Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    What are your thoughts on trading DSJ? His age is the main thing that makes me hesitate however we see young really talented guys fail to reach their potential all the time in the NBA. Andrew Wiggins is a prime example. If a trade is proposed that would bring back a borderline star (Beal for example) would you consider it? If not Beal the some other mid-late 20ís borderline star that fits the Mavs.
    There are a lot of things to consider when talking about DSJ
    For starter, I think lately he has been able to fit the team more, less bad shots, better passing , better understanding to his role and understanding it is basically Luka's team (and probably Barnes after)
    His shooting has improved too.

Age is important factor, he fits Luka's timeline and to some extent Barnes too (if he is retained)
    I don't like Luka as a PG, in the sense of Ben Simmons, but more of one like Lebron,Giannis. The main ball handler but there is a PG around him

I think DSJ will be good starting PG, but very unlikely to be All Star one. And we might need an All start player beside Luka if we want to be more than a play-off team.
    Another potential downside for him is money, if DSJ think he is max contract in summer 2020 without being an All Star we might be in a Noel type of situation soon, but a bit too early for this

So the question is what can we get for him? I think the market for PG isn't good, there are plenty of them in them in this league and no team will give you anything significant as we hop for DSJ.
    That is why I am hesitant to trade him, may be in the draft if there is a player we are really high onto we might make an offer using DSJ (like Spurs in 2011, or what could have been with Roddy B in 2010) but during the season it is very unlikely we get value back.
    I hear a lot of Jackson (suns) for DSJ, or Isaac for him, but I would take DSJ over those guys
    Last edited by The_Pharouh; 11-29-2018 at 06:20 AM.

NATALIA SIWIEC

Quote Originally Posted by The_Pharouh View Post
    There are a lot of things to consider when talking about DSJ
    For starter, I think lately he has been able to fit the team more, less bad shots, better passing , better understanding to his role and understanding it is basically Luka's team (and probably Barnes after)
    His shooting has improved too.

Age is important factor, he fits Luka's timeline and to some extent Barnes too (if he is retained)
    I don't like Luka as a PG, in the sense of Ben Simmons, but more of one like Lebron,Giannis. The main ball handler but there is a PG around him

I think DSJ will be good starting PG, but very unlikely to be All Star one. And we might need an All start player beside Luka if we want to be more than a play-off team.
    Another potential downside for him is money, if DSJ think he is max contract in summer 2020 without being an All Star we might be in a Noel type of situation soon, but a bit too early for this

So the question is what can we get for him? I think the market for PG isn't good, there are plenty of them in them in this league and no team will give you anything significant as we hop for DSJ.
    That is why I am hesitant to trade him, may be in the draft if there is a player we are really high onto we might make an offer using DSJ (like Spurs in 2011, or what could have been with Roddy B in 2010) but during the season it is very unlikely we get value back.
    I hear a lot of Jackson (suns) for DSJ, or Isaac for him, but I would take DSJ over those guys
    Yea I would take DSJ over them for sure. If San Antonio continues to fall further and Further out of the playoff picture I wonder if they would prefer to blow it up at the trade deadline. Would they make DeRozen available? Would they be willing to deal him for a package of DSJ/Wes (young player + cap space)? The Mavs could then move JJ or Brunson to the starting lineup in order to keep two ball handlers on the court at all times. That would be a huge long shot especially considering theyíre in the same division but with the way the Spurs season is going itís not completely a crazy idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Yea I would take DSJ over them for sure. If San Antonio continues to fall further and Further out of the playoff picture I wonder if they would prefer to blow it up at the trade deadline. Would they make DeRozen available? Would they be willing to deal him for a package of DSJ/Wes (young player + cap space)? The Mavs could then move JJ or Brunson to the starting lineup in order to keep two ball handlers on the court at all times. That would be a huge long shot especially considering theyíre in the same division but with the way the Spurs season is going itís not completely a crazy idea.
    This actually an interesting idea, in general I prefer more youth players but Demar is such interesting player for me that I would do it if SAS are interested.

NATALIA SIWIEC

Great game from the rookies, Luka 11-0 run was something else, but Jalen proving he is worth his place here

NATALIA SIWIEC

Luka could have had a triple/double tonight but the Mavs were killing Orlando so they decided to rest him. Canít fault them for that. Brunson also had another good night as the starting PG. I think eventually Brunson will end up being the starting PG on this team with Dennis coming off the bench in a Jason Terry or Monte Ellis type role. Once Dennis figures out that he needs to (and can) be a scorer. Or, I could see a scenario where Dennis is used as a trade chip to bring in a missing piece.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123