Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sterling Brown

Exclamation Sterling Brown

Kinda sounds like Redd in his younger days when he played D.

Bucks To Acquire Sterling Brown From Sixers
    June 22nd 2017 at 10:56pm CST by Luke Adams
    The Bucks and Sixers have reached an agreement on the No. 46 overall pick, according to Shams Charania of The Vertical. Charania reports (via Twitter) that Milwaukee is acquiring the pick – and the draft rights to SMU’s Sterling Brown – from Philadelphia.
    Brown is a 6’6″ senior who averaged 13.4 points and 6.5 rebounds for the Mustangs this season. He is the younger brother of former NBA player Shannon Brown.
    In addition to top pick Markelle Fultz*and*Anzejs Pasecniks*at No. 25, the Sixers came away from the draft with two second-rounders, Jonah Bolden at No. 36 and*Mathias Lessort*at No. 50.
    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/06/...medium=twitter

We have Brown but its not official till like July 1 for the new fiscal cycle for 76ers payroll. Not sure if its just cash or a future pick as well?

Sterling Brown is basically Snell IMO. So I would think Snell is gone. Brown can shoot the rock, but pretty limited athletically, tries hard defensively..I think Snell is a little more athletic.

I like the Sterling Brown pick, much better than the DJ Wilson pick. He adds skills that this team and every team needs, shooting and defense. Plus he's a low usage guy which fits in with our core.

As far as saying Snell is gone because of this draft pick. I'd say we could use 2 more players just like them. We need a starting SG, a backup SG and a backup SF and if Brogdon is stuck at PG, that only leaves Brown. Sure you could play Middleton at SG, but then you need a starting SF, so your no better off.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    I like the Sterling Brown pick, much better than the DJ Wilson pick. He adds skills that this team and every team needs, shooting and defense. Plus he's a low usage guy which fits in with our core.

As far as saying Snell is gone because of this draft pick. I'd say we could use 2 more players just like them. We need a starting SG, a backup SG and a backup SF and if Brogdon is stuck at PG, that only leaves Brown. Sure you could play Middleton at SG, but then you need a starting SF, so your no better off.

Could shift Giannis down to SF till Parker is back. Then start Wilson at PF. Or slide Maker to PF and either start Henson or Moose at center. While at work I was thinking of our roster. I'm at the point to say just stand pat. Gel some more. Have some continuity. Only way i'd make a trade is if a injury happened and a guy is done for the season at a weak position.

When we drafted Thornwell I was more excited than the Wilson pick. Then come to find out we sold him to the Clippers and we got Brown from Philly, l was pissed! However I started researching this guy and became warming to him. Brown is like 45% from downtown along with a big body that can play D. He looks like a keeper, although I would have kept Thornwell too!

Quote Originally Posted by BUCK WILD!! View Post
    When we drafted Thornwell I was more excited than the Wilson pick. Then come to find out we sold him to the Clippers and we got Brown from Philly, l was pissed! However I started researching this guy and became warming to him. Brown is like 45% from downtown along with a big body that can play D. He looks like a keeper, although I would have kept Thornwell too!
    Yeah Brown is labeled sleeper pick and ready day one like Brogdon. Kinda reminds me of when Redd first came into the league. All D and working on his 3 ball. Well brown has D and a 3 ball already.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Yeah Brown is labeled sleeper pick and ready day one like Brogdon. Kinda reminds me of when Redd first came into the league. All D and working on his 3 ball. Well brown has D and a 3 ball already.
    I don't mind Brown for second round pick but same with Wilson liked a few other guys better. Miller, on another point no way Wilson is starting. He needs time. Maybe bench stretch 4. No chance he's starting Day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by BUCK WILD!! View Post
    Buck Wild you need to get Twitter then you wouldn't have had that disappointment! Brown was a Buck and Thornwell was being sold before Bucks even took him.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Buck Wild you need to get Twitter then you wouldn't have had that disappointment! Brown was a Buck and Thornwell was being sold before Bucks even took him.
    Yea! One of the good things of having twitter!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast