US National Library of Medicine, the disease is caused by an infectious protein found in contaminated human brain tissue. The practice of cannibalism among the people of New Guinea came to an end in 1960.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

No doubt Climate Change is a problem, and there are many possible ways — good and bad — to address it.

While the idea of cannibalism is hard to stomach, it should be on the table, but for my taste, I think rehashing Jonathan Swift’s proposal from years back has perhaps greater merit insofar as it also helps address two other serious issues: overpopulation and poverty.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    No doubt Climate Change is a problem, and there are many possible ways — good and bad — to address it.

While the idea of cannibalism is hard to stomach, it should be on the table, but for my taste, I think rehashing Jonathan Swift’s proposal from years back has perhaps greater merit insofar as it also helps address two other serious issues: overpopulation and poverty.
    why would eating humans be an option? how would eating humans that are already deceased/dead impact climate change/overpopulation? if they're already dead then they wouldn't count in the population. I can't imagine anyone putting forward intentionally killing people to eat them in order to impact population.

would eating dead people be an option rather than burying them which takes up space? I think everyone should be cremated once valuable parts are taken. then once you have the ashes you can bury them, which would take up much less space in an urn/box.
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    why would eating humans be an option? how would eating humans that are already deceased/dead impact climate change/overpopulation? if they're already dead then they wouldn't count in the population. I can't imagine anyone putting forward intentionally killing people to eat them in order to impact population.

would eating dead people be an option rather than burying them which takes up space? I think everyone should be cremated once valuable parts are taken. then once you have the ashes you can bury them, which would take up much less space in an urn/box.
    Perhaps this is why you should listen to the opinions of the overwhelming majority of scientists and discount a bit what a small subset believe. Because they are more likely to be bought and paid for, or bat **** crazy.

I know you posted this thinking it would make people whom believe in climate change look crazy. But really it just shows how stupid people are for not accepting the general scientific consensus because a few bought for scientists deny it.

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Perhaps this is why you should listen to the opinions of the overwhelming majority of scientists and discount a bit what a small subset believe. Because they are more likely to be bought and paid for, or bat **** crazy.

I know you posted this thinking it would make people whom believe in climate change look crazy. But really it just shows how stupid people are for not accepting the general scientific consensus because a few bought for scientists deny it.

you didn't really counter/answer what I said. how is eating humans going impact climate change?
    I would be surprised at anyone not reacting like OMG to eating humans. does that sink in, literally eating people. in a desperate time where it's a last resort to live rather than dying I could see this as something people support, but in this case how is it a good option to eat humans.

whatever level of concern people have over climate change, there are options that could help. but I think it's ridiculous to suggest eating dead people. animals sure, but people, this sounds absurd.

any scientists can be bought and paid for, especially now in this current political environment where things are divisive as they are. anyone can have an agenda.

Eating people impacts climate change in that if we were eating humans instead of livestock, we wouldn't have to spend so many resources raising the livestock.

It is a dumb idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

It ruins it when you have to spell it out.

Stomach, table, taste, rehashing, Jonathan Swift... Can you say Satire?

It ruins it when you have to spell it out.

Stomach, table, taste, rehashing, Jonathan Swift... Can you say Satire?
    you brought up whoever Jonathan Swift is. I have no idea who that is. the article I posted talking about eating dead people is scientist from Sweden Magnus Soderlund. what he said is either a realistic good option, or it's stupid.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast