Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: DJ Wilson

Is that a Popeye anchor tattoo on his right arm?

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Kidd said we rebound as a team and then drank, sounds more like it. Other than Monroe and Giannis, we really don't rebound and by drafting a PF that doesn't rebound, it's probably not going to improve.

The nets still have cap room and could use a shooter, maybe they'd be interested in Snell. The other factor here is there is way less money available for free agents and we have Snells rights. He's not one of the top FA's available and Minnesota was a likely destination prior to acquiring Butler. Maybe we resign Snell to a 4 year $32 Mil contract, because nobody else is offering him 8 figure deals.

If we lose Snell and don't find a decent replacement with our MLE, like a C J Miles, We will be back in the lottery. Our starting lineup will likely be Delly, Brogdon, Middleton, Giannis and Thon. Our 2nd unit will be terrible in the back court. Payton and Sterling Brown possibly. I say we win 36 to 38 games if we get no back court help. If we resign Snell, who starts and moves Delly back to 2nd unit, we win 44 - 47 games and maybe more. As little production as we get from Snell, his presence on this team makes a huge difference until Jabari comes back and can play extensive minutes.
    Typically sign and trades are worked out before the "signing." You talk to teams as the process is ongoing. And according to reports Snell could get around 13 million. Either let him go or S&T. I don't want another overpaid player. I could see if you can ship Henson and Delly or something in early stages of FA and then matching a Snell offer sheet but only if a deal or two are off the books

Yeah if were stuck with Telly, Delly, henson then matching Snell or sign and trade and getting equal salary back we're kinda screwed. Besides the big hole at PG. We cant afford to over pay role players. Cause once Middleton and Parker are due we owe them. Cant let them go while looking at our over paid role players. Giannis be pissed off then.

I agree, we can't have overpaid role players on the team if we want to keep the core together. That being said, monroe and Telly will be off the books by the time parker's extension would actually start. He may sign an extension next year, but the salary increase wouldn't start right away. Middleton has a player option, so it's likely he comes off the books that year too. But delly and Henson come off the books the year after, so I'd hope the owners would be willing to bump into the luxury tax for a season (if that's what it takes) to keep the core together.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I agree, we can't have overpaid role players on the team if we want to keep the core together. That being said, monroe and Telly will be off the books by the time parker's extension would actually start. He may sign an extension next year, but the salary increase wouldn't start right away. Middleton has a player option, so it's likely he comes off the books that year too. But delly and Henson come off the books the year after, so I'd hope the owners would be willing to bump into the luxury tax for a season (if that's what it takes) to keep the core together.
    I agree. This cant turn into the whole Thunder blunder. Of them over paying Perkins. Then Harden ready to walk. We could be in the same boat. I was hoping to trade Delly to Knicks for O'Quinn. Horst/Kidd and that tweet in the Hammond to Magic thread mentions having flexibility. So maybe they're working on a Henson trade? Nets? They only got Mozgov and my Jarrett Allen. What other teams could eat Henson if they miss out on free agents and want to get to cap ceiling? We probably have to keep Telly since he has the shorter deal in length of years. Or dealt for a year sooner. But still doesn't help of unloading Henson or Delly.

Kyle O'Quinn $4,087,500 $4,256,250 final year player option.

Matthew Dellavedova $9,607,500 $9,607,500 $9,607,500

Some reports on twitter Knicks chasing after PG Holiday. I think he stays with Pelicans. Knicks so up in the air shopping KP and Melo. Phil is Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I agree. This cant turn into the whole Thunder blunder. Of them over paying Perkins. Then Harden ready to walk. We could be in the same boat. I was hoping to trade Delly to Knicks for O'Quinn. Horst/Kidd and that tweet in the Hammond to Magic thread mentions having flexibility. So maybe they're working on a Henson trade? Nets? They only got Mozgov and my Jarrett Allen. What other teams could eat Henson if they miss out on free agents and want to get to cap ceiling? We probably have to keep Telly since he has the shorter deal in length of years. Or dealt for a year sooner. But still doesn't help of unloading Henson or Delly.

Kyle O'Quinn $4,087,500 $4,256,250 final year player option.

Matthew Dellavedova $9,607,500 $9,607,500 $9,607,500

Some reports on twitter Knicks chasing after PG Holiday. I think he stays with Pelicans. Knicks so up in the air shopping KP and Melo. Phil is Phil.
    Hawes has opted in so we will have to get rid of him too if we do this trade!

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Let's see what he can do in the summer league!

I wouldn't get too worked up about his summer league performance. He feels like the type of player, especially early in his career, where he's going to feed off other guys. That's not the type of guy who thrives in summer league. Summer league is usually dominated by ball dominant guards who usually aren't great passers or distributors. You may see some flashes of potential out of Wilson in the summer league, but it's not likely that he's going to put up huge numbers.

I don't expect getting a lot of value out of Wilson this season and I wouldn't expect him to get many minutes unless Teletovic is traded. Wilson definately has an upside and will take time to develope. As a college player, he really didn't do much till his last 10 games or so. If we needed a starter for this season, we'd have been better off with Nigel Hayes who wasn't even drafted. Nigel is better defensively, rebounding, passing and handling the ball. Wilson is a better shooter and is taller.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    I don't expect getting a lot of value out of Wilson this season and I wouldn't expect him to get many minutes unless Teletovic is traded. Wilson definately has an upside and will take time to develope. As a college player, he really didn't do much till his last 10 games or so. If we needed a starter for this season, we'd have been better off with Nigel Hayes who wasn't even drafted. Nigel is better defensively, rebounding, passing and handling the ball. Wilson is a better shooter and is taller.
    Agree wouldn't expect much of Wilson this season. He has to get stronger and get used to some contact kind of a finesse player. I seriously hope you are joking with your Nigel Hayes comment or take the rose colored glasses off. He's not an NBA player. Can't shoot a lick, might be 6-8. Not much defensive versatility at the NBA level. Handle the ball? Not at an NBA level or even close. Wilson is a FAR superior shooter, better rim protector and can switch and guard multiple positions. Wilson will take some time, but projects as a nice stretch 4 option and not too far off down the road. Nigel not making the league after summer league

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast