Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    1,477
    Luka looked good yesterday too.
    Right now it seems:
    1-His playmaking is as good as advertised, despite not having the chance to show it a lot.
    2-He is a scorer too, always have been. though I doubt he will be 25+ scorer in his career
    3-He still has ton of development ahead of him, mid range and 3PT will need further improved, will need to use post up more. need to learn to finish in traffic too.
    4-He need to tighten up his handle in order to be able to attack more, and cut his turn overs.

    DJ is huge addition here,Webeeg.
    Still don't feel it for DSJ

    NATALIA SIWIEC

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,675
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Pharouh View Post
    Luka looked good yesterday too.
    Right now it seems:
    1-His playmaking is as good as advertised, despite not having the chance to show it a lot.
    2-He is a scorer too, always have been. though I doubt he will be 25+ scorer in his career
    3-He still has ton of development ahead of him, mid range and 3PT will need further improved, will need to use post up more. need to learn to finish in traffic too.
    4-He need to tighten up his handle in order to be able to attack more, and cut his turn overs.

    DJ is huge addition here,Webeeg.
    Still don't feel it for DSJ
    Iím seeing pretty much the same things. Luka definitely needs to tighten up his handle. Once he develops a strong back to the basket game heís going to be very deadly.

    I also have not been impressed with Dennis at all. He doesnít seem to have the ďitĒ factor that you can already see in Luka. Dennis is still really young though. He doesnít have to be Kyrie Irving but he does have to be a lot better than heís shown.

    Deandre is a beast. Iím really impressed with the leadership skills heís showing. Of course his actual game isnít bad either.

    Iím really anxious to see how this team looks at full strength when Barnes and Dirk are back. I really think they should consider having Wes come off the bench and starting:

    Dennis/DFS/Barnes/Luka/Deandre

    The bench has been really strong this year and will only get better with Dirk and Wes added to that mix. I also really like how JJ/Powell/Kleber are playing together. We havenít really even seen Mejri yet either.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    1,477
    Great game by Luka against Spurs, him and DSJ are developing some chemistry too

    NATALIA SIWIEC

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,675
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Pharouh View Post
    Great game by Luka against Spurs, him and DSJ are developing some chemistry too
    Man, if Dennis has only hit that last free throw. Overall theyíre still a really young team and are likely going to lose a lot of games like this at the end. Theyíre just going to have to learn how to close games out. Not too different than those early Finley/Nash/Dirk teams had to learn.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    1,584
    We will need to either get rid of Dennis at some point or he will need to be subordinate to Luka in terms of ball in hand. In order to be successful Luka is going to need the bring the ball up the court more and initiate the action. I think Smith Jr. is not a good fit on this team. Over-dribbles, not a great shooter and will take away from the greatness of Luka. Smith would be a good 6th man on an actual good team. Comes in and provides some quick firepower. Luka needs the ball!

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,675
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    We will need to either get rid of Dennis at some point or he will need to be subordinate to Luka in terms of ball in hand. In order to be successful Luka is going to need the bring the ball up the court more and initiate the action. I think Smith Jr. is not a good fit on this team. Over-dribbles, not a great shooter and will take away from the greatness of Luka. Smith would be a good 6th man on an actual good team. Comes in and provides some quick firepower. Luka needs the ball!
    There is not need to panic and overreact. I believe the guys just need to get used to playing together. They need to figure out their roles. Is Dennis better suited coming off the bench? Is Luke better off as a playmaker/scorer or is he better as a distributor? Should DFS be starting? Should Brunson be starting? These are all things that are going to take time to figure out. Theyíve only played 8 games together. Couple that with the young age of most of the core of this team. Theyíre going to really struggle.

    I believe they will look a lot better after the All Star break. They will likely be so far out of the playoff picture (for the 8th seed at best) that DJ and Wes could be flipped for young players and/or draft picks. Mavs may have to take on bad contracts in order to take on young players/picks.

    My main point is though that this team just needs time to figure out who they are, what their identity is.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    1,477
    I see both arguments with DSJ
    I didn't like him during his college year , during draft and was upset we drafted him and thought he was overrated last year. And in all honesty I don't believe in trying to build a team around a PG unless he is a generational type of talent like Curry or pre-injury Rose

    But the truth is Luka need another PG with him, in RM he excelled while playing beside one of Europ top PG in past decades (LLull) and it is the best for him not be the team PG, he isn't Simmons and we shouldn't try to mold him into him.
    DSJ fit that category, and tbh he is the one who gives Luka most passes, unlike DJ & Wes for example. I think he is gradually understanding how great Luka is.
    Luka is also integrated well in the team with him, sure there are times when we feel like we ignore him, but same thing was said about Dirk and Jet and people said there were times Dirk was ignored. This is just RC offense and Luka always had the chance to thrive late in the game and be given the ball.. He is growing into his role.

    DSJ has the talent, improved shot this year over last year which is encouraging.
    Is he a future fit for Luka? it is 50/50 at the moment but we need to figure it out before moving DSJ. because right now his value isn't as good as people think


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    They will likely be so far out of the playoff picture (for the 8th seed at best) that DJ and Wes could be flipped for young players and/or draft picks. Mavs may have to take on bad contracts in order to take on young players/picks.
    When was the last time the Mavs traded for a 1st round pick? Not talking about moving up or down in the draft.

    NATALIA SIWIEC

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,675
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Pharouh View Post
    I see both arguments with DSJ
    I didn't like him during his college year , during draft and was upset we drafted him and thought he was overrated last year. And in all honesty I don't believe in trying to build a team around a PG unless he is a generational type of talent like Curry or pre-injury Rose

    But the truth is Luka need another PG with him, in RM he excelled while playing beside one of Europ top PG in past decades (LLull) and it is the best for him not be the team PG, he isn't Simmons and we shouldn't try to mold him into him.
    DSJ fit that category, and tbh he is the one who gives Luka most passes, unlike DJ & Wes for example. I think he is gradually understanding how great Luka is.
    Luka is also integrated well in the team with him, sure there are times when we feel like we ignore him, but same thing was said about Dirk and Jet and people said there were times Dirk was ignored. This is just RC offense and Luka always had the chance to thrive late in the game and be given the ball.. He is growing into his role.

    DSJ has the talent, improved shot this year over last year which is encouraging.
    Is he a future fit for Luka? it is 50/50 at the moment but we need to figure it out before moving DSJ. because right now his value isn't as good as people think




    When was the last time the Mavs traded for a 1st round pick? Not talking about moving up or down in the draft.
    I donít know that they ever have traded for a 1st round pick. I donít think they have. Usually they have preferred to trade for players (JET, Stackhouse, and Nash for example). Iím just saying that it could be an option if a playoff team is looking to add a dominant rebounder and/or solid SG to come off their bench. Both have expiring contracts so ideally they should have value on the trade block. I could see the Mavs making the trade if there is a team looking to dump a young player with a large contract that has under performed. Or is there a chance they could get involved as a 3rd team to help facilitate a Jimmy Butler trade?

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    1,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I donít know that they ever have traded for a 1st round pick. I donít think they have. Usually they have preferred to trade for players (JET, Stackhouse, and Nash for example). Iím just saying that it could be an option if a playoff team is looking to add a dominant rebounder and/or solid SG to come off their bench. Both have expiring contracts so ideally they should have value on the trade block. I could see the Mavs making the trade if there is a team looking to dump a young player with a large contract that has under performed. Or is there a chance they could get involved as a 3rd team to help facilitate a Jimmy Butler trade?
    I actually checked it, we bought pick from Memphis in 2010 draft (Dominique Jones) but it is more of buying than really trading for a pick. before it? 2004 NBA draft.
    I agree with what you are saying, it is just that I doubt the Mavs have same mindset. I think there is bigger chance we go after a veteran player via trade than young one, which would be sad

    NATALIA SIWIEC

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,675
    We can definitely forget about being involved in any Jimmy Butler trade since he got traded today to the Sixers.

    Based on their history it is more likely they would prefer to trade for a veteran player. I donstill think there are some fairly young vets that could be a available though. If the Wizards are tanking by the trade deadline would they be looking to try and dump Otto Porterís massive contract? I remember the Mavs did have an interest in him before he signed that deal. Could the Knicks be looking to dump Hardaway for Wes in order to clear some cap room to make a run at KD? Any interest in Love or Tristan Thompson from Cleveland?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •