Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Bit outdated standings wise. They have us at #7 lottery picking Lonnie Walker. 7 days ago. We racked off a three game winning streak now.

http://www.nbadraft.net/

As of right now were #15 in the draft.

http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/group/league

Kinda hope the league gets rid of the 1 and done stuff. Seems like if you don't draft a guy that's been playing 3 or 4 years of basketball. Then ya reach for a guy that only played one year then doesn't have a NBA body and needs like 3 years to bulk up and learn the game. Then after that RFA and then owners like damn we have to pay for a unproven kid right away.

I’d be okay with dropping the one and done rule. However, the most likely scenario to drop it would also open up for guys to go direct from high school to the pros. So basically, you’d have a MLB style system where you can come right out of HS, but if you go to college, you have to play for a certain amount of years (most likely 2).

So I’m not sure it actually solves your issue. At the end of the day, you’ll have a chunk of kids who would come out even more raw.

The PA would never be for it, but I’d be for a MLB style system where the player’s controllable “clock” doesn’t start until he reaches the NBA. So if you took a kid out of high school, you could play him in the G League for a year or two without any NBA minutes. But as soon as he plays his first NBA minute, his 4 year contract starts for that season. Basically, a players true nba contract that he signs as a rookie doesn’t start until the season he plays an nba minute. You can develop him on your own for a set amount of money in the G League without wasting him on his contract.

The MLB does an awful job of paying their minor leaguers so to get the PA to accept for the nba, you’d have to pay a decent wage. I also think you’d have to put limits on if. Like a direct from HS kid could only be delayed two years. A college sophomore can only be delayed 1 year and you can’t delay juniors or seniors (or base it upon age instead of year of school). So you couldn’t bury a high school kid for 4 years and then still have control over them for 4 more years.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 11-17-2017 at 12:51 PM.

I like the clock rule. I would of had Maker and Vaughn and Wilson and Brown down there this season.

I’m theory, we needed and used maker last year, so his clock would have started. To make it fair for the players (and more acceptable for the PA), I would assume the clock starts with your first nba minutes. Adds a little strategy to the draft and allows you to develop guys right out of high school the way you want.

i hope we draft gianniss brother. alphabet bros on the same team, he might be the big we need lol

Where Becoming a Legend Happens.
    @ChrisWagner87

Not sure how many open roster spots we even have next year. Jet I think well and the miss managed and letting Vaughn go. So that's two spots for both picks. Barring any other trades for expiring deals.

#14 Milwaukee Lonnie Walker 6-4 200 SG Miami Fr.

#44 Milwaukee Arnoldas Kulboka 6-9 205 SF Lithuania Intl.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft

It was yesterday's mock. Not sure if our win bumped us to #15 or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    #14 Milwaukee Lonnie Walker 6-4 200 SG Miami Fr.

#44 Milwaukee Arnoldas Kulboka 6-9 205 SF Lithuania Intl.

It was yesterday's mock. Not sure if our win bumped us to #15 or not.
    I really like Metu from USC.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Not sure how many open roster spots we even have next year. Jet I think well and the miss managed and letting Vaughn go. So that's two spots for both picks. Barring any other trades for expiring deals.
    But we only have 1 pick I think. If Phoenix doesn't get our 1st, then they get our 2nd. Plus Liggins and Mitten.

#16 Milwaukee Wendell Carter 6-10 260 PF/C Duke Fr.

#46 Milwaukee Shake Milton 6-6 205 PG/SG SMU Jr.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast